Soothing Mist Maximum target cap?

So i need someone to help me understand how to find the maximum target cap of Soothing Mist

"You and nearby allies recover health while you are attuned to water."Target cap - 5

Interval 3 seconds.

So i'm assuming that it pulses in a 600 radius, the soothing mist EFFECT to 5 players maximum, every 3 seconds. But does this mean that if i move around or if other players come into range, that they will be granted soothing mist on the next pulse? Does this mean that the 5 players closest to me get Soothing mist for 10 seconds, while the other 5 players that have exited my range will still have soothing mist for 7 seconds?

Which then means, can Soothing mist ultimatly be applied to up to 15 people at certain times? Or does the effect max out on only 5 people and won't apply soothing mist to anyone else until soothing mist effect expires on other players?

I've looked this up and i've tried to figure this out myself but there is no documentation on how this trait is supposed to work when considering the number of targets it can effect at any given time.

@zencow.3651 said:Yes. However it’s more like a 13 target cap since you’re always counted as one of the 5. Reaching the cap is also pretty hard as you have to dedicate yourself to moving around between people to apply it maximally all the time.

Thank you for the response and answer i've been rattling my brain on whether it effects more than 5 targets or not.

So to follow up...does this mean that if you are in a party of 5, will it just continually refresh on the party of 5 and not bother to apply to others outside of my party? (I assume it won't until those players leave the 600 range of soothing mist.)

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

@zencow.3651 said:Yes. However it’s more like a 13 target cap since you’re always counted as one of the 5. Reaching the cap is also pretty hard as you have to dedicate yourself to moving around between people to apply it maximally all the time.

Thank you for the response and answer i've been rattling my brain on whether it effects more than 5 targets or not.

So to follow up...does this mean that if you are in a party of 5, will it just continually refresh on the party of 5 and not bother to apply to others outside of my party? (I assume it won't until those players leave the 600 range of soothing mist.)

Correct, both statements.

@steki.1478 said:

Thanks, now that I know this for sure I feel better.

Tempest healer can be really strong if put into its own subgroup then, 1k soothing mist ticks on 13 people is 13,000 healing per second, along with regen stacking you can get really really high passive healing with just using overload water

Do you know if regen has a target cap? I don’t think it does (say you use overload water and move through a zerg of players)

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

Tempest healer can be really strong if put into its own subgroup then, 1k soothing mist ticks on 13 people is 13,000 healing per second, along with regen stacking you can get really really high passive healing with just using overload water

Do you know if regen has a target cap? I don’t think it does (say you use overload water and move through a zerg of players)

Overload water only applies regen at the end. Regen can be applied as much as you can pump out and maintain on people but some of it will get removed or corrupted so it's not a sure thing.

Silently reading above and learningBeen playing staff support in spvp offseason and it’s really fun as long as 2 cc melee don’t lock on u for to long. Water is really good and the support is amazing butttt no1 stands in my placements so mist heal is bae lol. If I could give out stab like fb I would say it was plat tier but it’s op gold tier if u play it well maybe p1

@zencow.3651 said:

Overload water only applies regen at the end. Regen can be applied as much as you can pump out and maintain on people but some of it will get removed or corrupted so it's not a sure thing.

Ah for some reason I though the regen was pulsing I was mistaken. But ya I think you can still stack the regen by using Flash freeze and Overload water as long as you stagger yourself a bit to get more coverage to your squad.

I played reset this past Friday and I decided to keep myself in my own subgroup, to make the most of my soothing mist and my average healing per second went from what was normally 2-5k over a 1-3 minutes engagement all the way up to 10-15k...every fight...a massive difference.

@Gamble.4580 said:Silently reading above and learningBeen playing staff support in spvp offseason and it’s really fun as long as 2 cc melee don’t lock on u for to long. Water is really good and the support is amazing butttt no1 stands in my placements so mist heal is bae lol. If I could give out stab like fb I would say it was plat tier but it’s op gold tier if u play it well maybe p1

Ya I usto play Staff tempest in spvp a while back when there were more healing amulets around and less power creep. It was one of my fav builds. I tried it out again recently and Arno I do still enjoy it, the stat difference is so significant... like in WVW, I max out at 100% outgoing healing at 2k healing power, while in Spvp I max out at only 30% outgoing healing at 1.3k healing power. Against the massive damage output from powercreep, The result is significantly less healing to the point where I struggled to keep anyone above 30% health.

But for WVW I think people massively underestimate tempest staff healing. The meta tempest healer seems to focus around condition cleanse and boon duration (minstrel stats and anti toxin runes) but this doesn’t make much sense when you consider that scrappers cleanse and convert conditions better and that the boon output of tempest is not very good. When specced into full healing, not only is the condition cleanse still competitive with scrapper, but the healing output is so massive you can sustain the whole squad with it.