Is any advantage be Tier 1 as server?

Donn.9024

As Aurora Glade we will be Tier 1 for third week. Note: AG have massive guilds/players leaving now (e.g. BAD disband, Kazo move, SALT leave to Desolation). Server Whiteside Ridge don't care about PPT and we are still in Tier 1 for next week (maybe we have better prime time or they are fighting only). But i started thinking. There is any advantage be Tier 1? For ticks or any something? Or is it only numbers in leaderboard? For what we are fighting?(sry for my english :# )

Cant speak for EU, but nowadays with linking and the alliance trainwreck coming sometime between now and when the sun burns out...there isn't really much of a reason. Years ago players wanted to keep their servers in a specific tier because they liked the fights they were getting, but we dont have anywhere near the population or activity level anymore. The theory among some is that the higher tiers offer more activity and higher skilled players to fight, but now it doesn't seem to matter much.

@blazefm.1693 said:At NA everything but t1 has enemies most of the time. BG always supplies lots of peeps until they blob u (worst part). Being in another tier is quite boring since theres only guilds runs. T1 is the best of the worst.

Yea because no other server runs blobs. We should just fight them with 10 pugs I guess...

@X T D.6458 said:

@blazefm.1693 said:At NA everything but t1 has enemies most of the time. BG always supplies lots of peeps until they blob u (worst part). Being in another tier is quite boring since theres only guilds runs. T1 is the best of the worst.

Yea because no other server runs blobs. We should just fight them with 10 pugs I guess...

Well, to be fair, vs thePUG blobs of other servers, it’s an advantage for the 10 BG..

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Well, to be fair, vs thePUG blobs of other servers, it’s an advantage for the 10 BG..

Honestly I couldnt care less if they have guild or pug blobs, as long as we can get decent fights out of them. You know we have very few guilds, and they run usually less than 15 people, so any blob we have is always going to be pug heavy.

My experience regarding staying T1 is that winning itself doesn't matter that much, but it provides you lot of tools to build the server if you actively push for better builds, activity, communication etc. People are more motivated about speaking and listening about these things when winning. And discussing with and teaching other people can be fun as long as you keep the toxicity out of it (even though it can be hard regarding builds). Basically you need to see visible improvements within your server each week, not just empty talk and dreams about how things should be. Include guilds in it, they already have necessary structure to push certain things forward.

But you really only need to focus on one thing that you like; f/e if you prefer scouting, try to improve scouting within the server by forming a group of inviduals that share ideas and play together. Some people prefer just running around drunk, win or lose, and get better slowly. Really, just don't burn yourself out by reaching to the skies too fast.

Regarding source of the issue you're having;

WSR only doesn't care about PPT when they have desert map as homelands.

And they have too many people to stay in T2.

There's no actual reason other than having fun fighting to play WvW in T1 (but other tiers there should be) half the weeks as long as there is 2 different borderlands or this player mentality exists. It is unfortunate but your options are either to not play half the weeks or turn your strategic brain off those weeks.