Ranger Upcoming Balance Patch Notes

Anjo.3170

@"Anjo.3170" said:Ranger

In this update we've made some reductions to tone down the strength of some soulbeast PvP and WvW builds. While we believe the builds and playstyles have a solid place in the game and don't want to take them out of play, certain elements are a bit too far over the edge. The skill "Sic 'Em!" is providing a damage modifier that is significantly higher than any other single persistent bonus damage increase, so we're reducing the bonus to match other similar skills in a competitive setting. This reduction only occurs while merged with your pet. We're also reducing access to the unblockable effect provided by some skills and traits in order to create more opportunities for others.

• Long Range Shot: This skill now scales damage dynamically based on distance rather than using distance thresholds.
  • Point Blank Shot: This skill now scales knockback distance dynamically between a range of 100 and 600 based on distance from the target.
  • Barrage: Reduced recharge from 30 second to 20 seconds. Lowered cripple duration from 1.5 seconds to 1 second. Increased damage by 25%. Damage floaters for this skill now show total damage instead of damage per hit.
  • Sublime Conversion: This skill now grants 5 seconds of regeneration to allies who pass through the wall.
  • Ancestral Grace: This skill no longer evades attacks. Increased recharge from 18 seconds to 20 seconds. If at least 1 ally other than yourself is healed, the recharge is reduced by 5 seconds.
  • Call of the Wild: The unblockable boon provided by this skill now lasts for the next 3 attacks within 5 seconds instead of all attacks within the next 4 seconds.
  • Clarion Bond: The unblockable boon provided by this skill now lasts for the next 2 attacks within 5 seconds instead of all attacks within the next 3 seconds.
  • Frost Trap: Increased the number of pulses from 4 to 5. Decreased chill duration from 3 seconds to 2 seconds. Increased damage by 100% in PvE only. Fixed a bug that prevented this skill's ice field from lasting the full duration.
  • "Sic 'Em!": Reduced the bonus damage applied to a merged soulbeast from 40% to 25% in PvP and WvW only. Damage bonus for pets remains unchanged. Fixed a bug that caused this skill to not grant the listed movement-speed bonus.
  • One Wolf Pack: Fixed a bug that could cause the second strike from this skill to fail if the player jumps.
  • Verdant Etching: Fixed a bug that caused this trait to not function with Glyph of the Stars.
  • Light on Your Feet: This trait now also grants its damage bonus when dodging using Quick Shot.
  • Twice as Vicious: Increased the duration of the damage effect granted by this trait from 4 seconds to 10 seconds.
  • Second Skin: Reduced condition damage protection from 33% to 20% in PvP only.
  • Unstoppable Union: This trait no longer grants an unblockable boon. Instead, it removes movement-impairing conditions in addition to its previous effect of stunbreaking when activating beastmode.

I'm surprised that you people are doing anymore nerfing to your ranger class at all. this is by far the weakest most gimped archer class of any game i have ever played in the past fifteen years in any style game or type. you may want to look at your money lender NCSOFT in the platform of pvp and siege and how they have balanced all five of there archer classes. they hit good,move faster than most classes and have good evade. there not forced into melee like you do in your platform as they should not be. never seen an archer class who's main second weapon is a two handed broad sword. doesn't even make sense. dagger may be. even torch,axe. and in your platform they get out ranged by a magic class with a broad sword? like magic from a sword is gonna go 300 meters like an arrow will.and why your game says obstructed to a ranger class on a wall but yet mesmer and caster can eat a ranger up in no time flat? ever shoot from an elevated position? a window with a bow is obstructed yes.. but a roof or wall with a bow NO!May be your dead eye gun can out range but if you want to nerf something that makes sense in PvP/WvW siege then start thinking about magic casters that aoe over castle/fort walls and mesmer skills that allow summons to go up 15 meters to a castle or fort wall and kill players, or better yet a skill that a player is using from ground level that pulls a player on top of the 15 meter high wall to the edge of the wall and locks them down. what kind of crap is that? lobbing a rock,poison cow or arrow over a wall makes sense.. but magic or fighter skills don't go threw or above reinforce 15 meter high walls! That is something worth nerfing or getting rid of all together.

What needs to be clear is that your archer class should rule in siege warfare from a elevated position without question or complaint. on the ground they need to be glass cannon's but still out range everything beside a rifle. now if you want to place a norm with a barrel of bolders up ontop of the wall then yea they will both hurt.

Stop acting like the melee fighter class can throw it's sword and hit something far,sure something 5 meters away. not 1200 to a ranger 1500 or 1800.

A caster class can aoe,dot or direct attack remotely like nothings ever sceen but again not over or threw a wall! but if a warrior or thief get neer it. it will die fast. The ranger class should have to out range the other classes to stay alive but be equal to remote attacks of a mage

Your thief classes should rape anything in light armor like your casters but then reduce damage alittle to med armor and reduce damage alot to heavy armor.

Warrior classes should rule melee there born and bread for it. but your caster should be able to dot or nerf the melee class for a few but still die to the melee.

your not gonna make everyone including me happy. but you archer class sucks! your mesmer is over powered by it's speed boost,remote summons range to attack up a damn wall and two handed primary skill range needs a 400 nerf. your dagger class again should chew threw mages have to work for med armor and almost always parish to melee heavy armor warriors.your casters should not be damaging stuff it cant see or threw or up a wall. want to balance out or make your ranger usable? give it second best range to that of a rifle and make it faster with some natural evade and in WvW a total pain in the ass to deal with. that will be a correct balance or nerf. thank you for your time.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing about an ANET RANGER that survives! from a ranger in a game to a movie character now eh?But i will direct attention to the fact that if a ranger is at one with nature and a weapon master,btw wheres it's gun skills? then why is it so easy to kill them or for them to die in pve,pvp,wvw? they should be the awesome for solo pve,pvp,wvw. a survivalist would not be an easy thing to track or kill.it would hold it's own. it would be an excellent tracker and stalker,nimble fast reacting. well it's not the fastest by far. its not nimble like the thief. it does have traps. but it gets out ranged by magic and three seconds of stealth. to me that is weak. and this is based on anet saying they are going to yet weaken it even more than it already is. well that's my complaint.

@Rokynn.8671 said:There is nothing about an ANET RANGER that survives! from a ranger in a game to a movie character now eh?But i will direct attention to the fact that if a ranger is at one with nature and a weapon master,btw wheres it's gun skills? then why is it so easy to kill them or for them to die in pve,pvp,wvw? they should be the awesome for solo pve,pvp,wvw. a survivalist would not be an easy thing to track or kill.it would hold it's own. it would be an excellent tracker and stalker,nimble fast reacting. well it's not the fastest by far. its not nimble like the thief. it does have traps. but it gets out ranged by magic and three seconds of stealth. to me that is weak. and this is based on anet saying they are going to yet weaken it even more than it already is. well that's my complaint.

Well as far as you describe it it is a L2P issue because ranger is really good in PvP and WvW (roaming) and also in a nice spot in PvE.I have no struggle to survive. It just depends on how you build it. Even if you run full glass you can solo champs easily.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@Rokynn.8671 said:There is nothing about an ANET RANGER that survives! from a ranger in a game to a movie character now eh?But i will direct attention to the fact that if a ranger is at one with nature and a weapon master,btw wheres it's gun skills? then why is it so easy to kill them or for them to die in pve,pvp,wvw? they should be the awesome for solo pve,pvp,wvw. a survivalist would not be an easy thing to track or kill.it would hold it's own. it would be an excellent tracker and stalker,nimble fast reacting. well it's not the fastest by far. its not nimble like the thief. it does have traps. but it gets out ranged by magic and three seconds of stealth. to me that is weak. and this is based on anet saying they are going to yet weaken it even more than it already is. well that's my complaint.

Well as far as you describe it it is a L2P issue because ranger is really good in PvP and WvW (roaming) and also in a nice spot in PvE.I have no struggle to survive. It just depends on how you build it. Even if you run full glass you can solo champs easily.

Maybe im wrong in the longbow build. i just feel it needs to be faster than everything besides a thief and out range a magic class for sure. if i tank build it then sure it lives and takes all day to bring stuff down. feel free to show me a build that has good damage and lives. maybe you have used something im not thinking of. and if it truly is a L2P issue that you think it is show me what im doing wrong when i play one. Oh btw tell me what home server these over powered rangers are on. i been on 5 different servers thus far and have yet to meet a ranger i cant solo.