Is it possible to complete all HoT mastery without Raids and Adventure Gold?

@"Knighthonor.4061" said:Is it possible to complete all HoT mastery without Raids and Adventure Gold?

• Raid masteries forms its own category; unless you raid, you can safely ignore them.
  • Gold adventure isn't required to max HoT.

You could answer the question on your own by visiting the wiki, where you'd find

Counting LS3 & ignoring raids, there's a surplus of over 40 points (180:136).

I've done it. I unlocked the raid mastery because I've done a couple of raids, but only got 1 mastery point from doing them. And I've never gotten gold on an adventure because I'm rubbish at them, but I've got all the HoT masteries fully trained.

It took a while and did involve going out of my way to get some achievements I woudn't otherwise have done, but I just picked whatever seemed easiest or most interesting for me at the time, and as other people have said playing LS3 helps a lot because each episode gives more points than it needs.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:Is it possible to complete all HoT mastery without Raids and Adventure Gold?

Yes you can. I have never played Raids and i think i only managed to get to gold level on like 3-4 Adventures. I also miss some mastery points from story achievements and open world, and yet i was still able to max every single HoT mastery (except the Raid exclusive ones of course) without a problem. Hell, i even have 14 unspent mastery points that i can't use since i've already mastered everything and i'm not interested in raiding.So no worries, you will not have a problem.

@Danikat.8537 said:I've done it. I unlocked the raid mastery because I've done a couple of raids, but only got 1 mastery point from doing them. And I've never gotten gold on an adventure because I'm rubbish at them, but I've got all the HoT masteries fully trained.

It took a while and did involve going out of my way to get some achievements I woudn't otherwise have done, but I just picked whatever seemed easiest or most interesting for me at the time, and as other people have said playing LS3 helps a lot because each episode gives more points than it needs.

i cant find the LW3 story that has the mastery achievement. mine go from Hot act 1 through 4. dont know what to do. need over 20+ more points

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@"Danikat.8537" said:I've done it. I unlocked the raid mastery because I've done a couple of raids, but only got 1 mastery point from doing them. And I've never gotten gold on an adventure because I'm rubbish at them, but I've got all the HoT masteries fully trained.

i cant find the LW3 story that has the mastery achievement. mine go from Hot act 1 through 4. dont know what to do. need over 20+ more points

Any achievement category which can give you mastery points is marked with a star, coloured to match the type of mastery (orange for Core, green for HoT and purple for PoF). This is removed when you've got the mastery, so it always shows ones you can still earn.

SIyUgnW.jpg

In the above screenshot you can see this this account can't get any mastery points from Daily, Festival or Competitive achievement, but can get PoF, Core and HoT mastery points from the Story Journal achievements, Core points from General, PoF points from PoF achievements, Hot points from HoT achievements, Core points from Side Stories, both PoF and HoT points from raids and Core points from Fractals and Collections.

The LW3 achievements appear in the Story Journal category above HoT Acts 1-4 and aren't marked as HoT achievements, instead they match the name of the episodes: One Path Ends, Flashpoint, The Head of the Snake, A Crack in the Ice, Rising Flames & Out of the Shadows (story achievements are listed in reverse chronological order, so the newest ones are always on top). Any which can give you HoT mastery points will have the green star next to them, and there will be another star next to the specific achievement/s so you know which ones you do.

Although it can be done without, don't discount all Adventures just because they're Adventures. There are a few where reaching Gold is fairly easy by watching a video guide and basically copying it 1 to 1. I can strongly recommend AyinMaidens Guides and at least trying the following Adventures a few times:

• On Wings of Gold (very easy)
  • Sanctum Scramble (basically you muscle-memorize what Ayin does)
  • Drone Race (after you have Itzel Poison Lore!!)
  • Haywire Punch-o-Matic
  • The Ley-Line Run (same as Scramble, you muscle-memorize what Ayin does)
  • Salvage Pit
  • Tendril Torchers

Obviously, if it's cracking you up, don't do it. But give it a shot and you might have fun and in the end feel a sense of accomplishment. I know I did and I suck at this stuff. I will admit that I did some cracking up of my own at Sanctum Scramble and The Ley-Line Run, but finally getting Gold was wicked :)