*PvP* Full support Build viable/playable in Mid Gold?

EnderzShadow.2506

I need some sage wisdom from the aged and experienced ElE mains.

Here's the thing, I'd like to play a ElE support build in the range of Low Gold 2-Low Plat. I don't even know if that is a thing.Or if it's one of those obscure builds that only one person can play, the person who made the build.

Does ElE have anything that could compete for the Range of PvP I want to play in? Maybe something that just gets overlooked and not played often?Something that could be on the level or close to a pre-nerf support scrapper?

Thanks in Advance

This past ranked season I had alot of success with an auramancer build. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAg2lRwcYNsOWJmOXWtfA-z5AXGZWA5nAqOA

Plenty of condi cleanse, dagger focus brings a bunch of auras which will augement your teams defensive capabilities and heal them. Rune of soldier provides some extra survivability and even more condi cleanse. Auras shared heal thanks to tempest. You are extremely resiliant allowing you to be focused or hold a point as your team wears down the enemy. You have below average killing power but can catch people off guard in 1v1s through the use of the shocking aura and burst them down with air 2, fire 2 into fire 3. Air overload creates a large static field whose damage is noticable so a very convient point/area denial.

Support tempest, either a staff for better control/utility or dagger for better dueling.

You can pretty much play any viable build up to plat 1/2. Vallun plays ele on his alt and is in plat. You need the knowledge of PvP mapping and understanding your (enemy's) skills.

The builds differ from a Tempest to another but there are key traits, so it is versatile to pick what's best suited for the match.

I think you can go with whatever you want if your aim is mid gold. I play core DD celestial or mender ele and it is really good. But a friendly advice, try to remember the names of your enemies and teammates as you will need to remember their playstyle. Trying to heal a warrior that runs around like a maniac is never fun :)

I was in mid gold with my Dagger/Focus Tempest. I was water, Air, and Tempest. I had After Shock, Conjure Earth Shield, and Arcane Shield utilities with The Glyph as heal and Rebound as elite. For Water I was 231, Air 323 and Tempest 323. If I wanted more aura play for team, I would go 123 in air instead as the precision for 123 in Air is more selfish. I also had the sigil that steals a boon on interrupt (Absorptions) and that cleanses a condition (Cleansing) on weapon swap with Rune of Air and the Avatar Amulet.

The build doesn't have too much condi clear, so it doesn't do too well against enemies that apply a lot of different conditions, like Scourge. But this build focuses mostly on locking down opponents with either interrupts and immobilize. It's an absolute nightmare against enemies that use projectiles, don't have stunbreaks, or can't cleanse the immobilize . It's mostly a damage build, but still offers great support through auras, regen and condi clears, reflects, and Rebound for when someone might die.

The build also has 2 invulnerabilities for waiting out conditions or cooldowns. It does a ton of damage by overloading air and then switching to water. I regularly get both top damage and healing.

Earth Shield adds a little fun for pulling enemies into your aoes, off point, of down a ledge and gives a nice reflect, an invuln, and 2 interrupts for lightning rod with some barrier and a block. The build also heals on block, so that with Arcane Aura make for some nice heals.

@"Draconious.2751" said:This past ranked season I had alot of success with an auramancer build. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAg2lRwcYNsOWJmOXWtfA-z5AXGZWA5nAqOA

Plenty of condi cleanse, dagger focus brings a bunch of auras which will augement your teams defensive capabilities and heal them. Rune of soldier provides some extra survivability and even more condi cleanse. Auras shared heal thanks to tempest. You are extremely resiliant allowing you to be focused or hold a point as your team wears down the enemy. You have below average killing power but can catch people off guard in 1v1s through the use of the shocking aura and burst them down with air 2, fire 2 into fire 3. Air overload creates a large static field whose damage is noticable so a very convient point/area denial.

Thank you. I'll check that out and let you know how it goes. I might have a question or 2 for ya, if you dont mind....once I start feeling out the build.

@Auburner.6945 said:Support tempest, either a staff for better control/utility or dagger for better dueling.

You can pretty much play any viable build up to plat 1/2. Vallun plays ele on his alt and is in plat. You need the knowledge of PvP mapping and understanding your (enemy's) skills.

The builds differ from a Tempest to another but there are key traits, so it is versatile to pick what's best suited for the match.

Thanks. Although I've played since release, I don't know ele well. Just never played it outside of core DD(very briefly) years ago.Do you have a link, a video--anything where I could find that?The only reason I mentioned tier is because there is a sweet spot that lies between 'fun competitive play' and 'Getting completely outplayed.'It's not that I am trying to reach any particular tier. I just didn't want to hear the retort of 'it's not meta..bla bla bla'.

@"alain.1659" said:I think you can go with whatever you want if your aim is mid gold. I play core DD celestial or mender ele and it is really good. But a friendly advice, try to remember the names of your enemies and teammates as you will need to remember their playstyle. Trying to heal a warrior that runs around like a maniac is never fun :)

There is no aim. It's just a good 'casual' (looks around in fear) spot to play. Some people are good. Some aren't. Still fun.Ill have to up my note game cause they are more like "this person is a 'sentence enhancer' :open_mouth:

@Tom.8029 said:I was in mid gold with my Dagger/Focus Tempest. I was water, Air, and Tempest. I had After Shock, Conjure Earth Shield, and Arcane Shield utilities with The Glyph as heal and Rebound as elite. For Water I was 231, Air 323 and Tempest 323. If I wanted more aura play for team, I would go 123 in air instead as the precision for 123 in Air is more selfish. I also had the sigil that steals a boon on interrupt (Absorptions) and that cleanses a condition (Cleansing) on weapon swap with Rune of Air and the Avatar Amulet.

The build doesn't have too much condi clear, so it doesn't do too well against enemies that apply a lot of different conditions, like Scourge. But this build focuses mostly on locking down opponents with either interrupts and immobilize. It's an absolute nightmare against enemies that use projectiles, don't have stunbreaks, or can't cleanse the immobilize . It's mostly a damage build, but still offers great support through auras, regen and condi clears, reflects, and Rebound for when someone might die.

The build also has 2 invulnerabilities for waiting out conditions or cooldowns. It does a ton of damage by overloading air and then switching to water. I regularly get both top damage and healing.

Earth Shield adds a little fun for pulling enemies into your aoes, off point, of down a ledge and gives a nice reflect, an invuln, and 2 interrupts for lightning rod with some barrier and a block. The build also heals on block, so that with Arcane Aura make for some nice heals.

Thanks for the build. That sounds great, if I was that good on eleI think your build will be the 2nd I try after I get decent and take the training wheels off.

Thanks Everyone/cheers

• 2 weeks later...

@"LolLookAtMyAP.8394" said:

@Gamble.4580 said:Staff tempest is good for gold

Vallun runs Staff INSTA-ZDJZBDJZNZ-REZ Geyzer support in Plat.Vallun is a plat if not tagged but legend player so yes anything he plays will be plat level. Gold level and plat level means where is it op/ strong. Staff ele is op gold as gold level will allow it to be played to a high effective level the same with reaper.They have a place in plat and high plat but it will come down to the player as staff ele is ez to kill and to many windows to kill it (unlike support fb) Ofc if u master it and know other builds u can take it anywhere. And val does not main staff ele nore is it a ele build he plays most when he plays he rp ele.But I am interested to see where it can land next season so I might main troll it as support and see if it can get high plat or be soo understood that he get hard counter out of plat. Just look at Rez all plat players already understand ele Rez is effective so they are Rdy for it and apart from the effective aoe cc and healing the Rez was what make it good. If they nurf just that to the water staff support will be bye bye.

@"CallousEye.5018" said:I was trying something pretty close to :

I found I was very fragile to power damage, is there any solution for this?

Staff ele support is played different to fb support.Fb u want to be in the fights toe to toe. Staff support is like a DE u are not noticed at the back out of rng as u are placements. U stand in no tele spots to lay down your support.Also as a ele support u are the peal. Fb will focus on the think fights on points you are the romer / anti romer support u are the guy like a rev / dh trying to be in every fight. It’s your job to support the side noder and you roam support never sitting steal. As a fb will be picky in where they are and will always want to be in the thinker fightsSupport ele never wants to sit still and be involved everywhere on the map. Pop far give your 1v1 a 5 sec attention full heal peal leave go mid for the 3v3 Rez heal place some cc leave go close make that 1v1 a quick 2v1 cc heal get them off node leave go where ever u can be effective not noticed but annoying. U may not get to stats but you should mostly be getting top healing and top Rez.