Beat ranger heal?

Psycoprophet.8107

Support Pet F3. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spiritual_Reprieve

Ranger heals were solid until the "Universal Heal nerf", which basically shifted 50% of the healing skill's previous baseline to be contingent on Healing power. Ever since then, Ranger healing skill became more utility focused due to their highly conditional designs. But the main reason Heal as One is common in most builds is due to its short cool down. Bear stance gives you cheap condition management if you're not using Wilderness Survival.

The general problem is likely that you're trying to use healing overly reactive, when most of Ranger's design revolves around control pressure. You're more or less intended to create an opening via your CCs or your Pet, while its the Wilderness skills are supposed to get you out of trouble. You'll also notice all Ranger weapons have some kind of defense action, which you're supposed to use to avoid danger.. But all the core ones are built on a PvP mindset, and meant to have sub-second/predictive reaction times. This makes Ranger defenses kind of hard to understand, since classes other then Mesmer and Ranger simply recover after a big hit; where as these 2 are intended to operate on sustain and avoidance.

But even with all that said, its stupidly hard to tell because of how Ranger is designed with its ultra specific counters/defenses scattered across its weapons and utilities. Thats why you see them go heavy into offensive combos, because the defenses are hit and miss if the target survives.

You should get in the habit of healing behind line of sight, trying to body block with your pet if possible, pet swapping for quickness before healing to lower the cast time, or use stability to cover the heal.

We heal as one oneBear stanceTroll ungüent

These are all viable heals.Personally, I use we heal as one most inefficiently because I use it for boon sharing more than healing which can be a problem, but it's definitely a strong choice, especially if you take the time to figure out how to use it properly/most efficiently as a heal and gaining boons.

Troll is definitely the most forgiving heal for ranger. You can cast it early in a fight and since it heals over time you get the healing while taking damage and then have it on like a 12's cd after its done to use it again. This skill heals the most and is highly recommended.

Bear stance is the least amount of healing and longer cd but can be used very effectively if used wisely.

Bear Stance vs heavy condi.

Troll Unguent vs anything else.

Point is not to get chunked as a ranger, or if yu do get chunked, use anything in yur arsenal to back out and recover.

Ranger also has alot of ranged pressure to kite people and have their ridiculous GS3 Evade Swoop and 1200 range pet Yeet to disengage in a pinch.

@Yasai.3549 said:Bear Stance vs heavy condi.

Point is not to get chunked as a ranger, or if yu do get chunked, use anything in yur arsenal to back out and recover.

Ranger also has alot of ranged pressure to kite people and have their ridiculous GS3 Evade Swoop and 1200 range pet Yeet to disengage in a pinch.

Very new Ranger player here - curious about the 1200 range pet Yeet.

I've been playing some sPvP lately and find that when I get jumped on I often don't have the time to get the entire cast time off and need to dodge in the middle of it. I've been avoiding We Heal As One because of the longer cast time. I'm too used to Guardian's Litany and Warrior's Signet so decent cast time heals are new to me.

@Arklite.4013 said:

@Yasai.3549 said:Bear Stance vs heavy condi.

Very new Ranger player here - curious about the 1200 range pet Yeet.

I've been playing some sPvP lately and find that when I get jumped on I often don't have the time to get the entire cast time off and need to dodge in the middle of it. I've been avoiding We Heal As One because of the longer cast time. I'm too used to Guardian's Litany and Warrior's Signet so decent cast time heals are new to me.

Same! Heal as one is pretty useless for me as I end up canceling it and putting it on a short cooldown most times by interrupting its cast time by either dodging or by useing another skill afterwards before the heal as one cast time has finished. Preemptively useing urgent heal is prob best option though the heal over time is out paced easily by dps in most instances.

I've been playing with these numbers today. Per the wiki, troll unguent is 88 + Level^2 * 0.119 = 6797 total heal over 8s without healing power. We heal as one is 6520 all at once, and copies boons, and has a recharge of 20 v 25 for TU. Other than 1s vs .75s cast time, we heal as one is strictly better from what I've seen. Even if the numbers on the wiki are off, a general rule is that a heal all at once is better than a heal over time, so the HoT needs to be substantially more per second to make up for it.

The one that ticks condition removal. If you're playing soulbeast there's only one answer. It's literally a godsend for a profession with mediocre answers to removing conditions. (Heck, Ranger is one of maybe two professions where its more worth it to stack condition mitigation rather than removal.)Use one of your many other tools for additional healing, if Bear Stance doesn't do enough on its own.

For core Ranger, it depends on how you trait and if you're building for boon swapping. Generally I go for TU but WHaO has its place.

~ Kovu

@Kovu.7560 said:(Heck, Ranger is one of maybe two professions where its more worth it to stack condition mitigation rather than removal.)Hah as somone who dont play it but only fight rangers I can attest to that. Last time I met a true boonbeast my condi damage that normally kill zerkers with no cleanse in like 3-5 seconds literally did so little damage he just passivly healed through it. I dont even know what that is, like 80% mitigation or something lol.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Kovu.7560 said:(Heck, Ranger is one of maybe two professions where its more worth it to stack condition
mitigation
rather than removal.)Hah as somone who dont play it but only fight rangers I can attest to that. Last time I met a true boonbeast my condi damage that normally kill zerkers with no cleanse in like 3-5 seconds literally did so little damage he just passivly healed through it. I dont even know what that is, like 80% mitigation or something lol.

Yeah and that sort of fight is never fun for anyone. Either they outheal your conditions and you feel like their sustain mechanics are too strong, or your conditions outdamage their sustain build and they feel your conditions are overtuned. Nobody feels good about that kind of fight -- its actually part of the reason I stick to glass ranger (glass anything, really). Yeah I die more, but to me it just feels more fun to play.

~ Kovu

edit- Which actually makes my pick of Bear Stance all the more relevant as a heal for me. If I'm not building for condition mitigation and regeneration, removing those conditions is all the more important. A survival traited regeneration build might get more out of TU, even on soulbeast. There's no one-size-fits-all here.

You want to heal, you Go druid, with swap healing sigils on weapons, while running Monk Runes. And use Staff. Then again...most commanders would probably laugh at this ...because you'll survive all get out. Your team in todays current meta will die horribly, unless they were running permaboons, and the enemy wasn't running a single boon strip team what so ever.