Anniversary Sale: Starting with a whimper?

@"Josiah.2967" said:Anyone else feeling incredibly let down by the anniversary sale? I bought hundreds of dollars worth of gems in anticipation for the sale, and have bought almost nothing. I hope it ends with a bang because it started with a whimper.

(1) The sale hasn't been in place even a week; there's over three more left to go.(2) You could have guessed that ANet would, as they have ever previous year, held off most of the stuff you want until the end.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gem_Store/Anniversary_Sales

You could just buy the gems as needed. As there doesn't seem to be a sale on gems and the real money : gem ration is always the same even for bigger packs. (If you buy with real money instead of trading gold.)

I'm also waiting for char slots, maybe HoT and the living world season 2. Not interested in skins. But someone mentioned that they wanted to get out the skins first - to get people to convert gold to gems while the exchange ratio here is still better. In the end making it more expansive to exchaneg gold for gems by the point they really release the important stuff. (= stuff that is not a skin)

This is actually a marketing tactic. Some players will still buy these 'less exciting' items and the gold to gems ratio will creep up and people will use up gems they have saved, then when the most exciting "must have" items are released players are more likely to exchange gold at the higher rate or buy additional gems with real money to get them. Whereas if they did it the other way around more people would only buy the stuff they really want and skip the other stuff.

They do it every year for the anniversary sale, and quite often with the spring sale as well.

@"Ayakaru.6583" said:I already missed some sales, anet made no effort to announce they were doing this

They did their usual gem store announcement, and included a schedule for the first week of the sale and a summary of what's coming later, it's still on the front page of the main website: https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/hit-the-festival-of-the-four-winds-in-style/

It was also on Facebook and Twitter and may have been on the launcher too, but I never look at that. (And of course the items were listed on the Promotions tab of the gem store when they were available.)

@Danikat.8537 said:

@"Ayakaru.6583" said:I already missed some sales, anet made no effort to announce they were doing this

They did their usual gem store announcement, and included a schedule for the first week of the sale and a summary of what's coming later, it's still on the front page of the main website:

It was also on Facebook and Twitter and may have been on the launcher too, but I never look at that. (And of course the items were listed on the Promotions tab of the gem store when they were available.)

oh, it was hidden at the bottom of another topic.. no wonderwhelp