Problems whit Achievements during LW S2.

Unum.8691

I've notice that some achievements during the LW S2 doesn't work even though I successfully complete them. Take for instance Sneaky Sleuth, Super Sleuth and Shoddy Sleuth during the Party Politics. Even though I followed both suggestions on the Wiki and on Dulfy.net I still don't get the achievement. I read somewhere they some of those you need to replay the chapter in order to get, since some are opposite to each other (like in my next example), but no matter if I do it on a fresh character or replay it, I don't get credit for it.

The other example is during Caithe's Reconnaissance Squad and there is one, No Thanks to Canach, that should be impossible to fail. I don't plant any mines on any of the Mordred corpses and yet I don't get the achievement for it. There is another one, the opposite so to speak, where you plant mines on all corpses (10 of them) which I've done, I counted them all. Still, no achievement after I leave the instance.

So before I send a ticket a Anet, have anyone experienced this and/or have any suggestions on what could have gone wrong? Like I wrote, the No Thanks to Canach should be impossible to fail (don't plant any mines, which I don't!) and yet I don't get any achievement. I can't imagine that the achievement is calculated and given to the player first after the entire chapter is complete?

@Unum.8691 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:No. You need to complete the LS2 episode first.OK, got it. Thank you! You have saved me a lot of time and effort. I've replayed some of those chapters four or five times already.

Just a question did you replay the same mission twice on the exact same character?Since the first play through make you able to do the achievements on the second play through

You can tell as soon as you enter the instance which achievements you're eligible for because there will be an icon alongside your buffs and conditions to show which ones are active. If that's not there then you need to complete the episode on that character first. If it disappears without you getting the achievement then it means you failed or missed the opportunity.

From HoT onwards some of those markers only appear when you enter the section where you can earn the achievement, for example if there's one for fighting a boss in a certain way it will only appear when you enter the encounter with the boss, but in Season 2 they all appear right from the start. (I think this is because from HoT onwards the achievements can be done on your first play-through on that character, so they hide the achievement markers to avoid spoilers.)

Finally there are some achievements which will not be awarded until you've completed the entire instance. The Party Politics ones all work this way if I remember correctly, because your suspicion level can change at almost any time through the instance. If you're sure you've done everything right to earn an achievement but it hasn't been awarded it's always worth completing the instance to see if it's awarded then.

@Danikat.8537 said:You can tell as soon as you enter the instance which achievements you're eligible for because there will be an icon alongside your buffs and conditions to show which ones are active. If that's not there then you need to complete the episode on that character first. If it disappears without you getting the achievement then it means you failed or missed the opportunity.

From HoT onwards some of those markers only appear when you enter the section where you can earn the achievement, for example if there's one for fighting a boss in a certain way it will only appear when you enter the encounter with the boss, but in Season 2 they all appear right from the start. (I think this is because from HoT onwards the achievements can be done on your first play-through on that character, so they hide the achievement markers to avoid spoilers.)

Finally there are some achievements which will not be awarded until you've completed the entire instance. The Party Politics ones all work this way if I remember correctly, because your suspicion level can change at almost any time through the instance. If you're sure you've done everything right to earn an achievement but it hasn't been awarded it's always worth completing the instance to see if it's awarded then.

Yet another helpful post. Thank you!

I feel its a odd system, that you cant complete some achievement on the first try during the story. Instead you have to replay it. Not sure the reason behind that. Nevertheless, now I know and don't have to trial and error anymore.

If I remember correctly that was part of promoting the idea of the living story being repeatable content. Before Season 2 all Living World releases were like festivals - they were only available for 2-4 weeks then removed from the game, so even people who might want to replay the story often just did it once to allow time for everything else, and most the achievements had to be relatively easy because there wasn't much time to practice and figure them out. So for Season 2 they added harder achievements which unlocked after you completed the story, to encourage players to repeat it and get used to the idea that they could come back to it later on.

It might also be to make it clear the achievements are optional and if you just want to complete the story without the extra challenge you can safely ignore them.

I have another thread in Players Helping Players with almost the same complaint, but a different chapter. After reading this thread, I want to flog a dead horse, just to be sure.

So, I have to finish a LWS2 chapter with a character and then go back and redo sections of that chapter to even qualify for an achievement opportunity, is that right? Or do I have to finish the entire S2 story first, before attempting achievements?

@Gorkus.7496 said:I have another thread in Players Helping Players with almost the same complaint, but a different chapter. After reading this thread, I want to flog a dead horse, just to be sure.

So, I have to finish a LWS2 chapter with a character and then go back and redo sections of that chapter to even qualify for an achievement opportunity, is that right? Or do I have to finish the entire S2 story first, before attempting achievements?

@Gorkus.7496 said:I have another thread in Players Helping Players with almost the same complaint, but a different chapter. After reading this thread, I want to flog a dead horse, just to be sure.

After you finsihed 1 of the 8 chapters you can go back and do achievements in that chapter with the same character.