One-hit dismount without knockdown penalty

Tao.5096

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Nickv.8031 said:@"Whiteout.1975" Well said man.

Been on both sides of this. A great example of people trying to do the thing they want and not having to cater to the other person.

That is not what open map PvP zones are for, look at any other game with a big open map, other MMO's, BR's, survival games. Implementing mechanics that allow for infinite stalemate if one side wants it is not good design for a PvP game.

Then it sounds like you need to move over to those other games. WvW doesn't need the gankers soley dictating who and when engagement occurs.

Why do we need a trashual ktrain mode? How is that a good PvP game? What is wrong with smallscale fighting in open PvP games?Because it attracts a volume of players that pays the bills. The other does not.

Frankly, I think it's high time Anet start charging different rates for different aspects of the game, depending on the fraction of the populations that play them. Yes, that means low-attendance game modes starting paying regularly. If you want to demand your PVP a certain way to ensure the population caps at some level, it should cost something. ONLY then can we start talking about freeing up game modes in a way that don't depend on returns on investment.

Consumers just care about a quality product, which this isn't atm.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Anput.4620 said:

Been on both sides of this. A great example of people trying to do the thing they want and not having to cater to the other person.

That is not what open map PvP zones are for, look at any other game with a big open map, other MMO's, BR's, survival games. Implementing mechanics that allow for infinite stalemate if one side wants it is not good design for a PvP game.

Then it sounds like you need to move over to those other games. WvW doesn't need the gankers soley dictating who and when engagement occurs.

Why do we need a trashual ktrain mode? How is that a good PvP game? What is wrong with smallscale fighting in open PvP games?Because it attracts a volume of players that pays the bills. The other does not.

Frankly, I think it's high time Anet start charging different rates for different aspects of the game, depending on the fraction of the populations that play them. Yes, that means low-attendance game modes starting paying regularly. If you want to demand your PVP a certain way to ensure the population caps at some level, it should cost something. ONLY then can we start talking about freeing up game modes in a way that don't depend on returns on investment.

This statement really doesn't make sense ... but you already know that. Do you really think making these negative, generalizing statements has some real impact on how Anet develops WvW? How people interact with you on the forum? That's definitely a special way of thinking if you do.

It doesn't change what I said anyways. Anet is just aligning game modes to provide there core market with more options. If that means you get kicked to the curb, it's a good sign you aren't the targeted market in the first place.

@Obtena.7952 said:This statement really doesn't make sense ... but you already know that. Do you really think making these negative, generalizing statements has some real impact on how Anet develops WvW? How people interact with you on the forum? That's definitely a special way of thinking if you do.

It doesn't change what I said anyways. Anet is just aligning game modes to provide there core market with more options. If that means you get kicked to the curb, it's a good sign you aren't the targeted market in the first place.

What options do you speak about?80% of the entire game is pure PvE.10% is WvW which was a cluster-F with variety of play scenarios where build diversity was at the very peak. Even if many scenarios were unfair and lead to waypoint, it still was fun.Another 10% was PvP which had it's ups and downs, but it had quite a nice diversity until first expansion hit the rail.

And what now?80% of the game is still pure PvEWvW is going to be aligned with PvE because of what? Because EotM has been rekt and is empty? Instead of fixing it and making it again a WvW paradise for PvErs and those who wish to level up and earn a coin, then take the fun from old players who did WvW for years and yet were and are customers who spend cash in Gem Store, just so PvErs can have fun and no QQ on the forums about balance and other shizz?That way PvP has been butchered.We had a wide range of build diversity for each class. Now go meta or grind the floor with your teeth.

It's common sense that if you wish to align a product or feature, then you consult it first with customers who actively use/pay for that product/feature.Then you consult it with the potential customers and align it so current customers are pleased and new customers will obtain what they are looking for.

Obviously, you cannot make it happen that 100% of the current and potential customers will be happy.But the decline is showing how certain features make a negative impact on the entire product.In this case, WvW is in decline due to implementing features that cater for new and temporary customers and cripple current customers.

Of course, I personally am against implementing every wish that is spoken by customers - since many ideas are just purely stupid.But there are few that are quite nice, they are not much of a work to implement, and they were never even taken to the table.But again, other things that were never asked, never needed, implemented, thrown in the face.And what then? Adapt?Yes, people adapt the way that they quit.Population of WvW has decreased heavily in the past years and the spike of decline was due to many changes to WvW that were annoying instead of helping.

@Tao.5096 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:This statement really doesn't make sense ... but you already know that. Do you really think making these negative, generalizing statements has some real impact on how Anet develops WvW? How people interact with you on the forum? That's definitely a special way of thinking if you do.

What options do you speak about?

The option to use a mount in WvW. As for the rest of your post ... I'm not responding to such anger-fueled. There isn't a point unless I wanted to get another response with more of the same.

@"Obtena.7952" said:The option to use a mount in WvW. As for the rest of your post ... I'm not responding to such anger-fueled. There isn't a point unless I wanted to get another response with more of the same.

Well, I did notice that once you have no argument then you shoot your "anger-fueled" snowflake thingie.Welp...some people sure are easy to make teh tears drop.

@Tao.5096 said:

@"Obtena.7952" said:The option to use a mount in WvW. As for the rest of your post ... I'm not responding to such anger-fueled. There isn't a point unless I wanted to get another response with more of the same.

Well, I did notice that once you have no argument then you shoot your "anger-fueled" snowflake thingie.Welp...some people sure are easy to make teh tears drop.

I wasn't making an argument though ... I was simply giving the poster clarification on why his line of thinking about how WvW works is constantly wrong. The only person making the argument here is you.

But hey, if you want to have a discussion and put your angry tone away, I'm all for that to.

@Obtena.7952 said:

This statement really doesn't make sense ... but you already know that. Do you really think making these negative, generalizing statements has some real impact on how Anet develops WvW? How people interact with you on the forum? That's definitely a special way of thinking if you do.

Yeah they sell trashual content, but that doesn't make a better game, all esports are competitive hardcore games that aren't forgiving like this, i am talking about objective game design, i tell you a steak is better than a bad burger from mcdonalds, but you tell me mcdonalds sells, that doesn't mean the steak isn't better.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:lol ranger might actually finally be useful... for demounting ppl.

Well they just nuked that for no reason.

@Anput.4620 said:

Yeah they sell trashual content, but that doesn't make a better game, all esports are competitive hardcore games that aren't forgiving like this, i am talking about objective game design, i tell you a steak is better than a bad burger from mcdonalds, but you tell me mcdonalds sells, that doesn't mean the steak isn't better.

You have this obsession with what you want being better. Maybe if the game was customized to what you wanted, that would be relevant. People like different things ... and Anet is serving the market they are targeting. It's not about what you think is better, who you think Anet should accommodate or what your opinion of the current content is. All of the things you continue to base your argument on are irrelevant.