ArenaNet Please Give Us Camera Setting Presets, Templates, or Save Slots

As any WvW/PvP player would know, the widest field of view with furthest highest camera gives you an edge in combat, providing better situational awareness and better ground targeting. However, in PvE such camera setting just totally breaks immersion and trivializes the epic landscape. In order to experience the game at its best, it is inevitable for players to change for different game modes between different camera settings, which involves multiple options and scales to be adjusted.

And here goes my request: would the developers kindly consider to add camera templates (similar to the idea of build templates) to the setting panel to make the transition a much easier and faster work for us?

Cheers!

Edit/PSPlease check out the following Reddit post for reference.

'After playing for many years with a high field of view, I think I have forgotten the size of the objects'https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/clbhvb/after_playing_for_many_years_with_a_high_field_of/

@Vavume.8065 said:Just give me an option to not have the camera auto zoom in and out at boss encounters, so annoying.

yeah, it's pretty annoying, i.e. at Tequatl fights, while fighting Tequatl you can zoom out more, then and you go to the battery area it auto zooms in, and need to constantly zoom back out, same thing when you run back to Teq for the burn phase, and just repeats every phase cycle

@Virtuality.8351 said:

@Virtuality.8351 said:However, in PvE such camera setting just totally breaks immersion and trivializes the epic landscape.I couldn't disagree more with that statement.

Care to elaborate further?Frankly, a person's natural, real life peripheral vision is greater than 180 degrees, without moving the head or eyes. Whereas games, like gw2, give you at best a tunnel vision effect when zoomed in that is noticeably unnatural.

To me a zoomed out view provides a perception experience that is closer to real life. The only time that isn't true for me, is when the view is obstructed by objects. And then the game camera goes into garbage mode.

Your personal preference of zooming in for immersion is the opposite of immersive for me and it would be fair to say that it isn't immersive for other people as well.

Make visual obstructions between the character and the camera transparent. And stop screwing with the camera zoom.

@EmmetOtter.8542 said:

@Virtuality.8351 said:However, in PvE such camera setting just totally breaks immersion and trivializes the epic landscape.I couldn't disagree more with that statement.

Care to elaborate further?Frankly, a person's natural, real life peripheral vision is greater than 180 degrees, without moving the head or eyes. Whereas games, like gw2, give you at best a tunnel vision effect when zoomed in that is noticeably unnatural.

To me a zoomed out view provides a perception experience that is closer to real life. The only time that isn't true for me, is when the view is obstructed by objects. And then the game camera goes into garbage mode.

Your personal preference of zooming in for immersion is the opposite of immersive for me and it would be fair to say that it isn't immersive for other people as well.

Make visual obstructions between the character and the camera transparent. And stop screwing with the camera zoom.

It is neat to take human natural field of view into account. Though I'd like to differ between field of view and zoom distance. While increased zoom distance do increase how much you can see around you, it does not directly increase your field of view, which is measured in angular degree.

In addition to that, the camera setting in my original post you commented on also included a third factor: vertical camera position. ([T]he widest field of view with furthest highest camera.) And with a zoomed out camera set at the highest position, which again is the setting of a great lot of WvW players, creates a bird's-eye view that is far from our daily experience of seeing.

Also, both the distance between your eye and the monitor, and the difference between first personal camera and third personal camera, would also affect on how "natural" a certain field of view feels.