New 2v2 map but..

zealex.9410

Do really ppl go out of their way to make custom 2v2 matches and are they so many to warrant it? Like dont get me wrong i really like the idea of 2v2 (tho i think 3v3s would be much more interesting) but it just dead on arival for me if i cant q for it.

Can we get a q like we have a q for stronghold and just see how much ppl care about it? Who knows ppl might end up playing it more and we could see some more balance be done for it.

Ps: bring some 3v3 as well.

@zealex.9410 said:Do really ppl go out of their way to make custom 2v2 matches and are they so many to warrant it? Like dont get me wrong i really like the idea of 2v2 (tho i think 3v3s would be much more interesting) but it just dead on arival for me if i cant q for it.

Can we get a q like we have a q for stronghold and just see how much ppl care about it? Who knows ppl might end up playing it more and we could see some more balance be done for it.

Honestly, we just need more variety to the PvP game modes. Conquest is stale.

I agree adding these maps with no follow up is kind of pointless. We know they want to do 'special' tournaments every 3months or whatever but that seems terrible to me. I would prefer 2v2 daily ATs to come back permanently(4 a day just like conquest) and have the big 2v2 tourny with better rewards be either biweekly or monthly. I think it is unlikely they will ever add a 2v2 q to compete with conquest so the ats would be a good way to implement it. The game mode had alot of hype around it but doing 1 week of 2v2s into 1 large tourny then just forgetting it for several months after is very bad.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@zealex.9410 said:Do really ppl go out of their way to make custom 2v2 matches and are they so many to warrant it? Like dont get me wrong i really like the idea of 2v2 (tho i think 3v3s would be much more interesting) but it just dead on arival for me if i cant q for it.

Honestly, we just need more variety to the PvP game modes. Conquest is stale.

Agreed but this has no q and stronghold does... Idk.

@NotoriousNaru.1705 said:I agree adding these maps with no follow up is kind of pointless. We know they want to do 'special' tournaments every 3months or whatever but that seems terrible to me. I would prefer 2v2 daily ATs to come back permanently(4 a day just like conquest) and have the big 2v2 tourny with better rewards be either biweekly or monthly. I think it is unlikely they will ever add a 2v2 q to compete with conquest so the ats would be a good way to implement it. The game mode had alot of hype around it but doing 1 week of 2v2s into 1 large tourny then just forgetting it for several months after is very bad.

I doubt they'd do that because if it happens less often they have less of an excuse to balance around it. Of we had them daily ppl would for sure kitten about the balance.

Plus, i really dont see the negative with it competing with conquest, its a 7 yo mode and for alot its stale, is it good for the game if the ppl that are tired of conquest to quit because theres no alternatives?

@Xenon.4537 said:This would have been useful to add to the game 5-6 years ago when there was still a semblance of a pvp community and people like Grouch were still around to breathe life into it.

True but hey if a game like osrs can sorta explode in popularity a decade+ after its release and kitten minecraft is gaining popularity then i say better late than never.

I mean we saw it with wvw as well, when they announced alliances a bunch of the old guilds came back despite how late for many this update would cpme in the game's life circle.

@Blocki.4931 said:Wasn't the 2v2 event or tournament pretty popular and fun, generally well received? New maps for that in the future would be dope.

@Trigr.6481 said:2v2 que or bust.

Yup

There was more than enough good feedback to warrant 2v2 having its own que. That or at least get it into a frequent rotation for ATs. Unlike Stronghold & 5v5 Deathmatch, the 2v2 Deathmatch style actually worked, and it was a hell of a lot of fun. The only thing they need to do to ensure this mode works, is make sure the gates close and force teams into the map when the match starts, so FB/Necro styled duos can't camp the spawn room, and force something like Thief/Mesmer to have to enter closed quarters against them. That and fix the bug where players could manipulate matches by logging out/back in.

Shouldn't be a hard fix/implementation imo. Not sure why they're wasting time & player base just sitting on this game mode that literally every single person has voiced that they want several times over.