Ele pets/ summons

Tom Hsiao.9705

When can elementalist have permanent pets/summons???It’s been years and I’m still hoping they give elementalist the permanent summon...I think the summon shouldn’t expire after a period of time..it should have an option to either tape the summon button again to explode with some effect base on which type of element it is and if it’s not unsummon it will last until it dies!!

It would make staff ele much easier to play on PVE.. it is so lame playing staff elementalist on the open world when most skills take forever to cast and while I’m channeling meteor shower and get beat up or cc by mobs...

I’m praying the new elementalist class is some summoning class if they don’t make the elemental glyph summon permanent...,And I know there are a lot of people pwning with their S/D build but I just can’t do it with that 130 range.. I love the elemental animations and range on staff but please give me a tank that will distract mobs while I blow stuff up!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

The elementalist gets a few things that others classes have, but poorly designed in comparison:

• Permanent necro pets? You get a time-limitted mob and you still need to spam the button afterwards if you want maximum efficiency.
  • Engineer kits? There you go time-limitted summoned weapons with a clunky pick-up mechanic.
  • Useful elite skills? Here take specifically the two utility types that are poorly designed, and add a boring tornado for good measure (but make it only good underwater!).
  • Like 1

@ROMANG.1903 said:The elementalist gets a few things that others classes have, but poorly designed in comparison:

• Permanent necro pets? You get a time-limitted mob and you still need to spam the button afterwards if you want maximum efficiency.
  • Engineer kits? There you go time-limitted summoned weapons with a clunky pick-up mechanic.
  • Useful elite skills? Here take specifically the two utility types that are poorly designed, and add a boring tornado for good measure (but make it only good underwater!).

the elemental used to be totally free AI. They add the active skill later and to be honest I like it more that way !

but +1 for everything else!

• Like 1

@Nath Forge Tempete.1645 said:

@ROMANG.1903 said:The elementalist gets a few things that others classes have, but poorly designed in comparison:

the elemental used to be totally free AI. They add the active skill later and to be honest I like it more that way !

but +1 for everything else!

How do you like it more that way? It's just an ability you have to spam in order to get maximum efficiency, there is literally no gameplay to it. I'd rather have this sort of things being taken care of by the AI, I'd like to at least have the choice to do it. It would be interesting if you had to chose the right moment to use it or if the elemental's ability had several charges, but it's simply not the case.

Take the necro for example: Their summon's active abilities are all utility skills to time properly, or with long cooldowns. In the case of the Fire elemental, you have a damage ability that you need to press every 5 seconds with no situation awareness.

I would be totally cool though with a detonation ability though, that would make an interesting mechanic: Have a powerful ability in exchange for puttin the elemental on cooldown.

• Like 1

They'd be somewhat useful if they granted some boons periodically, like every 10s for the caster and allies within 300 radius.

• Lesser fire: might

• Lesser ice: regen

• Lesser air: swiftness

• Lesser earth: prot

• Fire elemental: Alacrity

• Ice: Resistance

• Air: Quickness

• Earth: Stability.

Maybe they'd be worth slotting then.

• Like 2

I'm all for removing the durations and giving Ele a summoner playstyle.

I've actually wanted this for years and there's plenty of ways they can make it unique enough from Minions.Elementals could change forms and functionality when the elementalist changes element changes for example.Elementals could be defined by the players stat choices rather than predefined like Minions which would force Ele's to play more to their roles.Fire elemental powers up with power, Earth elemental powers up with toughness, Air elemental with precison and Ice elemental with Healing power or vitality.

Just a few examples.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

They dont care about elementalist. This is just further proven when they were announcing catalyst elite spec and said "we have no idea why we gave ele hammer".

Then staff gets nerfed instead of reworked.. and now we're forced to go melee for all game modes. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Kyraios.8954 said:

Then staff gets nerfed instead of reworked.. and now we're forced to go melee for all game modes. 

"We have heard you loud and clear and agree that staff is underperforming. That is why we decided to buff shatterstone to bring staff on par with other weapons."

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

I have to say that I totally support OP on this one and also the posts where it mentions that Elementalist summons disappears when mounted. Absolute BS if you ask me. They should be either permanent summon that is tapped at 3. I do get the idea behind the larger Elemental Summon because it is like an Ultimate skill but lesser elementals should be permanent, they are in many other games where Elementals can summon elements. 

And for god sake, please change the design on the elementals disappearing when mounted. If you can do it for the glide you should do it for the mounts and the boat in the other two expansions. Especially in PVE. It is such an important QoL improvement that it should have been upgraded by now or fixed or w/e.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, soulknight.9620 said:

You do realise that Ulti would have to get nerfed if they made them permanent? Earth elemental can tank 80% of OW pve content (and i think water one can too). 

How does the cooldown change that, other than the annoyance of having to continually resummon it?

• Like 4

On 6/9/2022 at 11:29 AM, The Ghost.3087 said:

I have to say that I totally support OP on this one and also the posts where it mentions that Elementalist summons disappears when mounted. Absolute BS if you ask me. They should be either permanent summon that is tapped at 3. I do get the idea behind the larger Elemental Summon because it is like an Ultimate skill but lesser elementals should be permanent, they are in many other games where Elementals can summon elements. 

And for god sake, please change the design on the elementals disappearing when mounted. If you can do it for the glide you should do it for the mounts and the boat in the other two expansions. Especially in PVE. It is such an important QoL improvement that it should have been upgraded by now or fixed or w/e.

This!!! 3 years later and we're still asking for the SAME THING! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We seriously need you to fix the Elementalist class and their summons. It feels quite unfair compared to other summoners in the game and lacklustre especially with despawning the elementals when you go underwater, mount or boat away. This shouldn't be even considered normal. If other classes can use their summons and pets underwater then Elementalists should be able to do the same. The same goes for the rest. It is kinda tiring to summon them over and over again the elementals only for them to despawn when you mount or go underwater.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

A lot of times the eemental skills just sits on my bar because I forget to summon before the fight and during the fight feels like a waste of time. I think lesser elementals should be a quicker cast and the elite elementals should be permenant (including on mount, map change, etc), it could be also auto cast ooc like the firebrand mantras.

• Like 1