Small pvp arena in towns?

neoteo.3975

@Menadena.7482 said:Why? People go to towns for a space space. If you want to be annoying to people go to WVW and kill people as much as you want.

If I am concentrating on crafting something the LAST thing I need is for someone to kill me for 'fun'.

Haha true, maybe only allow pvp when someone is not interacting with NPC.

The why is just for fun and also to give more purpose to towns, could also be arenas in towns instead of the whole town.

If you want to PvP in towns you can right now. It’s called Costume Brawl. Get tonics that have costume brawl skills and you PvPers can fight each other to your heart’s content. You won’t have to worry about PvP balance or asking ANet to add it to the game or players getting ganked against their will.

So you see OP, your wish has already been granted. Go forth with your other PvP friends and have fun.

How about Duel Invitations? You invite someone to duel (assuming they have not blocked you or duel requests in general) and upon accepting you two become hostile to each other until one is defeated. Then they revive. That way, people who couldn't be bothered can continue playing in peace.

@Zacchary.6183 said:How about Duel Invitations? You invite someone to duel (assuming they have not blocked you or duel requests in general) and upon accepting you two become hostile to each other until one is defeated. Then they revive. That way, people who couldn't be bothered can continue playing in peace.

This is the only thing I'm open for.

But except this, it would be super annoying to just chill in towns, sitting there and/or chatting with friends and then getting nuked by some people just for fun.

I go to towns to chill out, craft, talk to guildies, go thru my bank. The LAST thing I want is to be constantly defending myself. Town = NOT having to fight all the time. There are plenty of PvP rooms if you want to go 1v1 or whatever. There are tons of reasons PvE, PvP, and WvW are all separate game modes and it needs to stay that way. Plus it just makes no sense. Towns are a community with laws, government, guards and you want to make them murder capitals of Tyria? No one would live there.

There was a comment earlier about arenas. Here is what they said about that

in 2018

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:I'm not against 1v1 dueling, with restrictions to areas. But as other's noted, to do this right requires a lot of work. (Specified duel areas, a way to change the skill ruleset used based on an area rather than a whole map, etc.

We have so many higher priorities that I can't see us ever actually getting to this in the foreseeable future. Especially as we already have the means for players to create their own 1v1's via custom arenas.

So, they feel that players already have places to duel: PvP custom arenas, guild PvP arenas, and WvW if they are on opposing maps. Because of the resources it would take in addition to all the other things that they are already doing and that people also want, more dueling sites are not likely to be added.

No. A lot of PvE'ers dislike PvP, this would effectively drive them out of the game and while I don't have numbers and its obviously not all, I am fairly certain it is a significant enough chunk of the playerbase that it would have a significant negative effect for ANet.Smaller designated areas for those that do want it (aka keep it away from anyone else), could be alright.... but at that point how different is it from the PvP already in the game.

@neoteo.3975 said:Because of you the game never really get new features, keep up the good work of turning every idea down.

/clap

This is not a new feature most players want. And is beating a dead horse.Take the game for what it is, don't try to make it into something else. There are loads of games out there with open world pvp. Many of us choose this game because it doesn't have that. So we don't want it. No matter how you dress it up or try to claim it won't bother others.

Now, what I am for, is an open world map, copied over to mists. How much fun would it be, if you were say bandits attacking vilage, while the other team, tries to protect/keep the village. This would be so much more interesting than keeps and towers.