Does anet want us to quit the game for 2-3 weeks till next season?

Hex.8714

Is that literally what the devs want? And some players might potentially never come back after playing something else for that perioid. Theres literally nothing to do and no reason to play unraked since theres no rewards and its just getting farmed by 5 man premades or fighting bronze players since theres no matchmaking. Contrary to overwatch the season restarts like 2 hours after it ends, why in gw2 you have to wait almost 1 month?

I just dont get the reasoning behind it from a business standpoint why would you want your customers to leave your product and potentially never come back because of such a long wait, it makes no sense. Why not just restart the season immediately after the previous one has ended?

@Hex.8714 said:Is that literally what the devs want? And some players might potentially never come back after playing something else for that perioid. Theres literally nothing to do and no reason to play unraked since theres no rewards and its just getting farmed by 5 man premades or fighting bronze players since theres no matchmaking. Contrary to overwatch the season restarts like 2 hours after it ends, why in gw2 you have to wait almost 1 month?

I just dont get the reasoning behind it from a business standpoint why would you want your customers to leave your product and potentially never come back because of such a long wait, it makes no sense. Why not just restart the season immediately after the previous one has ended?

Can't say originally but at some point the idea behind the length of the off season was to be an adjustment period for balance patches. The patches were supposed to go live during the off season, and then you had the chance of adjusting your build if it got affected, or to try to learn a new role/build if your bored of the old one/your previous build got deleted. Also it's a chance to try out things you wouldn't want to try in ranked without needing to worry about decay or rating loss, etc.

It also gives you a chance to do something other than PvP if you have limited playtime(like myself). It's an MMO, and you aren't supposed to pigeonhole yourself into just playing 1/3(?)rd of it but all of it. There's a cool festival going with challenging PvE solo fights. Go do that maybe?

@Blocki.4931 said:There is more to the game than just PvP, so people who want to do other things now have some time to do that. Also, you know, maybe some people just like having a break before it goes back to being sweaty.

So you re telling me that when the season is active you re locked out of pve/wvw and forced to do only spvp? I dont understand that logic. Why is there not a pve/raid season where players cannot join open world pve/ raids / wvw and have to wait 2 weeks. Why do they have to lock pvp players out of content for 2 weeks but not other game modes.

i kinda like it

I often get matched against top 100 ppl, thing that never happens during season since i bounce between plat 1 and gold 3

It's also a good time to learn a new class to fill those gaps where your main doesnt have good match ups, or even try out builds that are constantly beating you on a 1v1, learn their cooldoows and animations

i dont mind chill out for a month, but i do think they need to do the match up like the way rank does...... at time get paired up with absolutely bad players, other times the opposing side get crushed

the other day i carried my entire team with a healer, still got the most dmg and kills ¯\(ツ)/¯ they tried to 4v1 to kill me, still survived; i'm just a lower gold in ranked

I think the gap should be max a week.

Because Anet does not drop balance until mid season, I think a one day break is enough.

Let's just get the ranked oven cooking.

You take away my sole means of making any decent gold/income for 2 weeks with this pace.

Tag for bags isn't my thing...I'd rather t-bag bads.

@Hex.8714 said:Is that literally what the devs want? And some players might potentially never come back after playing something else for that perioid. Theres literally nothing to do and no reason to play unraked since theres no rewards and its just getting farmed by 5 man premades or fighting bronze players since theres no matchmaking. Contrary to overwatch the season restarts like 2 hours after it ends, why in gw2 you have to wait almost 1 month?

Dude we have always such a break between season because in that time the big balance patch comes and will tested. So get ready to update and test you built.

@Azzizz.2518 said:I m going to spend some time in wvw

Thats what I used to do till they introduced Warkitty.. Now if I wvw I find myself at enemy spawns unmounted looking at 2 mounted players 300 range from me waiting for me to use my CDs before dismounting..If I dont use any skills and not even move, eventually they ride off.

booooooooooring....

@Lord of the Fire.6870 said:

Dude we have always such a break between season because in that time the big balance patch comes and will tested. So get ready to update and test you built.

Balance patches land mid season mostly.

@Hex.8714 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:There is more to the game than just PvP, so people who want to do other things now have some time to do that. Also, you know, maybe some people just like having a break before it goes back to being sweaty.

Why do they have to lock pvp players out of content for 2 weeks but not other game modes.

Actually raiders are locked for a year :P

@Xar.6279 said:

@Hex.8714 said:

Why do they have to lock pvp players out of content for 2 weeks but not other game modes.

7 wings in 4 years doesn't equate into a year per wing. It's a bit under 7 months.But I do appreciate the sentiment.

@Xar.6279 said:

@Hex.8714 said:

theres a difference between not being able to play and not getting updates. Spvp hasent gotten updated in 7 years since release so yeah. Unless you count the addition of the new maps but still no new game modes.