What Class do you like fighting Against, the most?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"LolLookAtMyAP.8394" said:I only really don't like fighting Mirages, thanks to Mirage Cloak. No matter how many nerfs it gets, Mirage will be a pain in the butt.

so you answered the poll, by doing the opposite of what was asked

@"Knighthonor.4061" said:Which of the Guild Wars 2 classes do you enjoy fighting against the most in structure PVP?

^^ "the most" not the "least"

@Whitworth.7259 said:Playing as thief, that glob is so nice. Also not being a potato and blowing cds on clones

When playing as a thief, I find that fighting other thieves is the most fun to be had in this game.Doesn't happen a whole lot as thieves tend to ignore each other, choosing to try and outrotate the other thief, but when it happens it's just the best.There remains a tactical aspect to it of timing your skills, that has mostly vanished from the rest of the game.

@"praqtos.9035" said:What the point of that thread? Its depends on your main class and preferable matchup, its not like there is any class is "fun" to fight

depends, I play mirage, yet i find getting fucked over by thiefs more enjoyable then fucking over reapers. some of us just like a good fight

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"praqtos.9035" said:What the point of that thread? Its depends on your main class and preferable matchup, its not like there is any class is "fun" to fight

depends, I play mirage, yet i find getting kitten over by thiefs more enjoyable then kitten over reapers. some of us just like a good fightFind a good thief and this "fun" will turn into frustration, I'm definitely not having fun fighting any class even if I supposed to hardcounter it

I like fighting everything, as long as that class has specific weaknesses I can lay into and cant just lock me down without any kind of retaliation avenue.More often that not, that falls on thief. Its really satisfying to predict when they are coming out of stealth for a DJ or stowing your weapons only to block a backstab, or killing them while stealthed because they did something predictable like standing in the dead center of shadow refuge.

Its fun to fight everything but condi mirage at the moment, but V. thief matches have a special place in my heart. Necros are a close second, followed by warriors, power mesmers, and engineers. I think I'm less enthused about rangers, revs, and eles, but If they're good I still like fighting them.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:And within this poll lies the secret statistics of why certain classes get to stay top meta with no complaint, and why others are repeatedly nerfed into the ground as soon they even touch meta status.

Thank you for this, I mean it.

Astute observation, probably?Youll have to elaborate on what your conclusion is.

Things that are fun to fight against:

• clear animations with at least ~0.5s cast time
  • skills with obvious counterplay - move out of the aoe, block the big incoming hammer swing, etc.
  • predictable movement - no shadowsteps or teleports. This allows strategic defensive positioning

Warrior is probably the best at all of these.

Then I'd probably say Ranger, Engineer, Necromancer, Revenant, Ele, Guard are usually fun to fight but some builds have unfun elements.

Then Mesmer/Thief which are rarely fun to fight. Both use a lot of stealth, teleports, and skills that are instant or too fast to react to.