Stat swapping, non-legendary gear (New concept)

@Opopanax.1803 said:

@crepuscular.9047 said:no offense, but all these suggestions masked with 'QoL improvement' will be really bad for the in-game economy in the long run

if people stops crafting the mass amount of exotics/ascended gears because they have easily obtainable free stats swappable gears, it will cause a massive overflow of excess materials, resulting in hyper deflation, which is something we already seen with the ecto market whenever a new LW map comes out since there isn't a lot of things to make that will require vast amount of ectos

I think this is a valid point about the economy.

What do you think about them as stat swappable level 80 rares? It would not affect the exotic economy, if anything it would help it.

if the reason is wanting to try out new builds, then perhaps the suggestion is 'make a similar system in PvP available in PvE', maybe in the guild hall's arena area so more people can use the gh?

i dont think the item being rare or exotic will matter, as long as it is free to stat swap without a massive upfront cost will have an affect the economy

L80 rare gears can be easily obtained via TP or crafted @ around 30s each, some even cheaper, which you may get your money's worth back if you are lucky to salvage more than an ectos back

rather carrying all the different gears on toons, my most of my ascended gears are kept in bank, and call the banker when needed

@crepuscular.9047 said:

@crepuscular.9047 said:no offense, but all these suggestions masked with 'QoL improvement' will be really bad for the in-game economy in the long run

if people stops crafting the mass amount of exotics/ascended gears because they have easily obtainable free stats swappable gears, it will cause a massive overflow of excess materials, resulting in hyper deflation, which is something we already seen with the ecto market whenever a new LW map comes out since there isn't a lot of things to make that will require vast amount of ectos

What do you think about them as stat swappable level 80 rares? It would not affect the exotic economy, if anything it would help it.

if the reason is wanting to try out new builds, then perhaps the suggestion is 'make a similar system in PvP available in PvE', maybe in the guild hall's arena area so more people can use the gh?

i dont think the item being rare or exotic will matter, as long as it is free to stat swap without a massive upfront cost will have an affect the economy

L80 rare gears can be easily obtained via TP or crafted @ around 30s each, some even cheaper, which you may get your money's worth back if you are lucky to salvage more than an ectos back

rather carrying all the different gears on toons, my most of my ascended gears are kept in bank, and call the banker when needed

Unfortunately you can't get full sets of 4 stat gear from hot or pof on the trading post. This is another problem. Maybe fixing this would help. Bind on equip 4 stat gear on the tp...would like that very much.

@Opopanax.1803 said:

Unfortunately you can't get full sets of 4 stat gear from hot or pof on the trading post. This is another problem. Maybe fixing this would help. Bind on equip 4 stat gear on the tp...would like that very much.

go to VB and pick up some Bladed Armor pieces, with the stats selection change the devs made 3 months ago, Bladed Armor now have full access to all stats as long as you have expansion

i had so many full sets of them before the change that i salvaged them, now they are actually worth while to keep :angry:

****__> @crepuscular.9047 said:

go to VB and pick up some Bladed Armor pieces, with the stats selection change the devs made 3 months ago, Bladed Armor now have full access to all stats as long as you have expansion

i had so many full sets of them before the change that i salvaged them, now they are actually worth while to keep :angry:

Good info! Had no idea on that change. That is something, anyway.

@Opopanax.1803 said:****__> @crepuscular.9047 said:

Good info! Had no idea on that change. That is something, anyway.

Or get armor boxes from reward tracks. All stats are selectable.