Do you think it will be a good idea to have raid finder matchmaker?

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@"Katary.7096" said:

Oh, i think that too. I thought that would be the case the very moment raids were announced, and so far it seems i was right then.Are you referring to the bigger picture? As in "hardcore" content not being a good fit for Guild Wars 2? Because I remember the first few months of raids as niche content which was providing a satifying experience for a niche audience.No. I meant that it was clear to me from the get go, that going just a little bit hardcore and supplying only a bot of raids wouldn't satisfy the hardcore crowd in the long run. That it simply wouldn't be enough, unless Anet went raid-heavy and made them the main point of the game (which would lose them a big part of the casual community). At the same time, it was also clear that merely introducing raids would have some negative impact on non-raiders. There was a number of GW2 players for whom this game having no raids was a major point. Besides, even the little of the raid content Anet introduced caused some massive ripples all over the community, and heavily impacted fractals, for example.Yes, short-term reception of raids among the hardcore players was good, but it was only short-term, and complains about not enough content, and/or it being not difficult/rewarding enough, started relatively fast. Casual community reception at the same time was indifferent at best and wildly hostile at worst. Ultimately Anet ended up spending a ton of effort on content that wasn't wanted by a huge majority of players, and was not satisfactory to the remaining minority.

I only want to point out that your confirmation bias is showing. Every group of people here is complaining about lack of content. Pvp, WvW and all facets of PvE.

(Pvp less because wejust had a season).

No realistic amount of content will ever satisfy everyone. In my opinion the problem is morso that gw2 is designed in a way that people should dabble it lots of small things. Not spent time in one.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"yann.1946" said:In my opinion the problem is morso that gw2 is designed in a way that people should dabble it lots of small things. Not spent time in one.In that context introducing raids to gw2 would be even worse idea, as they definitely are not a "small thing" you can just "dabble" in. Well, technically you can, but not if you expect to get anywhere with them.if they were such a content, i would not have any problem with them.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@"yann.1946" said:In my opinion the problem is morso that gw2 is designed in a way that people should dabble it lots of small things. Not spent time in one.In that context introducing raids to gw2 would be even worse idea, as they definitely are not a "small thing" you can just "dabble" in. Well, technically you can, but not if you expect to get anywhere with them.if they were such a content, i would not have any problem with them.

I didn't say that everyone should do everything. But that the game is enjoyed most if you do a variety of content. Adding raids diversified the content to chose from.

You can dabble in raids. As pointed out by many here you can learn raids in like 1 day a week and progress trough them slowly.BTW I read your anacdote about taking 3-6? months for VG. That doesn't change the core of my argument as it is not nessecary for everyone to do everything. Some people don't pvp and thats fine. But if you do only PVP, only WvW, only Openworld or only etc. you will be very dissapointed.

Stop derailing . "Would anything help people go in and play the damn raids or should they be dungeoned?" that's the question if i have to be blunt about it. So start thinking how to make that part of the game better or axe them in favor of content that more people play like fractals and WvW( even how everyone is saying it is a dead mode it has way way more people playing than raids).You need people to play it but most of the time everyone tries to exclude them, LI, tokens, minis, Titles why would anyone having them would want to come and join. Most of the raiders don't want to play the game they want one and done farm and to tell it feels most of the fuckers want to take the fast way and be carried there. Same like years before link Ice crown 25 hc for 10 man normal, same shits in every game pseudo hard core players.Start fixing your attitude about the mode, if there were more lets say training run listings then sell or LI required ones people wouldn't be so intimidated. Pick up the boys and take the hard parts and show some newbs the ropes. Make the weekend the training time idk.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@"Vancho.8750" said:So start thinking how to make that part of the game better or axe them in favor of content that more people play like fractals and WvW( even how everyone is saying it is a dead mode it has way way more people playing than raids).

Source?
. There are 26 worlds and there are at least 50 to 100 people at any given moment in a single match up also it is hotjoin. Raids on other hand are exclusive and when you drop the sell squads in the lfg you are left with a small number of them.@Katary.7096 said:

@"Vancho.8750" said:Pick up the boys and take the hard parts and show some newbs the ropes. Make the weekend the training time idk.

Which entity gave you the authority to tell people what they should be doing with their time in the game?No one but let the mode die more development elsewhere. If you don't take care of your pets they are taken away from you, it is that simple. That apathy from large part of this "community" might be the death of this mode. It is not all up to the people Anet has to do something to make it more enticing for people to do progress raids so the old guys start showing stuff to the new ones. Also have you noticed that the more "toxic"(ha) parts of the game are tucked away and left to rot. Anet should stop coddling people and grow the game. And if you like the mode, might be a good idea to spend that so precious time to make the mode better, but what do i know it is not like raids are social endeavor or anything lets shew all the people away cause our time is more valuable than the other people.

@"Vancho.8750" said:

Source?
. There are 26 worlds and there are at least 50 to 100 people at any given moment in a single match up also it is hotjoin. Raids on other hand are exclusive and when you drop the sell squads in the lfg you are left with a small number of them.

I don't see the 50-100 people in any given moment there, care to elaborate?Also where are your fractal stats?

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@"Vancho.8750" said:

Source?
. There are 26 worlds and there are at least 50 to 100 people at any given moment in a single match up also it is hotjoin. Raids on other hand are exclusive and when you drop the sell squads in the lfg you are left with a small number of them.

I don't see the 50-100 people in any given moment there, care to elaborate?Also where are your fractal stats?
draw your own conclusions and go back to the main point of the thread.

@Vancho.8750 said:

Source?

draw your own conclusions and go back to the main point of the thread.

I already did a long time ago, that Raids are actually fine.If you want others to go to the main point of the thread then stop derailing by making uninformed claims of

So start thinking how to make that part of the game better or axe them in favor of content that more people play like fractals and WvW

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:

@Krzysztof.5973 said:We have to get mechanics tutorial for this game with breakbars, condi vs. power, stats etc explained.

You know YouTube is a thing right?

Thats the big Part of the proplem, player base is too casual to search info from other sources than ingame.You are right on this one normally people play games and like to get the enjoyment from the game. Even WoW added how the mechanics work in the game manu in something like bestiary for bosses. If GW 2 Raids something like it in a more RP fashion with books you earn from the previous boss or something like that, there was a mechanic like that in The Witcher games where you read books killed stuff and got more info by doing stuff. Maybe it will be something like the mini collection with info next to the monster. Most of it is already in the wiki so some kind of web integration like the TP would be the best option.

@"Vancho.8750" said:

http://gw2stats.com/eu/matchups . There are 26 worlds and there are at least 50 to 100 people at any given moment in a single match up also it is hotjoin. Raids on other hand are exclusive and when you drop the sell squads in the lfg you are left with a small number of them.

uuuhhhh you do know that only in the t1-2 matchups there are maybe 50-100 people at any given time? and even then it only during peaktime on friday evening reset. Also you forget one thing, there are 26 worlds indeed but maybe 3 or 4 worlds are alone and all the rest are either linked with one or two other worlds right?

On top that in t3/4 you're luckily to run into 5-6others on any borderland if you're roaming, and mostly these are just people that are forced to do it for gift of battle or fast dailies.

• 2 weeks later...
  1. Greatly increase rewards for duplicate boss kills (ie, incentivize joining pugs even if you've already cleared that week).
  2. Either lower raid size to 5 man, or allow Chrono to give 10 man quickness/alacrity. Similarly, allow FB to give 10 man quickness.
  3. Continue broadening the range of viable healers, tanks, and DPS.
  4. Nerf the "pug killer" mechanics and mechanics that require extremely specific roles (Sabetha cannons, Xera leylines, Deimos hands).
  5. Improve raid-specific UI elements (eg, the ability to see a raid member's toughness).
  6. Put in worthwhile rewards for W5 and upwards. Weapon skins that look worse than gemstore skins ain't it.

Any one of these would be a decent step towards saving raids.

@"gateless gate.8406" said:

1. Greatly increase rewards for duplicate boss kills (ie, incentivize joining pugs even if you've already cleared that week).
  2. Either lower raid size to 5 man, or allow Chrono to give 10 man quickness/alacrity. Similarly, allow FB to give 10 man quickness.
  3. Continue broadening the range of viable healers, tanks, and DPS.
  4. Nerf the "pug killer" mechanics and mechanics that require extremely specific roles (Sabetha cannons, Xera leylines, Deimos hands).
  5. Improve raid-specific UI elements (eg, the ability to see a raid member's toughness).
  6. Put in worthwhile rewards for W5 and upwards. Weapon skins that look worse than gemstore skins ain't it.

Any one of these would be a decent step towards saving raids.

You only forgot to add the Raid global event, like the boss and meta rush. xxx RAID RUSH xxx 360 no scope .

I can only speak from WoW. In Vanilla it was too long and complicated to get into raids, in BC it was too hard and I didn't want to speak with people. I was rather timid back then, also it took ages to get the gear to get even into raids. Then in Lich King they toned the raids a bit down and I could join and do some kills. In Cata I opened a bit more and we were pretty good raiding two days a week for about 3-4 hours. I got burned out after 6 months and that's when I appreciated the LFR in Pandaria: no hassle, no stress, just join and kill the thing (or fail sometimes). I really liked it. The rewards were lower, the bosses easier but at least I could do the content. I would appreciate a similar system in GW2.