A patch in review <July 2019>

saerni.2584

@saerni.2584 said:I’d say if you use Smoke Screen you can make Leeching Venoms work. If you don’t then Spider Venom is probably a better utility choice for the slot.

Shadow Refuge is nice but the cooldown isn’t as good and you are better off using combos on Smoke Screen to enhance your stealth duration.

But it should pulse initially upon entering stealth. That wouldn’t be too op but would make it more usable.

Leeching is useless IMO. You do no damage staying in stealth. You'd do better if you simply take Deadly Ambition.

In my hybrid build, I take Deadly Ambition, Revealed Training, Potent Poison from DA and Flickering Shadow from SA. This gives my attacks poison while I deal more damage and take less damage while Revealed. I only use stealth so I can have Revealed on, which is more productive overall.

This build free up a trait slot and a utility slot since I don't need Leeching or Spider. For the same cooldown, 1k Needles is way better than Spider Venom -- better poison duration and the CC ensures that they will take the full dose of the Prep.

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:

@saerni.2584 said:I’d say if you use Smoke Screen you can make Leeching Venoms work. If you don’t then Spider Venom is probably a better utility choice for the slot.

Shadow Refuge is nice but the cooldown isn’t as good and you are better off using combos on Smoke Screen to enhance your stealth duration.

But it should pulse initially upon entering stealth. That wouldn’t be too op but would make it more usable.

Leeching is useless IMO. You do no damage staying in stealth. You'd do better if you simply take Deadly Ambition.

In my hybrid build, I take Deadly Ambition, Revealed Training, Potent Poison from DA and Flickering Shadow from SA. This gives my attacks poison while I deal more damage and take less damage while Revealed. I only use stealth so I can have Revealed on, which is more productive overall.

This build free up a trait slot and a utility slot since I don't need Leeching or Spider. For the same cooldown, 1k Needles is way better than Spider Venom -- better poison duration and the CC ensures that they will take the full dose of the Prep.

If Leeching Venoms gave a single stack ON stealth it would be much better and have great synergy with Hidden Thief without being broken, in my opinion.

I really like the Prep's, but all but portal are extremely situational to me. I'm sure in more static/predictable environments like PvP or PvE they're better, but in WvW I seem to waste as many as I actually hit just because the enemy(ies) have so many movement options.

@Tinnel.4369 said:

If Leeching Venoms gave a single stack ON stealth it would be much better and have great synergy with Hidden Thief without being broken, in my opinion.

I really like the Prep's, but all but portal are extremely situational to me. I'm sure in more static/predictable environments like PvP or PvE they're better, but in WvW I seem to waste as many as I actually hit just because the enemy(ies) have so many movement options.

Scorpion Wire ;)

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:

Scorpion Wire ;)

Indeed, there's a lot of competition for utility slots these days though!