Make A No Mount Week Event

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No! No mounts - slow dawdling over the maps until you finally reach an objective (which, by the way, fall way faster than they did just a few months back), if you get seperated, you'll get ganked to death with not much of a chance to do something against it.

If you want to do have a no mounts week, additional adjustments need to be made to compensate for the lack of mounts, and I don't think the ends would justify the necessary effort.

People have forgotten how to play so fast after the crutchclaw - imagine how much more simplified and dumbed down the next crutch will be, maybe we'll get companions/followers/pawns that will fight for us or give us buffs and auto clear condi's for us. If a week without warclaw is enough to scare people, then I don't have high hopes that people will ever improve. They want things provided outside of what's available in their builds. Maybe one day the realisation will come after things become too simple but by then people have become bored and it will be too late. I'd say let's hope it doesn't come to that, but it's already happening.

Wow, so much BS in such a little post. Wooow.

What the Warclaw adds in terms of comfort has little to do with things you can compensate for in skills. Either your profession has movement related options available at a spammable rate, or you will be considerably slower without one. Either your build provides a meaningful defense against gankers, or it doesn't. And on top of that: Yes, you can defend against somewhat okay gankers, if you're a good player, even on a non-anti-ganking build, but defending alone against a group of gankers calls for the right build AND really good play, and even then you're probably out of luck if your opponents know what they are doing.

No, what happens is, that you promote elitism and drive away people, who are not willing to conform to those ideals. One week would probably not make much of a difference, but as a general design guideline it only means you'll lose players fast. And then you'll be left with a truly dead game mode. Not a dead game mode, where 50-man-zergs can roll over you on several maps.

@kiritsugu emeya.3962 said:nothing to say really, just miss the old days where we didnt have mounts, wvw feels so weird now :(

YES! No mounts week ! And after this, repeat it several times per year. Let's say .... 52 times per year?

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:There is always EoTM where there are no mounts and no gliding.

And no players. And a lower value tick for reward tracks. And no skirmish reward track. And .... NO. Thank you.I want to ask you something: If Anet will introduce mounts and gliding in EoTM and keeps the actual reward status and in the same time Anet will remove the mounts from WvW, will you play EoTM exclusively?

@Cristalyan.5728 said:I want to ask you something: If Anet will introduce mounts and gliding in EoTM and keeps the actual reward status and in the same time Anet will remove the mounts from WvW, will you play EoTM exclusively?

Pointless question, since I enjoy playing WvW the way it is. I enjoyed playing it before the warclaw and I enjoy playing it after the warclaw. Some WvW players adapt, others don't.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Cristalyan.5728 said:I want to ask you something: If Anet will introduce mounts and gliding in EoTM and keeps the actual reward status and in the same time Anet will remove the mounts from WvW, will you play EoTM exclusively?

Pointless question, since I enjoy playing WvW the way it is. I enjoyed playing it before the warclaw and I enjoy playing it after the warclaw. Some WvW players adapt, others don't.

Like the ones who can’t adapt to the Perma Stealth Thieves with portal hiding in keeps?

@nthmetal.9652 said:No! No mounts - slow dawdling over the maps until you finally reach an objective (which, by the way, fall way faster than they did just a few months back), if you get seperated, you'll get ganked to death with not much of a chance to do something against it.

If you want to do have a no mounts week, additional adjustments need to be made to compensate for the lack of mounts, and I don't think the ends would justify the necessary effort.

What changes? That zerglings should get a impenetrable barrier and perma swiftness to insure that in a open world pvp game mode that they dont get engaged in any combat until they reach their destination? Thus totally negating all other playstyles as well as lowering the actual game modes deversity to point that its literally a shallow one dimensional clown fiesta zerg only mode. Sounds about right, no wonder wvw is so desolate other than peak hrs these days lol it's not just the devs that are killing thos type of game mode but the players as well with their my chosen gameplay is the only legit one etc.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:[...] it's not just the devs that are killing thos type of game mode but the players as well with their my chosen gameplay is the only legit one etc.

Indeed. You were talking about yourself, right?

I have seen ganking squads pull me off my mount (and subsequently kill me); of course they need some organization. Chances are I can actually escape them, if they are all on one spot. But I've witnessed them be more intelligent than that.Of course, there are some players apparently unwilling to adapt ...

Or wait, are you telling me: If I am without mount I need to team up with other players to be safe? Why is that somehow more acceptable, than gankers and roamers teaming up in a party of 3 or 4 to stop that person on their mount?

No, sorry, I don't see why your point should be more valid than mine.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Like the ones who can’t adapt to the Perma Stealth Thieves with portal hiding in keeps?

Or hit a dodge key twice when a ranger uses longbow 2.

@nthmetal.9652 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:[...] it's not just the devs that are killing thos type of game mode but the players as well with their my chosen gameplay is the only legit one etc.

Indeed. You were talking about yourself, right?

I have seen ganking squads pull me off my mount (and subsequently kill me); of course they need some organization. Chances are I can actually escape them, if they are all on one spot. But I've witnessed them be more intelligent than that.Of course, there are some players apparently unwilling to adapt ...

Or wait, are you telling me: If I am without mount I need to team up with other players to be safe? Why is that somehow more acceptable, than gankers and roamers teaming up in a party of 3 or 4 to stop that person on their mount?

No, sorry, I don't see why your point should be more valid than mine.

Talking about myself? Lmao what? I'm talking about having all playstyles in wvw being viable as diversity of playstyles and methods of engagements and the risks associated with those are what make a mode like wvw exciting, fun and endlessly re playable. I would also not want anything added to the game mode that hinder or delete any facet of the zergers playstyle as their enjoyment and preferred is just as important to the health of the game mode as it all adds the needed diversity. Before u say roamers hinder zergers en route to their destination that is not the same just as zerger builds and classes are far more efficient in their purpose as aposed to roamers who are usually useless in zerg fights and get rolled over easily. The fact u think that someone complaining that warclaw ruined a playstyle thus lowering diversity translates to the roamer viewing that playstyle as the only viable one just proves my point on zerging superiority complex mentality.

@SoV.5139 said:

Or hit a dodge key twice when a ranger uses longbow 2.

NOW you’re asking a lot. ?

I'd like to see an experimental week where certain hard CCs (push, pull, knockdown, knock back) immediately take people off the mount with the respective effect intact; it would be as if one aimed for the rider. Maybe include a 1 second afterimage of the warclaw continuing on without the rider.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Talking about myself? Lmao what? I'm talking about having all playstyles in wvw being viable as diversity of playstyles and methods of engagements and the risks associated with those are what make a mode like wvw exciting, fun and endlessly re playable. I would also not want anything added to the game mode that hinder or delete any facet of the zergers playstyle as their enjoyment and preferred is just as important to the health of the game mode as it all adds the needed diversity. Before u say roamers hinder zergers en route to their destination that is not the same just as zerger builds and classes are far more efficient in their purpose as aposed to roamers who are usually useless in zerg fights and get rolled over easily. The fact u think that someone complaining that warclaw ruined a playstyle thus lowering diversity translates to the roamer viewing that playstyle as the only viable one just proves my point on zerging superiority complex mentality.

Hoenstly, that makes no sense to me at all. Maybe you should try a game mode, that is not so much centered around the idea of large-scale battles if you can't make your roaming build work with the presence of mounts.Yes, I am of that opinion. WvW is centered around the idea of large-scale fights. That doesn't mean that there should be no roamers, but it's IMO not the main focus of that game mode. Now, if only there was a game mode centered around the idea of small-scale battles ...

And no, I can't make my zerg build work against roamers. I have to gear differently, I have to switch around traits and stuff. I have to learn a completely different playstyle, and obviously I won't be doing good at that. And when I reach the zerg I somehow have to switch all that stuff back. So yes, I am happy mounts are here, I would not be happy with even an event, where they'd not be available. Because less people force their playstyle on me. I can zerg when I want to zerg and don't have to deal with roamers - unless they are organized. But as that is apparently a lot to ask of roamers, (but it is somehow not too much to ask of zergers in your mindset), I don't have to deal with them. Not because it doesn't work, but rather because it's apparently too much effort.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Thus totally negating all other playstyles as well as lowering the actual game modes deversity to point that its literally a shallow one dimensional clown fiesta zerg only mode. Sounds about right, no wonder wvw is so desolate other than peak hrs these days lol it's not just the devs that are killing thos type of game mode but the players as well with their my chosen gameplay is the only legit one etc.

Except it doesn't negate it. There are players who roam, today. The Warclaw has made roaming harder, as I'm told, but it hasn't made it completely impossible because I see players doing it every single time I log in. The same reality existed before the Warclaw was introduced; it wasn't impossible for zerg players to return to tag without getting ganked, it was just harder.

In T1 I face off against roamers almost as often as I do mega blobs. A handful of players from both sides ride at each other, dismount, and fight. Completely the opposite of the tear stained posts you see around here so often.

I fully understand how low skilled roamers are upset, as before they were easily able to pick off full glass zerg players then dart away, but the skilled roamers out there seem to make it work. Guess they adapted.

@"DeadlySynz.3471" said:So in other words, "ganker's week".

Sure we can add no mount week; but the week should also come with no thieves, mesmers, or ranger's week.

Because yeah, you’ve never been ganked by a FA ele, or a scourge or a burn guard or a spell breaker.... etc

While we are at it, during that same no mounts weekend, since you seem to be convinced that the only people that want it are gankers, we’ll also add damage penalties to any player within 2000 units of another friendly player. Because I’d hate to see the Zergs be able to run over solo’s either.