Here is how to Gold the Boss Blitz

As with all world bosses and last years event:

• they begin scaling at 5-10 players (meaning they are scaled for 5 players minimum). The sweet spot is around 10 - 15 players per boss and mostly because the scaling beyond that means that inefficient players (those 1-3k dps afk people) will make the boss life scale up more than they contribute and cc bars scale as well
  • try to kill bosses at similar times. It was quite common to do a damage stop around 10-15% last year, then burst all bosses down at the same time. Bursting your boss down asap puts more pressure on other groups with additional mechanics and costs dps
  • waiting in the middle or simply not going near another boss not scaling it up is usually the best, unless you know you can do high dps

No, the effort is not worth it. It wasn't worth it last year and it's not worth it this year. There is also no achievement associated with achieveing gold.

@"Cyninja.2954" said:No, the effort is not worth it. It wasn't worth it last year and it's not worth it this year. There is also no achievement associated with achieveing gold.Minor correction: the time spent obtaining Gold level is financially less rewarding than other coordinated events available in the game. That's not quite the same as "not worth it."

In particular, as I mentioned above, I had great fun being part of an "everyone is welcome" team that succeeded repeatedly, without worrying about any details other than splitting up and holding @10%. That was a better use of my time than doing the same ol/same ol, even though I earned less coin. (Of course, I wouldn't want to do that for more than a few nights.)

@Sobx.1758 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:No, the effort is not worth it. It wasn't worth it last year and it's not worth it this year. There is also no achievement associated with achieveing gold.

But there is an achievement associated with completing BB and going for gold just takes less time.

The effort to organize gold runs only to save some time for an achievement which you will have completed multiple times over within the 3 week period this event runs is hardly worth it.

I have that achievement done and I was not even trying last year.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:No, the effort is not worth it. It wasn't worth it last year and it's not worth it this year. There is also no achievement associated with achieveing gold.Minor correction: the time spent obtaining Gold level is financially less rewarding than other coordinated events available in the game. That's not quite the same as "not worth it."

In particular, as I mentioned above, I had great fun being part of an "everyone is welcome" team that succeeded repeatedly, without worrying about any details other than splitting up and holding @10%. That was a better use of my time than doing the same ol/same ol, even though I earned less coin. (Of course, I wouldn't want to do that for more than a few nights.)

Sure, I agree it is good fun especially when everyone works together. But since many people value their play time only based on the rewards they get, I figured I would spare them the headache or sorrow over getting past bronze. For anyone who wants to run organaized maps: absolutely do it.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:No, the effort is not worth it. It wasn't worth it last year and it's not worth it this year. There is also no achievement associated with achieveing gold.

But there is an achievement associated with completing BB and going for gold just takes less time.

The effort to organize gold runs only to save some time for an achievement which you will have completed multiple times over within the 3 week period this event runs is hardly worth it.

"Effort"? You just make a lfg squad, tell people what to do during BB preperations and you're set to go. There's no any overwhelming effort involved in doing gold runs. And if by any chance people don't follow the instructions, you lost literally nothing and kill the bosses like you otherwise would. As I said, I literally learned about the gold runs without actively looking into it by joining a random BB squad, let's stop pretending it takes any effort.So... I disagree.

• Confused 1

It all depends on the bosses. Unfortunately the hardest bosses, like the Flame Legion get less players than the jokes like Centaur and Pirate. The abilities of other bosses DO add a lot of difficulty based on the boss. The roaming centaurs that push you around can really mess up the fight with Sparcus. I have one suggestion for getting gold:Kill Sparcus first, and soon after Pyroxis, those are the by far hardest bosses.All of the others are a joke that can be killed by 3 or 4 people easily.

@Sobx.1758 said:

"Effort"? You just make a lfg squad, tell people what to do during BB preperations and you're set to go. There's no any overwhelming effort involved in doing gold runs. And if by any chance people don't follow the instructions, you lost literally nothing and kill the bosses like you otherwise would. As I said, I literally learned about the gold runs without actively looking into it by joining a random BB squad, let's stop pretending it takes any effort.So... I disagree.

Sure, so you get to have your achievement a bit faster than others (who did not complete it last year and those who will get it over the course of the 3 weeks). Doesn't change the fact that neither getting gold is required, nor is it less effort than killing 1 boss and afking in the center for example.

My statement was: there is no achievement associated with getting gold. Last I checked, that remains to be true.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

Sure, so you get to have your achievement a bit faster than others (who did not complete it last year and those who will get it over the course of the 3 weeks). Doesn't change the fact that neither getting gold is required, nor is it less effort than killing 1 boss and afking in the center for example.

I don't know why you've added "than others" to what I said. It's not about "the others" at all. I also never said it's required for anything. In fact, I already wrote in the post you've just answered to:"And if by any chance people don't follow the instructions, you lost literally nothing and kill the bosses like you otherwise would."

My statement was: there is no achievement associated with getting gold. Last I checked, that remains to be true.

Yeah, yeah, yeah -you also wrote "The effort to organize gold runs (...) is hardly worth it" and it seems to be pretty clear I was commenting on that "effort" part. Just check again how I started that post and see what it exactly says in the rest of it, not sure what's not clear in my answer?

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

I don't know why you've added "than others" to what I said. It's not about "the others" at all. I also never said it's required for anything. In fact, I already wrote in the post you've just answered to:"
And if by any chance people don't follow the instructions, you lost literally nothing and kill the bosses like you otherwise would.
"

Yeah, yeah, yeah -you also wrote "The effort to organize gold runs (...) is hardly worth it" and it seems to be pretty clear I was commenting on that "effort" part. Just check again how I started that post and see what it exactly says in the rest of it, not sure what's not clear in my answer?

Maybe re-read what I wrote before that. I already made a referance that the achievement is easily completed over the course of 3 weeks without getting gold. I did not add anything.

I stand by what I said, organizing people and investing effort into this meta is not worth it both reward wise, in terms of necessity (you get the achievement done in time anyway nor is there a unique achievement associated with getting gold) nor in terms of effort to even type 1 word.

But feel free to play how you want, I really do not care. My only mistake was getting caught up in your argument that getting the achievement faster was of any value.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

I don't know why you've added "than others" to what I said. It's not about "the others" at all. I also never said it's required for anything. In fact, I already wrote in the post you've just answered to:"
And if by any chance people don't follow the instructions, you lost literally nothing and kill the bosses like you otherwise would.
"

Maybe re-read what I wrote before that. I already made a referance that the achievement is easily completed over the course of 3 weeks without getting gold. I did not add anything.

It's irrelevant if you do it over the 3 weeks or within a day, how does it change anything?

I stand by what I said, organizing people and investing effort into this meta is not worth it both reward wise, in terms of necessity (you get the achievement done in time anyway nor is there a unique achievement associated with getting gold) nor in terms of effort to even type 1 word.

I stand by what I said, writing a sentence in a map chat or not hitting a boss when it's low hp isn't an "effort" by any means. If someone's "doing it anyways", it might as well be done faster and with better rewards, because there's no reason not to. I'd even go ahead and say it takes less effort than chasing around 6 terribly scaled bosses one by one in a clueless zerg.

But feel free to play how you want, I really do not care. My only mistake was getting caught up in your argument that getting the achievement faster was of any value.

Oof, thanks for letting me play like I want, I was worried for a moment. Likewise, my only mistake was getting caught up in your argument that writing a sentence in a map chat is "an effort" :D

• Confused 1

I noticed with a bit of coordination silver usually is safe - if not someone is panicking when gold times out starting to kill (with other following and then zergint at remainimg boss). 6 comms is good - just need the tag, no real commanding skill. So people are spreading. Then always reporting and someone that is good at writing + fightting at the same time to remind that after finishing their boss players should wait middle.

Seen a few golds today and some silver if gold failed. Rarely bronze. (Only if people panick.)

Haven't really tried all the bosses. But Hablion seems with most annoying skill (maybe killing him late if possible). Sparcus seems hardest cause he walks around lowering dps a bit if you don't constantly stay near him in range. Also lava for fire damage. Experienced players + dps needed there. Kuraii avoids a bit by walking around. Dps there as well.

Others seemed fine so far. Most of the time Sparcus was slowest.

But yeah ... was fun on my map where I was with coordinated players. Could barely put in 1 or 2 gauntlet fights in between while waiting for nex Blitz (lots of people must have donated). And even though I'm more of a noob I stayed with sparcus and brought my tons of CC Even core engineer playing without expansions is fine here - with rifle, battering ram, mine and supply crate ... almost do solo break the CC bar in a few seconds if boss is not upscaled. Invulnerability elixir for emergency and AED gadged for healing (walking in lava to trigger it if no one is damaging me).

Managed my 5 gambit and the squeashy/frailty one which I had trouble (and I thought about trying with other chars/classes but did not want to leave since for Blitz it wa a good map so I did id on engineer ... built tweaking and barely managed it ... was fun). Not Turai Ossa and the special achievement (8 orbs) for Liadri left. Then all about farming an dailies (for favors and tokens).

Still tons of time in this event left. I guess I'll takt it a bit more slowly now. But seriously: When there is a "good map" it feels fun to do the Blitz

Only the map chat blocking if you post repeatetly similar messages (while posting status) could be removed from this map.

Support builds carry quite hard. Having boons on 1-2 decent dps players is more than enough.Quickness, healing fb, alacrity renegade or a boon chrono can make the bosses so much easier. Had this once on sparcus and nobody even needed to dodge. Got gold with minutes left. Boons and a healer just turn them into a joke.

@Nephalem.8921 said:Support builds carry quite hard. Having boons on 1-2 decent dps players is more than enough.Quickness, healing fb, alacrity renegade or a boon chrono can make the bosses so much easier. Had this once on sparcus and nobody even needed to dodge. Got gold with minutes left. Boons and a healer just turn them into a joke.

Pretty much in every game mode there is in GW2 :)