What Class do you like fighting Against, the most?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holosmith isn't as fun to fight against as it used to be, but it still has pretty good, clear tells, so fighting against them feels more like I'm trying to outplay the things I see happening rather than trying to fight against things that I am guessing are happening.

Warrior used to be like this, particularly way back in the Hambow days, but's it's less so with Spellbreaker. Still, I'd put it up there near the top regardless.

Fun isn’t about easy for me to kill. Fun is about how even the matchup is, and could go either way if the opponent is good.

Revenant, because a good one is an absolute threat while still providing opportunities for counter play.

But I’d put out Reaper/Scourge as a close second because a good one is also potentially a tough fight but there are plenty of opportunities to take one down.

I don’t dislike fighting other thieves but, and this is personal preference, sometimes the opponent is skilled enough that we can fight for a long time, sometimes it comes down to who gets the drop on the other, and often the enemy thief can’t win 95% of the time. Thief v Thief is often a particularly lopsided matchup.

Honorable mention to warrior. Fun to fight, just too many “must dodge” abilities and so much chain CC to make them a tier below the others in “fun.”

@melandru.3876 said:

@"LolLookAtMyAP.8394" said:I only really don't like fighting Mirages, thanks to Mirage Cloak. No matter how many nerfs it gets, Mirage will be a pain in the butt.

so you answered the poll, by doing the opposite of what was asked

@"Knighthonor.4061" said:Which of the Guild Wars 2 classes do you enjoy fighting against the most in structure PVP?

^^ "the most" not the "least"

He is saying mesmer/chrono is fun to fight but not mirage.

My favorite was killing condi mesmers and knocking them off their high horses while everyone was indignantly crying they were OP. I loved using power mes, thief, ranger, and war prior to all the nerfs and changes since then. Even with condi mirage still having all it's jaunts and a good amount of vigor and damage it was fine, the extended evasion was a bit annoying and one of the few deserved nerfs, but at the same time it wasn't that hard to play around even then.

Now? Nothing is all that fun to fight. Everything is a minor annoyance or a poor matchup, feels like class takes precedent far beyond skill.Season 9 if a matchup was unfavorable it felt like almost everyone had the resources to outplay whatever they are put against. (except maybe necros who were really strong team fighters, and eles who needed some love) There were a few hard counters then, but now after all the nerfs and restrictions feels like you just run out or don't do enough if it's a unfavorable matchup, or unless your spec clearly over performs.

While warrior might have the most reasonably visible telegraphs in PvP, it doesn't mean that you're going to be able to really do anything to him while he does them. Block, block, immune, immune, evade, block, immune, 0, 0, 0, 0, immune. Although, it's not like every class isn't like this. I still laugh at how people try to imply that there's a real distinction to be made among things like invuln, evade, block and the like. Yeah, sure, alright, you can technically CC someone in mid-evade with a ward wall, and that makes evade different than invuln, but that's almost ENTIRELY irrelevant in basically any face-value meta match-up.

Core: They always have some weird stuff so I like 1v1ing them.Berserker: I love when most of them are like " is op! nerf! noob!" when they can't oneshot me.Spellbreaker: I don't like dueling them because of FC. Also, most of them are carried by Rampage when I play power builds and Shake It Off when I play condi ones.

Thief vs. Thief

Unfortunately, it doesn't happen often enough, but when two decent Thieves meet in PvP, the duels can be quite epic... especially when trying to land hits when both are invisible.

I'm still waiting for Anet to make the Thief the king of Stealth again, and to give it the unique ability to see Stealthed enemies. Then allow it to extend its own Stealth duration by hitting targets that are also Stealthed (instead of being Revealed), which would allow "invisible" Thief duels to last indefinitely. Yes, basically turn Stealth into the Upside-Down dimension. I'm so ready!