Strength of The Pack

Cyric.7813

We all know that the only useful elite for power ranger in pvp is SotP, but it s so Outdated imo:

1) Who need 10(!) stacks of stability? you can eat all cc-s of enemy team and you will still have some2) Any boon steal/corrupt and 66% of elite is gone, Stability is the first what dissapeared3) It is literally worst than Dolyak Stance: it gives stunbreak immun hard and soft cc 33% damage reduction and have lesser cd4) Look at warrior's rampage! you get pulsing stab, 50% damage reduction , 80% soft cc reduction, 5 skills hitting like a truck and 3 of them you should dodge or die5) Might generation isnt very reliable you can get 25 quickly or get nothing

Suggestion:

1) Make it lower cd and give lesser stacks or return pulsing stability2) Give a stunbreak or atleast remove cast3) Mb give might over time/instant might or constant attack modifier / quickness /resistance etc4) Something else

P.S. sry for my ingleesh

I like how they nerfed the pulsing stability and kept it for other BETTER elite transformations (Rampage, Lich Form, Tornado). What's the reasoning ?

All it really does is giving Boons. It's outdated.

I swear, all those recent nerfs to Druid (Staff 3 Evade) and Shouts (Shout to Command) is because an ANet dev got killed by a Shout Druid.

Yeah, the boon pulsing loss is unfortunate. Lost some good synergy with remorseless. It is definitely a little on the weak side for an elite. What's more is that, it's a little on the weak side and still arguably the best...

One wolf pack is still acceptable but since the nerf to duration definitely not as strong.

Spirit of Nature is unusable.Entangle is also unusable.Druid glyph elite is also unusable given druid has no stability for it/it's a 7s caste time.

@Krispera.5087 said:I like how they nerfed the pulsing stability and kept it for other BETTER elite transformations (Rampage, Lich Form, Tornado). What's the reasoning ?

All it really does is giving Boons. It's outdated.

I swear, all those recent nerfs to Druid (Staff 3 Evade) and Shouts (Shout to Command) is because an ANet dev got killed by a Shout Druid.

If I remember right, its a left over from just before the Boon strip meta of POF. A while back, pulsing a single stack of Stab was basically useless against CC spam; and made even worse due to the game using the top of the stack for both new applications and consumption on trigger. This meant that even tiny overlaps in pulsed stab had the potential to lose both stacks, as the newest (and longest lasting one in your stack) would be used first, and then older stack expiring normally shortly after. So pulsed stab effectively gains nothing from minor boon duration. Normally that wouldn't be as big an issue- except there was a not-so edge case in WvW where Revs could strip single stacks of stab with normal hits.

So in essence, pulsed stab was pretty useless against the kind of CC spam HOT especs were dishing out. So to compensate, some skills were converted to large stacks of Stab, so all the CCs would have to burn through them one by one get a hit in. Somewhere in this time line they also capped the number of stacks that could be removed per second, since WvW blobs were still burning through them like nothing.

With Boon strip being so common now (given POF boon strip was a direct response to HOT's Boon spam meta), the only way pulsed stab is going to work is to have it pulse at least 3 stacks every second. I believe one skill in the game does this, but it feels pretty marginal.

As for the reasoning? Its the Ranger Dev. He balanced core around PvP, while Druid was balanced around Raids; almost exclusively. I'm not sure if hes also doing the Soulbeast now, or if it was someone else for a while. But you'll notice everything hes involved with has very precise Combos, a love for consumable buffs, and has a distinct Dissonance, where you can tell the class is specifically crippled in way that prevents it from taking advantage of traits for broad strategies. Thats why Core Ranger has always been so frustrating. Because being broad costs you too much damage output, but focusing on damage costs you most of your traits and skills just to make one strategy worth gambling on. Only Thief has a similar amount of trouble with its buildcraft, but its baseline access to Stealth had largely made up for it all these years.