guild rankings wvw

Sovereign.1093

imo. id like to get credit for the commanding i do thru my guild in our server. so, i do hope anet develops a system where we are recognized. (outside of team alliance).

rankings within the server x link x other servers x tiers would be nice.

since wvw is 24/7 and 7 days a week spanning 2 months a link, guilds should be recognized.

stroke our egos anet. in the least beside being the top server, we can now work on having a decent guild ranking.

we already have a system in place. the guild missions. those who can do the most get the most points.

i.e. sentry, camp, tower, keep, castle capture. defense. yaks killed defended. players killed. least death. upgrades etc.

im sure even pve players would learn this mode, and join the frey. queus will be back and eotm will be alive again.

tldr. guild rankings (true to its name: guild wars 2)

Hard to find a metric anyone would take seriously.

Most captured? That's just the guild that hits doors the hardest.

Least deaths? The Guild that runs away the fastest.

IMO it should be strictly counted in terms of most fall damage.

I mean, if Guild Hall Arenas would actually use WvW rules that might be a thing, but hey.... "what competitive scene?" they asked.

@"ArchonWing.9480" said:Hard to find a metric anyone would take seriously.

I mean, if Guild Hall Arenas would actually use WvW rules that might be a thing, but hey.... "what competitive scene?" they asked.

not really looking for gvg scene here. setting is still wvw and status quo remains. the suggestion is simply put a ranking system that involves the current way of things.

gvgs or inhouse fights can be established by players themselves.

the examples i used are those from guild mission. anet of course can decide for themselves.

@Ni In.6578 said:

@Ni In.6578 said:Yep, we do this already since ANet can't/won't. See

I think he was looking for something objective but I could be wrong

It clearly is objective.

Of course. I didn’t say it wasn’t. I said he was looking for something objective.

Are you suggesting it’s not objective?

@Djamonja.6453 said:

It clearly is objective.

It isn't, and half the guilds on the list don't even exist anymore.

over half the guilds that existed at the beginning of link don't exist anymore either. but we still reminisce about their wvw prowess

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@"ArchonWing.9480" said:Hard to find a metric anyone would take seriously.

not really looking for gvg scene here. setting is still wvw and status quo remains. the suggestion is simply put a ranking system that involves the current way of things.

the examples i used are those from guild mission. anet of course can decide for themselves.

Yea but which of these involve something other than hitting doors and blobbing? (Well guess camps don't have doors) Can we even think of any?

I really hate to say it, but GvG has been the only thing resembling something competitive and Anet kinda created a platform with the Guild Hall. If they would come back from designing outfits for like 12 seconds they could easily expand on what we have already. Maybe actually reward guilds for spending literally thousands of gold on all this nonsense?

There's also a third party site, http://wvw-community.com/ , where people track their kills and also note their guild so that can kind of help. You can order by guilds too. If you want Anet to have something similar, then don't hold your breath.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:would be cool I think, but we would have guilds with 1000-1 kdr cuz they got together and killed each others alts for 20 hours in a corner somewhere. would make scouting a lot more interesting and rewarding.

well there will always be people who plan to game the system, but not everyone does it, and for those who don't game the system, it's a worthy choice to do.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

@ArchonWing.9480 said:Hard to find a metric anyone would take seriously.

Yea but which of these involve something other than hitting doors and blobbing? (Well guess camps don't have doors) Can we even think of any?

I really hate to say it, but GvG has been the only thing resembling something competitive and Anet kinda created a platform with the Guild Hall. If they would come back from designing outfits for like 12 seconds they could easily expand on what we have already. Maybe actually reward guilds for spending literally thousands of gold on all this nonsense?

There's also a third party site,
, where people track their kills and also note their guild so that can kind of help. You can order by guilds too. If you want Anet to have something similar, then don't hold your breath.

well that's another issue all together. what matters here is the wvw game mode and the guilds there in within the concept of wvw. i mean guilds register as a team for pvp and that's good - recognition. 3rd party sites, don't matter for me. to some it will; so i give it to them. gvg etc., i live that to the gvg people. and in a way - pvp already has that covered but not in the context of 15 v 15 or 20 v 20. it would be nice if anet decides to think outside of the box and have gvg official, cause 5v5 is too limited and probably 2-3 different kinds of combinations would work unlike a gvg of 15 - 20.

i want official recognition for us guilds. not in pvp but in wvw. you can register your guild for x, and then it starts. those that don't qualify well, they don't get into the rankings.

There's also a third party site, http://wvw-community.com/ , where people track their kills and also note their guild so that can kind of help. You can order by guilds too. If you want Anet to have something similar, then don't hold your breath.

WvW is the most competitive game mode in gw2. Guilds rise and fall within months. Other's take their ball from the court and advocate for different game modes or rulesets to advocate their inferiority.

Something official would be actually nice... But that may come with the alliance promise? Maybe.

Yeah unofficial 'ranking' tend to be bias towards a particular timezone (had for one to be online 24/7 on 4 different tiers all at once objectively giving a ranking.

And how do you compare zerg guilds to the gvg/fight guilds and those little 5 man party guilds?

But tbh, as long as you giving it the "good ol collage try" and having fun with your guildies (and if you are lucky enough to have a server with a good community aswell, fun with them also) while collecting those bags... All that really matters

@Djamonja.6453 said:

It clearly is objective.

And 50% 60% 70% of those guilds are run by toxic and selfish commanders. Yes, the number keeps increasing because of the spread of 'meta only' cancer. If we have an official listing, the amount of salt and toxicity will reach unimaginable levels.

@Mil.3562 said:

It clearly is objective.

And
50%
60%
70% of those guilds are run by toxic and selfish commanders. Yes, the number keeps increasing because of the spread of 'meta only' cancer. If we have an official listing, the amount of salt and toxicity will reach unimaginable levels.

you cant be too toxic in the official forum though. but people if toxic in other forms, will probably be toxic anyway. :/

@Mil.3562 said:

It clearly is objective.

And
50%
60%
70% of those guilds are run by toxic and selfish commanders. Yes, the number keeps increasing because of the spread of 'meta only' cancer. If we have an official listing, the amount of salt and toxicity will reach unimaginable levels.

would you happen to be a fan of britney spears by chance?

@"Mil.3562" said:And 50% 60% 70% of those guilds are run by toxic and selfish commanders. Yes, the number keeps increasing because of the spread of 'meta only' cancer. If we have an official listing, the amount of salt and toxicity will reach unimaginable levels.What makes them selfish? That they don't play the content they created to your whims?Also, the reason we have a rampant spread of "meta only" nonsense is that guilds are dying. Guilds generally were the groups that made meta shift and played quality off-meta to show other players that there were options. The rampant spread of meta mainly comes from how the mode is delving down to 1 commander trying to lead 49 mic-less, witless leeches. If someone has to do everything by themselves with no help they tend to revert to the most effective simple options. That's what meta is.

As far as the thread at large goes, I'd say we already have the preferrable way to measure guilds up - that is the tournaments. Having more of a leaderboard risks sucking fun out of it by adding in unecessary attrition and/or endless lawless bickering. I remember when people tried doing leaderboards in vanilla. There were always some groups arguing over if something was just a skrim or an "official GvG". It was so common that it is still today something veterans refer to ironcally.

The tournaments are awesome because they take pressure off the daily on-boarder stuff and let guilds have fun there (and better intergrate with everything else that goes on on the maps, while still letting them take on other guilds), so there is off-season fun and less burn out. We just need better tournament rules so they too see less burn out and more or actual support from the developers to that end.

I've been spurting two things for quite a while now. Nevermind other games of this genre. ArenaNet should look to EVE online in how they handle their community, including their annual GvG tournament and how that traditionally has consumed that community at large whether people have a horse in the race or not. They should look to World of Tanks how they handle maps and content production for their game (not their microtransaction policies though, eww). They often manage to have alot of impact through small changes. They're really smart when it comes to map rotations, not reinventing the wheel and rather making small, iterative yet impactful changes while taking time to take underperforming maps out of rotation for maintenence. It's such a simple way to keep things fresh.

@subversiontwo.7501 said:

@"Mil.3562" said:And
50%
60%
70% of those guilds are run by toxic and selfish commanders. Yes, the number keeps increasing because of the spread of 'meta only' cancer. If we have an official listing, the amount of salt and toxicity will reach unimaginable levels.What makes them selfish? That they don't play the content they created to your whims?Also, the reason we have a rampant spread of "meta only" nonsense is that guilds are dying. Guilds generally were the groups that made meta shift and played quality off-meta to show other players that there were options. The rampant spread of meta mainly comes from how the mode is delving down to 1 commander trying to lead 49 mic-less, witless leeches. If someone has to do everything by themselves with no help they tend to revert to the most effective simple options. That's what meta is.

As far as the thread at large goes, I'd say we already have the preferrable way to measure guilds up - that is the tournaments. Having more of a leaderboard risks sucking fun out of it by adding in unecessary attrition and/or endless lawless bickering. I remember when people tried doing leaderboards in vanilla. There were always some groups arguing over if something was just a skrim or an "official GvG". It was so common that it is still today something veterans refer to ironcally.

It wasn't much of an argument:1) If you win = gvg2) if you lose = scrim

@shiri.4257 said:

@"Mil.3562" said:And
50%
60%
70% of those guilds are run by toxic and selfish commanders. Yes, the number keeps increasing because of the spread of 'meta only' cancer. If we have an official listing, the amount of salt and toxicity will reach unimaginable levels.What makes them selfish? That they don't play the content they created to your whims?Also, the reason we have a rampant spread of "meta only" nonsense is that guilds are dying. Guilds generally were the groups that made meta shift and played quality off-meta to show other players that there were options. The rampant spread of meta mainly comes from how the mode is delving down to 1 commander trying to lead 49 mic-less, witless leeches. If someone has to do everything by themselves with no help they tend to revert to the most effective simple options. That's what meta is.

It wasn't much of an argument:1) If you win = gvg2) if you lose = scrim

well gvg is planned and does not happen on the day. you prepare for it ahead of time. you even ban certain.classes x builds, agree on a number of participants. a scrim is simply fighting who you see or willing on the day.

and while some do like gvg, thats a different thing than the wvw as played, im talking about wvw rules. sure to some it may be boring, but others actually like it. and that is what this thread is for.

@Mil.3562 said:

It clearly is objective.

And
50%
60%

So because they won't take anyone with random builds it makes them selfish? What is more selfish? Trying to organize the map to do something, or come on a build that does not contribute what is needed.

I mean, there's a world of difference between nonmeta healing tempest and say, LB Dragonhunter. My feeling is the later is far more common when this kind of thing happens.