Holo with rifle has 21k damage in 3 hits

MarkBecks.6453

@Suraci.1642 said:Yeah I have no idea why my medium base health and light armor class got smacked 9k (unprecedented) by a holo that is on full zerk with 25 might stacks plus SM fight( people in a zerg tend to share insane might, fury and other base dmg, precision buffs: Assassin's Presence, Empower Allies, Spotter) so definitely that holo exploited. I have 500 IQ so dont even question it, every class in gw2 is broken guys, please just strip everything down to the very basic fist fight where who could score the first strike would win the fight also remove dodge, I should do balance and class design dev cuz I obviously knew everything about this game and that holo exploited 100%.It becomes somewhat more confusing when you realize that Steam Vent is a skill for a downed ele underwater.

We players need to make a rule of post screen since anet ignores this kinda of damage, the low effort builds are real that’s for sure.

Screen must have Console damage report wich sometimes don’t report high skill damage I’ll put my thin hat foil but I believe anet behind it... armor stats and if possible conditions and buffs.

@"Noell.1369" said:Really? Because at 3.2k Armor and 21k HP I get two shotted from Revenant's "Drop the Hammer" that usually hits for 11.5k and "Phase Smash" / "Coalescence of Ruin" for 11.2k. Same high damage numbers from Warriors, Rangers, Elementalist AoE for 8.2k -11k, which is stupid. So yes, a lot of professions in WvWvW two shot players. I'm actually shocked to even hear this from Engineers, but I play Flamethrower, so those numbers don't work well since condition damage is complete trash. Is it stupid damage, duh. Will they nerf Power, and Ferocity? No.

I wish Rev's hit that hard against armor that high. That type of armor peaks a 2-3K hit at max. Usually "Drop the Hammer" is met with immune 99.9% of the time because Stab is out of control. Phase smash doesn't even seem to connect half the time yet when it's dropped directly on a group. CoR though, that one is nasty. It should do more though than just damage. Because boon application far outweighs boon corrupt, would be nice if Corrupted at least 2 boons to every player it hit; at least it'd bring boons more in line.

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:

@"Noell.1369" said:Really? Because at 3.2k Armor and 21k HP I get two shotted from Revenant's "Drop the Hammer" that usually hits for 11.5k and "Phase Smash" / "Coalescence of Ruin" for 11.2k. Same high damage numbers from Warriors, Rangers, Elementalist AoE for 8.2k -11k, which is stupid. So yes, a lot of professions in WvWvW two shot players. I'm actually shocked to even hear this from Engineers, but I play Flamethrower, so those numbers don't work well since condition damage is complete trash. Is it stupid damage, duh. Will they nerf Power, and Ferocity? No.

I wish Rev's hit that hard against armor that high. That type of armor peaks a 2-3K hit at max. Usually "Drop the Hammer" is met with immune 99.9% of the time because Stab is out of control. Phase smash doesn't even seem to connect half the time yet when it's dropped directly on a group. CoR though, that one is nasty. It should do more though than just damage. Because boon application far outweighs boon corrupt, would be nice if Corrupted at least 2 boons to every player it hit; at least it'd bring boons more in line.

For the boon removal we have Deamon.

@Aeolus.3615 said:We players need to make a rule of post screen since anet ignores this kinda of damage, the low effort builds are real.Yeah the low effort builds are definetly real.

I was just scolded by a power rev for playing a low effort condi scrapper, when we managed to kill him once out of the ~10 fights. No seriously, he clearly knew how to play rev and was very good at it, with insane damage (50-75% hp lost in a single burst) he could take out 2 us with relative ease. Yet he just had to whisper when like 3 randomly lucky stacks of poison finally managed to down him as they lingered at 10% hp while he was running away (cleansed everything else constantly but I guess he was out of cds for that). That one single time he lost against us (and one of us was already dead). Whispers about iq levels on cheesy builds and so on.

So rest assured, even builds that are capable of killing other builds 1 out of 10 times are truly low effort.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:We players need to make a rule of post screen since anet ignores this kinda of damage, the low effort builds are real.Yeah the low effort builds are definetly real.

I was just
scolded
by a power rev for playing a low effort condi scrapper, when we managed to kill him
once
out of the ~10 fights. No seriously, he clearly knew how to play rev and was very good at it, with insane damage (50-75% hp lost in a single burst) he could take out 2 us with relative ease. Yet he just
had
to whisper when like 3 randomly lucky stacks of poison
finally
managed to down him as they lingered at 10% hp while he was running away (cleansed everything else constantly but I guess he was out of cds for that). That
one single time
he lost against us (and one of us was already dead). Whispers about iq levels on cheesy builds and so on.

So rest assured, even builds that are capable of killing other builds 1 out of 10 times are truly low effort.

I actually have won 1 vs 5 with renegade/mallyx condi rev, must admit don’t even know how I won... I can achieve 40stacks of mace rev condi wich I even forgot it’s name.... rev damage is gimmick that can be beaten with a gimmicks that carries more.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

I was just scolded by a power rev for playing a low effort condi scrapper, when we managed to kill him once out of the ~10 fights. ............That one single time he lost against us (and one of us was already dead). Whispers about iq levels on cheesy builds and so on.

I am sure you played one of those noobish low-effort 20-Skill-builds with hidden CD on kits, danger to waste the only stability/block and low burst potential.

That bothers you? I mean. It bothers me, too. You have no indicator, that something dangerous is about to happen and BANG, you're dead.But that also happens in combination with AoEs and here the situation is even worse: Sometimes I can walk lazily about in a field of red circles. Everything is fine. At other times I touch them and I die instantly. And in both cases I saw a ton of boons on my character. Sometimes they are suddenly gone, without any warning, sometimes they are there to the last moment yet they did not help. Maybe I simply did not have enough boons. I can't tell how many AoEs are stacked where I try to walk. Maybe the amount of players with me in that same AoE was more important. I have no idea.

I have no idea! - you know you've run into a design issue, when you cannot tell how dangerous something is. Players should never run into the issue of "something killed me, but I don't know what".

With hits from Coalescence of Ruin, Phase Smash or other things like that, it's at least a single hit, lasting only a moment. There are meaningful ways to defend yourself against that. (Or there would be - if you only could see it coming somehow). With AoEs you can't step into a whole area. But not going there isn't an option: You need to put pressure on the enemy zerg at some point. And it shouldn't be a gamble, of when you can or when you can't.

IMO the game does a really bad job at communicating exactly how dangerous a situation really is, at least when it comes to the mass battles of WvW.

@"nthmetal.9652" said:

That bothers you? I mean. It bothers me, too. You have no indicator, that something dangerous is about to happen and BANG, you're dead.

Usually in roaming you have that indication. Or at least you can assume for every class that their big-hitters do a loot of damage and prepare accordingly.

Generally:The Speed of a 1:1 fight is (among other factors) determined by both Players offensive and defensive stats, so you can take in defensive stats to slow down the fight on your end. When I am tired from a Long day of working, I Play my engi with 3400 toughness, a good junk of HP and defensive Runes/Food/skills. That reduces the damage recieved from 15k to 8-9k. leaving me alive with 60+% HP and time to recover/counterattack while the enemy blew a big part of his spike.Compared to full marauder builds with offensive traits/runes that 15k would just blow them down to kinda 28% HP, and almost no reserves for any Actions.Drawback is that if the enemy also has a lot of defensive stats it results in a draw^^

IMO the game does a really bad job at communicating exactly how dangerous a situation really is, at least when it comes to the mass battles of WvW.

That is less an issue on damage of single skill but more an issue of "AoE hits 5 Targets". In Zergfights there is a Chance that enemy AoE is just hitting the 5 ppl around you, while in other situations you get to eat the full spike dmg. Even if you cut some skills damage down to 2/3 it will be the same.

Yeah, the context is important again. Of course in roaming, where animations are less likely to get culled, and you can actually see what is going on, on a single-person-level, this works quite okay. In zerg fights it doesn't work at all.

That is less an issue on damage of single skill but more an issue of "AoE hits 5 Targets". In Zergfights there is a Chance that enemy AoE is just hitting the 5 ppl around you, while in other situations you get to eat the full spike dmg. Even if you cut some skills damage down to 2/3 it will be the same.

You are fully correct! That is part of the design turning the whole push into a giant gamble and I have not even considered this desigm element fully yet. That is surely one of the reasons why sometimes the effects are catastrophic and in other situations under pretty much similiar circumstances I feel nothing. Thank you for that bit of insight.