Would converting more ranged skills to be projectile encourage melee encounters?

juno.1840

As nice as it would be to have viable group comps other than the ranged scourge+herald, i dont think adding more projectiles is the way to do it. Projectile attacks are incredibly inconsistent and buggy even without any reflects, and are too often "obstructed" or dont have line of sight on flat terrain. As an example its one of the reasons why staff weaver struggles to do damage outside of meteor. The fire dual skills are slow moving projectiles which often fail to hit stationary targets 300 range away from you.

More?

We need less.

Currently we have multiple classes crapping out projectile hate like it isn't a thing and thus any spec that brings projectiles is automatically trash. (well, they might still be, but at least not a liability) This is the very reason why AOE spam and also CoR that ignores reflects is popular. I mean shades only have 900 range. If only there was something that could take them out afar without all scourges being hugged by guardian bubbles hmm....

@ArchonWing.9480 said:More?

We need less.

Currently we have multiple classes crapping out projectile hate like it isn't a thing and thus any spec that brings projectiles is automatically trash. (well, they might still be, but at least not a liability) This is the very reason why AOE spam and also CoR that ignores reflects is popular. I mean shades only have 900 range. If only there was something that could take them out afar without all scourges being hugged by guardian bubbles hmm....

^ pretty much this. Projectile hate is very asymmetric currently.

All projectile attackers are all completely shut down by a single reflect bubble or wall until it finishes. Once you get 4 or 5 organized supports rotating bubbles / walls, you can prevent all projectile damage indefinitely. That's not a good thing either.

I don't know what the solution is, but I think making everything into a projectile would just create a melee-only meta.