New Pvp Game Modes? PLEASE ARENANET

kenny.3627

This game came out in 2012 and had one Pvp game mode..... Conquest.

It is now 2019 and we have Conquest/ Stronghold-unranked crap.

I'd like to suggest the current Dev's to look into Gw1 Pvp game modes and work from there.

I see no Guild Wars in this game and its been 7 years.

Add More Pvp Game Modes or change Guild Wars 2 -> Gem Wars

Guild wars 2 should never of taken the title of guild wars... Gw2 is more like the world of tyria, or gods and dragons, or something along the lines of tyrian adventures...anything other then the title of GUILDwars would suit this game better.

Edit: Not once ever in my 7years of gw2 did i ever think o im doing a GUILD wars fight against another guild. Not once did that thought ever cross my mind. Not once.What ever small scale 10v10 i had in the past doesnt reflect the fact that is game doesn't promote any kind of guildVSguild gameplay. Such as it predecessor gw1 did like guild leaders boards and guild tournaments on the daily.

This is a kind of thread that appear quite often.

Here is the reality, ANet have introduced tons of PvP modes/content since 2012. The only reason you don't believe it is that you are only looking at the PvP lobby vacuum (and even there, there was quite a lot of things introduced). It's time to understand that sPvP mean capture points in a set of rules if you want diversity in PvP (FFA, large scale fights, battlefield... etc.) you can turn yourself toward the countless PvP activities that somehow were implemented in PvE or simply look at WvW.

I'd want to also add that whenever they introduce new PvP modes/maps in the PvP lobby, these maps usually receive negative feedback from the PvP community. To my knowledge there are still maps that few people want to play, favoring greatly the old maps.

@Dadnir.5038 said:This is a kind of thread that appear quite often.

Here is the reality, ANet have introduced tons of PvP modes/content since 2012. The only reason you don't believe it is that you are only looking at the PvP lobby vacuum (and even there, there was quite a lot of things introduced). It's time to understand that sPvP mean capture points in a set of rules if you want diversity in PvP (FFA, large scale fights, battlefield... etc.) you can turn yourself toward the countless PvP activities that somehow were implemented in PvE or simply look at WvW.

I'd want to also add that whenever they introduce new PvP modes/maps in the PvP lobby, these maps usually receive negative feedback from the PvP community. To my knowledge there are still maps that few people want to play, favoring greatly the old maps.

Courtyard is a good example.... Not sure why they removed it though... there was only 2 major complaints about it if I recall correctly and that was that a TDM was in conquest queue and that the map could snowball hard if players didnt group after a wipe.

I really hope 2v2 recieve its own queue.