QoL changes.

Leonidrex.5649

Hello lads, couple of things I would like to see implemented to make our gameplay more enjoyable.

Making every evade/block/dodge ability, instantly cancel any other action to cast itself
including : axe 3, sword 2, scept 2, Sand through Glass and propably some others i forget.Make our abilities go off when someone runs behind us ( im looking at you scepter 3. ) even if beem seems co connect, the entire channel and animation goes throught but nothing happens, fix plz.Staff ambush, against enemies on elevation sometimes just hits the wall or flies to the side, why ? fix pleasePhantasms becoming clones faster after delivering attack, instead of standing still and staring into space.Shield phantasm SUMMON is evadable, should be avengers attack, not summon itself ( denies clone too )Clones attack nearest target instead of target of a spell on some instances.Mirage thrust ( sword ambush misses ALOT, expecially when used from elevation, you just fly on top of someone and slowly fall down doing nothing )Chim in some other QoL suggestions, if i remember ill add them to the post.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:Making every evade/block/dodge ability, instantly cancel any other action to cast itself

Enable auto attack autocast. Dont thank me. (Dont ask me why, but thats pretty stupid that skills can be casted only when you put it on autocast)Edit:tho axe 3 is autistic. @Curunen.8729 your StG also doesnt have highest skill priority as breakstuns should.

Shield phantasm being evadable.

Some things not activating when in the air (dune cloak and decent into madness iirc).

Some skills summon clones to nearest enemy instead of to your target (axe 2, deceptive evasion, ...). All clone summons should prioritise your target then fallback to nearest enemy.

If talk about QoL -> fix chrono bugs-> F5, SoI, power block.MAKE MIRAGE THRUST BEING ABLE TO LAND AS IT MISS 80% OF TIMES.Casts being rolled for full cooldown if your face target wrong, like they did with warrior gs4, why didnt do the same same with mesmer gs2,pistol5? Huh?

Quality of Life:

Clones being a destroyable resourceScepter 2 failing to make clones if the block animation is interrupted by any queued skillsTravel time of Scepter bolts being so slowSword 3 having a delay (spamming it should allow you to swap near instantly)Any bolt from the mesmer in flight breaking stealthDesperate Decoy breaking casts (should be queued to happen directly after finishing the next cast so it doesn't break your skill use or break from what you've skill used)

I will come back with more later I am sure, these are the ones I remembered for now though.

• 2 weeks later...

@praqtos.9035 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:Making every evade/block/dodge ability, instantly cancel any other action to cast itself

Enable auto attack autocast. Dont thank me. (Dont ask me why, but thats pretty stupid that skills can be casted only when you put it on autocast)Edit:tho axe 3 is autistic. @Curunen.8729 your StG also doesnt have highest skill priority as breakstuns should.

yes I remember doing the crow fractal, used axe 3 on the middle of the boat, and axe teleported me on the plank, and then charged WAAAAY under the ship.yes i died.

My QoL list:

• Jaunt -> Remove confusion and revert charges back to 3
  • Axe 3 -> Lower/remove confusion and revert DPS nerf
  • Axe Ambush -> Remove torment and allow axe's to hit targets behind player
  • Illusionary Ambush -> Lower CD to 25s - 30s to make it more viable*Those alone will balance out condi Mirage and increase general QoL when playing or fighting against them without completely neutering them

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:My QoL list:

In the spirit of reducing confusion and increasing Power damage, Id like to see Anet take a good look at scepter. Reduce the confusion stacks on Confusing Images from 7 to 5 and rebuff the power damage by 25% to bring it back to where it was before the overbuff and subsequent overnerf. Make the 20% attack speed buff from Malicious Sorcery baseline and give the trait something else.

• Illusionary Ambush -> Lower CD to 25s - 30s to make it more viable*Those alone will balance out condi Mirage and increase general QoL when playing or fighting against them without completely neutering them

why remove troment from ambush axe? that kills entire weapon xd

How about making Sand Shards not suck?

also maybe make power relevant beyond a one shot combo. Or if we're sticking with the one shot combo how about making it as safe as thief between the attempts?Or make thief as unsafe as mes between attempts (because some people just want to watch the world burn)

Maybe make Power mirage somehow viable in PvE? Maybe that quality of life is just to good to exist.

@Daishi.6027 said:Maybe make Power mirage somehow viable in PvE? Maybe that quality of life is just to good to exist.

The problem with PvE power mirage (max dps build) atm is that it’s riddled with too much micro-management. Played like a god, it only manages to perform almost but not as well as core. PvE dmg boosts to Jaunt, Dune Cloak and Mirage Mirrors, as well as introducing new interactions such as clones also gaining full-power Dune Cloak using Illusionary Ambush when traited, and maybe somehow False Oasis > SoE, could probably push power mirage into the lowest end of the dps spectrum (scourge & no-slow illu pchrono), but it doesn’t really address how difficult it is to play in the first place (actively avoiding the trash dmg on sword ambush being the main offender).

My own current (small) wish list:

• PvE phantasms gain interruption immunity. Or maybe even invuln. Having to account for two cast times (own + phantasm) is unfair. If PvE mobs are too stupid to cleanse condis, why are some of them smart enough to ‘accidently’ counter phantasms?
  • Stop giving iDrunkWarden alcohol. It keeps throwing axes at dead/untargetable/invulnerable/non-existent enemies or entities.

@Noodle Ant.1605 said:

@Daishi.6027 said:Maybe make Power mirage somehow viable in PvE? Maybe that quality of life is just to good to exist.

The problem with PvE power mirage (max dps build) atm is that it’s riddled with too much micro-management. Played like a god, it only manages to perform almost but not as well as core. PvE dmg boosts to Jaunt, Dune Cloak and Mirage Mirrors, as well as introducing new interactions such as clones also gaining full-power Dune Cloak using Illusionary Ambush when traited, and maybe somehow False Oasis > SoE, could probably push power mirage into the lowest end of the dps spectrum (scourge & no-slow illu pchrono), but it doesn’t really address how difficult it is to play in the first place (actively avoiding the trash dmg on sword ambush being the main offender).

My own current (small) wish list:
  • PvE phantasms gain interruption immunity. Or maybe even invuln. Having to account for two cast times (own + phantasm) is unfair. If PvE mobs are too stupid to cleanse condis, why are some of them smart enough to ‘accidently’ counter phantasms?
  • Stop giving iDrunkWarden alcohol. It keeps throwing axes at dead/untargetable/invulnerable/non-existent enemies or entities.

also, make warden spawn in RELIABLE place, not 800 units away and she just wanders off and start attacking rocks.

• to phantasms being uninteraptuble, havent even thought of that.ambush should deal 100% dmg on power clones, no reason for power mirage to be garbage, and while we are at it proper power damage on some of skills would be welcome. good example is pistol, without condi traits its full power, but even if you land all shots its damage is utter trash anyways, same with preety much every single ability.Wish chronophantasma got nerfed by 80% and all phantasms buffed so power mirage/core can at least do as much dps as drunk 1handed guard can.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

It wouldn't. I use Axe myself and would still use it if that was changed.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

you can use it sure, but mirage would no longer be good in any of the raids anymore.you could still do fractal ;p

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

you can use it sure, but mirage would no longer be good in any of the raids anymore.you could still do fractal ;p

I use axe for every mode (including pvp/wvw). Love the weapon and has yet to let me down. Help I also dont run a condi build.

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:Wish chronophantasma got nerfed by 80% and all phantasms buffed so power mirage/core can at least do as much dps as drunk 1handed guard can.

Unless you’re referring to PvP, I already made a thread about the dmg differences between mes power builds and it turns out they’re surprisingly close. I feel as though the mirage projected bench should’ve been ~1k lower, but I still believe a benching god might be able to achieve those numbers.

Apart from the unnecessary damage increase on Time Catches Up and the brokenness of Danger Time, the real main advantage that chrono has over core and mirage is its chronoburst (using Csplit) - without it, it would probably be benching the same as core, showing that Chronophantasma in PvE is not actually as broken as many people think it is.

Seeing that the max performance standards are pretty close, the best solution imo for a really long time now is to outright delete Danger Time instead and buff core and a bit of mirage up as compensation, raising everything power mes related with it, and boom! - we now have 3 viable and different power builds in one profession???

At the very least, start by making the sword ambush distinctly better than and worth using over the regular AA.

@Noodle Ant.1605 said:

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:Wish chronophantasma got nerfed by 80% and all phantasms buffed so power mirage/core can at least do as much dps as drunk 1handed guard can.

Unless you’re referring to PvP, I already made a thread about the dmg differences between mes power builds
. I feel as though the mirage projected bench should’ve been ~1k lower, but I still believe a benching god might be able to achieve those numbers.

Apart from the unnecessary damage increase on Time Catches Up and the brokenness of Danger Time, the real main advantage that chrono has over core and mirage is its chronoburst (using Csplit) - without it, it would probably be benching the same as core, showing that Chronophantasma in PvE is not actually as broken as many people think it is.

Seeing that the max performance standards are pretty close, the best solution imo for a really long time now is to outright delete Danger Time instead and buff core and a bit of mirage up as compensation, raising everything power mes related with it, and boom! - we now have 3 viable and different power builds in one profession???

At the very least, start by making the sword ambush distinctly better than and worth using over the regular AA.

after seing deadeye make over 40k dps with preety mcuh spaming couple of buttons off cd, meanwhile you have to do 20-30button combos that in reality dont work becouse chrono combo takes around 30s, so you WILL have to stop. and another thing is that you lose on the reason power is strong, its INSTA damage, meanwhile you have to wait on casttimes then phantasm casttimes, then chronophantasma stun then phantasm casttime again. end up waiting 5-15s for dmg to apply. might as well go condi

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:Wish chronophantasma got nerfed by 80% and all phantasms buffed so power mirage/core can at least do as much dps as drunk 1handed guard can.

Unless you’re referring to PvP, I already made a thread about the dmg differences between mes power builds
. I feel as though the mirage projected bench should’ve been ~1k lower, but I still believe a benching god might be able to achieve those numbers.

after seing deadeye make over 40k dps with preety mcuh spaming couple of buttons off cd, meanwhile you have to do 20-30button combos that in reality dont work becouse chrono combo takes around 30s, so you WILL have to stop. and another thing is that you lose on the reason power is strong, its INSTA damage, meanwhile you have to wait on casttimes then phantasm casttimes, then chronophantasma stun then phantasm casttime again. end up waiting 5-15s for dmg to apply. might as well go condi

We can't all have nice things.

The only time where this really matters is when you're trying to speedclear through bosses. Even then, experienced groups sometimes wouldn't even take deadeye at all. If INSTA dmg is a concern (target dies before burst is complete), you might need to shake up your rotation to include the hard hitting things first, or switch to core because its actually better in this specific situation.

Atm, power mes builds only need Danger Time (especially its slow requirement) deleted and redistributed through core traitlines so that they can appear on SC's sacred dps spectrum and not under unreliable conditions. If you want a power mes build to mimic burst like the meta specs DH, weaver and power soulbeast, you'd best put your money in the next espec, or buff power mes not chrono since it has the better short burst potential (while pchrono distinctly shoots ahead on 10/15s+ fights).

For example (mostly PvE):

• Core shatters - Cry of Pain has a similar dmg distribution as Mind Wrack (higher 1/2 clone dmg scaling). 1 and 2 clone Mind Wrack buffed (taking advantage of unique core shatters, change non-core shatters to scale directly proportional to the number of clones).
  • Signet of Ether - cast time reduced to 3/4s (or lower). Phantasms already have higher CD and the CD reduction is only 50% anyways in PvP already.
  • Phantasmal Swordsman - cast time reduced to 3/4s or lower.
  • Phantasmal Disenchanter - cast time normalised with underwater version (1/2s).
  • Phantasmal Defender - cast time normalised with underwater version (1/2s).
  • Mental Anguish - becomes more reliable, maybe just the straight 50% dmg increase (PvP version stays the same).
  • Fencer's Finesse - outdated, needs updating.
  • Cry of Pain - Cry of Frustration additionally deals 25% more damage (10% or some minor amount in PvP)
  • Compounding Power - reverted to 3% dmg per stack.
  • Well of Calamity - make it actually worth using over MoP and phantasms.
  • Danger Time - crit chance increase somehow moved into core (preferably dueling). Afterwards, ideally merged with Lost Time or deleted to make space for a new trait that doesn't necessarily increase chrono dps, or only complements a Lost Time build.
  • Clones - chrono clones now resummon themselves upon dying?
  • Etc.

But really, this is a QoL thread, not a buffing thread.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...