Guild Bank Depositing

Depositing in the guild bank is currently not functioning correctly. I have tried several guilds and I have had other players do the same. For some reason it won't allow anyone to deposit. It is not a premission issue I checked those and all are allowed to deposit. Also I am guild lead and I can depsit anything. We are able to withdraw though.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

@Mark Katzbach.9084 wroteWe have temporarily disabled item deposits to guild banks. All other guild bank functionality is unaffected.

Thank you.

It would be too much to expect them to give at least 1 or 2 sentences of explanation though? I work in IT support and nothing makes your customers more irritated than not giving a reason - even if it's just a simple eta.

@hmsgoddess.3869 said:Depositing in the guild bank is currently not functioning correctly. I have tried several guilds and I have had other players do the same. For some reason it won't allow anyone to deposit. It is not a premission issue I checked those and all are allowed to deposit. Also I am guild lead and I can depsit anything. We are able to withdraw though.

I second that. Was just about to send a report...

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

@Mark Katzbach.9084 wroteWe have temporarily disabled item deposits to guild banks. All other guild bank functionality is unaffected.

Great. Now I am stuck with stuff in my inventory that I don't need. ;) Hope this gets fixed soon. :/

@Doo Lally.8594 said:It would be too much to expect them to give at least 1 or 2 sentences of explanation though? I work in IT support and nothing makes your customers more irritated than not giving a reason - even if it's just a simple eta.

Historically, there are only two reasons ANet suspends a function on a weekend:

• Emergency balance issue, and they always offer an explanation for those
  • Blocking an exploit until it can get fixed; they almost never offer an explanation for these.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Doo Lally.8594 said:It would be too much to expect them to give at least 1 or 2 sentences of explanation though? I work in IT support and nothing makes your customers more irritated than not giving a reason - even if it's just a simple eta.

Historically, there are only two reasons ANet suspends a function on a weekend:
  • Emergency balance issue, and they always offer an explanation for those
  • Blocking an exploit until it can get fixed; they almost never offer an explanation for these.

I agree with your reasoning but it's still poor customer service.