Shield rework/Herald refocus

Thornwolf.9721

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@DonArkanio.6419 said:I'd love Shield 5 to stay a root. But I want it to be powerful enough for it.

I sincerely love that Revenant is so different. Singce everyw class with Shield can move while blocking - Rev could be the one with root. But make it worth the root.

@DonArkanio.6419 said:I'd love Shield 5 to stay a root. But I want it to be powerful enough for it.

I sincerely love that Revenant is so different. Singce everyw class with Shield can move while blocking - Rev could be the one with root. But make it worth the root.

The root is way to strong as a trade off for a selfish heal that can be beaten easilly with unblockables.

I actually don’t mind the root either but to have the root shield need to be a strong support and root ahas trade off.Maybe crystal hibernation needs to be a dome as well, and allies affected by that gain x% of damage take is converted to health and condition cleanse by pulse while targets arround crystal hibernation take damage like the crystal is being shattered with the damage received.

These are all perfect concepts, you know. There many great concepts that could work 100 times better than what we currently have. Concepts that would keep the playstyle of shield but change it's viability.

But Devs have to kitten do something. We have no idea whether Shield is ever going to get changed no matter the ideas. We just don't know, and I feel like every thread trying to suggest solutions to Shield problems is just straight ignored.

I want Shield to work like FoN - Changing on Legend. If not, give us Warhorn, this could be nuts.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@DonArkanio.6419 said:

The root is way to strong as a trade off for a selfish heal that can be beaten easilly with unblockables.

I actually don’t mind the root either but to have the root shield need to be a strong support and root ahas trade off.Maybe crystal hibernation needs to be a dome as well, and allies affected by that gain x% of damage take is converted to health and condition cleanse by pulse while targets arround crystal hibernation take damage like the crystal is being shattered with the damage received.

These are all perfect concepts, you know. There many great concepts that could work 100 times better than what we currently have. Concepts that would keep the playstyle of shield but change it's viability.

But Devs have to kitten do something. We have no idea whether Shield is ever going to get changed no matter the ideas. We just don't know, and I feel like every thread trying to suggest solutions to Shield problems is just straight ignored.

I want Shield to work like FoN - Changing on Legend. If not, give us Warhorn, this could be nuts.

I sincerely love that Revenant is so different. Since everyw class with Shield can move while blocking - Rev could be the one with root. But make it worth the root.

Guys don’t forget shield 4 is a 5k heal aoe that can remove conditions, it’s a good healing skill at range, what needs to be addressed is the rebound effect, but cone would make it a worsen version of staff heal.

Alright so here is my idea. Could be cool~

! Shield 4: Resurgence. Call forth the power of glint and send out a massive burst around yourself; The burst of energy "BRANDS" enemies and causes them to take significantly more damage from the rev. The brand also cleanses conditions each time it ticks on allies and the revenant and heals for each condition consumed; Your allies are branded as well but this brand protects them and makes them take less damage from oncoming attacks and increases the benefits the Herald gives them. The revenant receives branding which lasts ten seconds and directly effects shield 5; This skill also knocks away enemies if they are close enough to the revenant.! Shield 5: Crystalline Hibernation. Root yourself in place and reflect all damage back to your attackers for a short time, If the heralds party has the brand from skill 4 then EVERYONE in the part gains the shield but only the herald is rooted in place. The buff resets and the brand becomes "Crystaline brand" which causes allies to reflect damage and heal off any conditions thrown onto them for twenty seconds.! Secondary skill name for shield 5(When you reactivate it.) Crystalline Rebirth: Upon time elapse or second activation the herald can emerge from the barrier and cause it to explode sending crystal shards hurtling into their enemies causing them to have their boons converted and conditions reflected. (The herald will still heal while within the barrier, for more than current but it will not be a secondary glint heal. I like the idea of it maybe being based on conditions being placed on them, so while it reflects damage the condition side of it heals the herald. Seems like something a crystal dragon would have perhaps~)! Minor trait for shield: Shield skills cause burning and heals for more while within Crystalline hibernation, Resurgence now causes the herald to glow with the power of glint and for a short time take on the form of her avatar offering THE HERALD alone alacrity and increased speed.! * Major trait for shield: While holding a shield the Herald will sprout branded crystals from their body which pulls mist energy into their physical form, the crystals increase the effects of shield skills by X amount and offers more utility for up-keep based skills. It also helps with maintaining energy and makes fact of nature offer your party "Brands" of your differing legends. (Shiro gets "jade branding", increasing speed and damage for your party. Mallyx offers "Branding of the tormented" Causing your party to reflect conditions back onto their attacks for five seconds. Jalis offers "Branding of stone" causing you to gain rune words upon your soul, granting you stability and retaliation for a short time. Ventari offers "Lifes brand" Causing allies and the herald to gain more health on heals, and purging conditions each pulses for five seconds, in which time it pulses five times. It also offers regeneration based on healing power.)

We have seen aurene can brand people and its assumed that since glint lived in the crystal desert and created a den for herself, she can brand things as well. I feel like this is a good way to bring in the theme of a crystal based dragon into the fold, they have the animations due to aurene. It would be cool for herald to reflect aurene and glint at least thematically as we have yet to see the brand, branded or any of the effects used outside of the story. Turn them blue and give some cool stuff the herald; Its meant to be a support/bruiser so make it that being a herald is about heralding glint. You channel her power and give more than just minor boons to your allies; Firebrand offers way more utility than we do currently as does druid and scourge to some respect. I however want glint to synergize well with all the legends at our disposal and offer each new toys to play with; So we could have ventari/glint, Mallyx/glint, shiro/glint and jalis/glint and all of them have something cool they could bring.

I think that’s making to much dps oriented :p and way to much pve theme on it, about reflect mechanics they don’t reflect full damage back but based o target power, so it would never reflect original damage ence why shield 5 should pulse aoe damage and bleed creeple at best when getting targeted.

For more than minor boons we have herald elite and renegade one for damage reducing and condi with icd, and renegade heal that is half of condi tick.

U have viable herald/jalis builds, herald/ventari, shiro will be some other elite with better purpose for it reason why some GS elite speck is needed, renegade is good with jalis, deamon, ventari.Revenant atm is the class with more viable builds in wich some can be quite strong.

Imo it’s not necessary to make herald be subpar with everyhing.

Altough I could agree put some damage output on shield 5.

@"Aeolus.3615" said:I think that’s making to much dps oriented :p and way to much pve theme on it, about reflect mechanics they don’t reflect full damage back but based o target power, so it would never reflect original damage ence why shield 5 should pulse aoe damage and bleed creeple at best when getting targeted.

For more than minor boons we have herald elite and renegade one for damage reducing and condi with icd, and renegade heal that is half of condi tick.

U have viable herald/jalis builds, herald/ventari, shiro will be some other elite with better purpose for it reason why some GS elite speck is needed, renegade is good with jalis, deamon, ventari.Revenant atm is the class with more viable builds in wich some can be quite strong.

I disagree but I mean white knights are white knights, I feel the changes mentioned would make it fun and make me pick up shield. As it stands now its trash; Like I couldn't care less about the healing when we have a dedicated fire-brand who out shines it. It needs to be good with a "Rev" theme because the rev has always been designed as a hybrid class, its not a master of any one thing. I see people all the time poo poo on changes that people want because it messes with their build (Necro staff, herald shield, hell guardian hammer, warrior hammer, necro daggers. ect) Im sorry this would mess with your build, but we are called a herald and we herald what exactly?

We need a theme and an imposing presences with glint as a stand-alone; The only reason I even take her over anything else is because her heal is so damn good competitively. Remove the heal; Id never touch herald we now have two support legends in the form of glint and kalla, which I feel is a bit much don't you think? I mean really our elite specs are supposed to change how we play true (Probably focus the rev into a specific role.) Well then why are both built around support? One of them needs changes to fill another roll, shield has always been a defensive item in the hands of the users we have of the weapon. Why not let herald have a Offensive support off-hand that keeps them in the fight and directly benefits their team-mates? Let herald be a bad-ass who has the cosmetics, to match the theme I mean we have a crystal dragon we are channeling, no crystals, nothing tied to the brand? Its animations are lack luster compared to some of the other elite specs and over-all she is really god for her heal but not much more. Most people swap once they activate the heal to the other legends and then back once the cool-down is done. Unless you're camping hammer in a zerg because then she is good to keep your might up.

I want revenant to stand out; The be unique its our only new class and probably the only new class that will ever be added to the game. They keep dunking mallyx in the pit of no return and tearing him apart; But the other legends (Jalis/glint/kalla) need a hard look at and need to be made better; Ventari had amazing changes and I want a rework/refocus for all the legends we have to make them good at what they are meant to do. Kalla and glint feel repetitive of one another, both are support just glint has better execution outside of raids because she lacks spirits.(IF they couldn't be cc'd and moved with you and were more annoying maybe we could of worked with it, but kalla in pvp/wvw sucks most people take her for her F skills. and her fervor/increases to power/shiro.)

Nice idea but Im afraid, rev is one of the "lesserclasses", so not much love. Some of your ideas are nice some of them are too strong I would guess. I wanna pick shield instead of sword/axe too, but it is weakest offhand we have, it's a shame that shield is in current state. Glint support legend have weapon with 1 selfish mediocre block and nonuseable aoe heal(slow projectile in game where speed matters, bugged, works 50% of the time, huge cast time for what it does).But imagine if they buff shield like that. And then ppl compare it to the shortbow(holy molly). Skills 2 and 3 dont hit moving targets, skill 4 cannot cast if something is on the ground etc. They would have to buff/remake/fix shortbow too to match with shield, so that are 2 weapons instead of 1 because ppl will complain. That is lot of resources/time for least played class.

And to the " two support especs".Thats a design issue.Core rev have heal ,condi, tanky and pdps legend. So logical step is give something that can works with all of them. So if new especs came, my bet is on another support class.

But back to the topic, every idea is better then shield in current state. And this looks nice.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

@"Aeolus.3615" said:I think that’s making to much dps oriented :p and way to much pve theme on it, about reflect mechanics they don’t reflect full damage back but based o target power, so it would never reflect original damage ence why shield 5 should pulse aoe damage and bleed creeple at best when getting targeted.

I disagree but I mean white knights are white knights, I feel the changes mentioned would make it fun and make me pick up shield. As it stands now its trash; Like I couldn't care less about the healing when we have a dedicated fire-brand who out shines it. It needs to be good with a "Rev" theme because the rev has always been designed as a hybrid class, its not a master of any one thing. I see people all the time poo poo on changes that people want because it messes with their build (Necro staff, herald shield, hell guardian hammer, warrior hammer, necro daggers. ect) Im sorry this would mess with your build, but we are called a herald and we herald what exactly?

Even just including the revenant, renegade probably makes for a better support healer than herald.

Broadly speaking, I think there's a point at which something is so infrequently used that there's little to be lost by rebuilding it from the ground up, as almost nobody is using it anyway. I don't think the other examples you give are in that category, but rev shield is certainly pretty close to it.

I would be inclined, however, to keep shield oriented towards buffing and defence over healing or DPS. Rev does already have good DPS offhand options, after all.

@draxynnic.3719 said:

Even just including the revenant, renegade probably makes for a better support healer than herald.

Broadly speaking, I think there's a point at which something is so infrequently used that there's little to be lost by rebuilding it from the ground up, as almost nobody is using it anyway. I don't think the other examples you give are in that category, but rev shield is certainly pretty close to it.

I would be inclined, however, to keep shield oriented towards buffing and defence over healing or DPS. Rev does already have good DPS offhand options, after all.

No one cares about support, rev hasn't been welcomed in that role even with the ventari changes. In reality Raids DONT matter; They are trash-can content for the elite who believe they acheive something above the average player. (There is no challenge to them, its just one giant damage sponge with two or so mechanics worthy of noting.) Their competitive play is basically the only flushed out enough end-game outside of living world and open world pve. Shield is worthless for all of those; Heck even herald is kinda trash at pve in general. It only shines in pvp and wvw because of the heal; Outside of that if we removed glints heal it would fall of substantially I mean look at kalla similar benefits but the legend itself sucks.

Everyone is against changes; But changes can lead to a class being more chosen over another by players looking for something new. The issue with Rev is that really its just borrowed aspects of other classes meshed together and then limited. Its got a cool idea behind it but its implementation was rushed and it remains unfinished; That much is evident but I still love it more than any of the other classes we have. (Could of loved necro, but this games necro is... eh. Guild wars 1 was much better toward that class in general...)

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

No one cares about support, rev hasn't been welcomed in that role even with the ventari changes. In reality Raids DONT matter; They are trash-can content for the elite who believe they acheive something above the average player. (There is no challenge to them, its just one giant damage sponge with two or so mechanics worthy of noting.) Their competitive play is basically the only flushed out enough end-game outside of living world and open world pve. Shield is worthless for all of those; Heck even herald is kinda trash at pve in general. It only shines in pvp and wvw because of the heal; Outside of that if we removed glints heal it would fall of substantially I mean look at kalla similar benefits but the legend itself sucks.

Everyone is against changes; But changes can lead to a class being more chosen over another by players looking for something new. The issue with Rev is that really its just borrowed aspects of other classes meshed together and then limited. Its got a cool idea behind it but its implementation was rushed and it remains unfinished; That much is evident but I still love it more than any of the other classes we have. (Could of loved necro, but this games necro is... eh. Guild wars 1 was much better toward that class in general...)

I'm sorry, you say Raids "DON'T" matter and yet you think your chosen game mode, sPvP, does? literally get over yourself

I'm sorry, you say Raids "DON'T" matter and yet you think your chosen game mode, sPvP, does? literally get over yourself

Well I kinda get his point, if you make something what works in pvp/wvw, you can adjust numbers CD,icd etc and it can still pretty nice work in PvE, but if you reverse that it will doesnt work. Even if spirits have huuge dps increase they still die ez(in pve this isnt the case cuz mobs deal pretty low dmg ), long casts etc. So at this I get his point. Renegade is just bad fur competetive pvp/wvw and great for pve endgame. So it is one mode espec, now look on rest of the 8 classes. Viable almost everywhere.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

Feels like you're just making a knee-jerk response here. I play more sPvP and don't care much about raids myself, and I was acknowledging that when a weapon gets to the point where it's basically unused it probably warrants a major rework.

(I do note, though, that some of the other weapons you've cited certainly ARE used in sPvP, so I don't think they're at that level.)

I would note, however, that revenant already has two DPS-oriented offhands - axe for condi, and sword for power. It doesn't need another damage-oriented offhand. Since release, in fact, the defensive qualities of revenant offhands have been stripped down - sword offhand no longer has a block, and shield has been nerfed multiple times to get to where it is now, and then the introduction of more unblockables was a deathblow. Before then, shield was often used - in sPvP - as a defensive offhand for revenant. Whatever rework is made, it should retain a more defensive nature so it performs a different function to axe and sword offhands rather than competing for the same function.

Well I kinda get his point, if you make something what works in pvp/wvw, you can adjust numbers CD,icd etc and it can still pretty nice work in PvE, but if you reverse that it will doesnt work. Even if spirits have huuge dps increase they still die ez(in pve this isnt the case cuz mobs deal pretty low dmg ), long casts etc. So at this I get his point. Renegade is just bad fur competetive pvp/wvw and great for pve endgame. So it is one mode espec, now look on rest of the 8 classes. Viable almost everywhere.

Not necessarily, if placed well: they're easily brought down if targeted, but most players focus on killing enemy PCs over temporary summons. Your observation also suggests a change that would make it more functional for sPvP at least: increasing the health of the summons.

Not necessarily, if placed well: they're easily brought down if targeted, but most players focus on killing enemy PCs over temporary summons. Your observation also suggests a change that would make it more functional for sPvP at least: increasing the health of the summons.

Well it have to be lot of hp added on my warrior im doing 10k by gs3 so 40k hp increase?

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

• Please make shield more effective as it is the core weapon for the elite, It's a shame that its almost completely useless in its current form.
  • Turn the bubble heal into a mobile field, perhaps even make it effect those around you and increase the size to guardian level but with rev theme. Allow it to heal for all the damage absorbed and be an AOE push-back similar to how ventari's tablet works with a fusion of its basic theme of being a bastion for allies.

This would make Heralds have 2 Get out of jail free card tho. :v Since Infusion of Light exists.

@draxynnic.3719 said:

They just need to remove root from shield 5 and make it a short readios effect as well.Does renegade healer beat the passive herald 1k per sec heals for 10 playerss ???

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:I think that’s making to much dps oriented :p and way to much pve theme on it, about reflect mechanics they don’t reflect full damage back but based o target power, so it would never reflect original damage ence why shield 5 should pulse aoe damage and bleed creeple at best when getting targeted.

They just need to remove root from shield 5 and make it a short readios effect as well.Does renegade healer beat the passive herald 1k per sec heals for 10 playerss ???

For 10 players, no, but Soulcleave Summit's DPS increase on top of healing is not to be sneezed at, nor is the extra Alacrity generation. I also don't think you're getting that purely out of Facet of Nature: Centaur, since that only pulses every three seconds and I find it hard to believe that you've got it to 3k per pulse. Soulcleave's Summit at ~1000 healing power is about 600 health per hit for allies in the effect.

Even setting the numbers aside, pure healing generally isn't what people are looking for. During the days of druid domination, a tempest could outheal a druid, but druids were preferred because they brought unique buffs to the table, while the buffs tempests could bring were the same as everyone else. Raid groups typically look for healers that also bring something else beyond simple bar-inflating.

Heralds built for healing just don't do this. Facet of Nature: Centaur is nice, but the boons provided by Dragon Stance are all commonly available (including on DPS-oriented heralds). You could go unorthodox and use Jalis or Mallyx instead of Glint, but extra damage reduction or a bit of extra resistance generally isn't what raid groups are after and even if it were, a DPS herald could do the job. If you're building for support, alacrigade simply provides a more complete package.

@draxynnic.3719 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:I think that’s making to much dps oriented :p and way to much pve theme on it, about reflect mechanics they don’t reflect full damage back but based o target power, so it would never reflect original damage ence why shield 5 should pulse aoe damage and bleed creeple at best when getting targeted.

For 10 players, no, but Soulcleave Summit's DPS increase on top of healing is not to be sneezed at, nor is the extra Alacrity generation. I also don't think you're getting that purely out of Facet of Nature: Centaur, since that only pulses every three seconds and I find it hard to believe that you've got it to 3k per pulse. Soulcleave's Summit at ~1000 healing power is about 600 health per hit for allies in the effect.

Even setting the numbers aside, pure healing generally isn't what people are looking for. During the days of druid domination, a tempest could outheal a druid, but druids were preferred because they brought unique buffs to the table, while the buffs tempests could bring were the same as everyone else. Raid groups typically look for healers that also bring something else beyond simple bar-inflating.

Heralds built for healing just don't do this. Facet of Nature: Centaur is nice, but the boons provided by Dragon Stance are all commonly available (including on DPS-oriented heralds). You could go unorthodox and use Jalis or Mallyx instead of Glint, but extra damage reduction or a bit of extra resistance generally isn't what raid groups are after and even if it
were,
a DPS herald could do the job. If you're building for support, alacrigade simply provides a more complete package.

Well I dont play pve, reason spike catching is needed.Tablet movement is arround 2k.Ventari passive f2 is arround 2k-3k heals every 3 sec for 10 players.Herald passive healing skills is close to 1k per sec regen.Shield and staff are 5k aoe heals.Tablet is a 10k heal to catch targets that got spiked and are at low health, it’s a good heal to drop arround those who got coughs on warrior bubble, detonate to kB warrior and cancel it’s bubble.

There’s way more that is possible to do with it....

I play another rev with renegade/mallyx that can do 40 torment stacks... decent heal and arround 600-700 vamp heals with its elite, but not my playstyle

Well I dont play pve, reason spike catching is needed.Tablet movement is arround 2k.Ventari passive f2 is arround 2k-3k heals every 3 sec for 10 players.Herald passive healing skills is close to 1k per sec regen.Shield and staff are 5k aoe heals.Tablet is a 10k heal to catch targets that got spiked and are at low health, it’s a good heal to drop arround those who got coughs on warrior bubble, detonate to kB warrior and cancel it’s bubble.

I play another rev with renegade/mallyx that can do 40 torment stacks... decent heal and arround 600-700 vamp heals with its elite, but not my playstyle

With Harrier amulet? I was testing Herald regen with marouder and Marshall and on regen on herald i dont see much difference. 1k is scifi to me ?. No need to say cast time of staff and shield4(here consider that 1 of 3 orbs dissapear with no offect if im not on flat ground.

With Harrier amulet? I was testing Herald regen with marouder and Marshall and on regen on herald i dont see much difference. 1k is scifi to me ?. No need to say cast time of staff and shield4(here consider that 1 of 3 orbs dissapear with no offect if im not on flat ground.

i dont have issues with them, each own play style to his own i guess : }, i really hate the heal spam on FB tho

U can have a bit more than 3 orbs :} i would say almost constant 5 orbs droping but requires some situations like interrupt finishing on ally.

Imo renegades are easiers to deal.. just send your ranger to pest them :\ if u have a decent one.

Btw i play 99% exclusivelly WvW on a small group (usually 10 wich is kinda kitten cause we hend figthing bigger groups, we play something really mixed, sometimes even comm plays full zerker), on this game, spvp is more towards troll and lear how do deal with how others play the gimmicks.

PS: i wont say what im using on wvw, to make 10 player arround 1k per sec regen cause its more than obvious.

Ps2: has a herald/ventari i would never use harrier amulet.. :\ since u dont need boon duration, has renegade only if i wanted to be a alacrity bot but i prefer other kinda of stats for it, the renegade elite is quite good.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

Heralds built for healing just don't do this. Facet of Nature: Centaur is nice, but the boons provided by Dragon Stance are all commonly available (including on DPS-oriented heralds). You could go unorthodox and use Jalis or Mallyx instead of Glint, but extra damage reduction or a bit of extra resistance generally isn't what raid groups are after and even if it
were,
a DPS herald could do the job. If you're building for support, alacrigade simply provides a more complete package.

Okay, let's work this out:

Using the metabattle build and assuming Cleric's, we have:

Healing Power: 63+47+141+47+94+47+63+110+110+157+126+126+250+250+175+18*5+100+120 = 2116

Boost to Outgoing Healing: 20+20+(HPx1.5/100)+10+10+10+(HPx0.6/100) = 114% (Note that multipliers in GW2 are usually additive - two 20% bonuses is usually a 40% bonus rather than a 42% bonus)

Facet of Centaur Heal = 471+(HPx0.4) = 1317.4Facet of Centaur Outgoing Heal = 1317.4 + 114% = 2825

Regeneration is 394.5, going to 896 with the outgoing healing boost.

This does require pretty close to ideal circumstances, though. Most of this is coming from things that are also available to the Kalla build as well, which I didn't take into account there. Soulcleave's Summit with this much healing power would be getting 809 per hit before outgoing heal multipliers, while Breakrazor provides a whopping 1850/second heal before outgoing healing modifiers at that healing power. A Ventari-Kalla healer still has the tablet movement, tablet pulse, and staff heals available (unless they choose not to use staff), so it's mostly a matter of comparing what Kalla brings to Facet of Centaur and the regeneration, and a Kalla healer a) might provide some regeneration anyway depending on build (although it's a shame that the tablet passively pulsing Regeneration got removed) and b) if it doesn't, it's not overlapping with anyone else's Regeneration.

I would concede that WvW probably does shift the balance away from a Kalla-based healer, since a dead spirit provides no healing. However, this is a fairly niche build, as are most remaining builds that use herald shield. There's a lot of precedent that things that end up as niche as herald shield has become get a rework, even if technically speaking there are people who are still using them. Heck, there have been things that are used much more than herald shield that ArenaNet has decided have become too niche and reworked - thief traps being the most recent example.

Herald also has a trait to provide boost to regen, I’m not full cleric but have some mixed since I’m a pleb hehehe, if I was full cleric on wvw would provide arround 1.1k or close to passive healing with heral healing facet passive in future I might try full cleric actually, Stack rune of the monk, sigil to boost output of healing.

The point of herald ventari is to take some pressure off the firebrands and catch’s spikes where firebrand can’t reach with the big heals.I played gvg on gw1 as a monk so this genra of support is preferred to me, and I love do e-management rather than play spambuils based.

Imo is a very underrated support bUild, dome to cut blockable range atacks on ally target, condi removal, mix some jalis hammer revs and u have a decent support to take some burden of the fb, my guild has been using this set up for a year and we manage to play really nice.

With all this much healing, it is understandable why shield 5 is personal defense, but... the root it’s a huge burden due how game works and behaves... shield 5 needs to be team wide.

Since shield is herald and herald is facets base mayyyyybe heral could have been reworked to facet style???

@"Aeolus.3615" said:Herald also has a trait to provide boost to regen, I’m not full cleric but have some mixed since I’m a pleb hehehe, if I was full cleric on wvw would provide arround 1.1k or close to passive healing with heral healing facet passive in future I might try full cleric actually, Stack rune of the monk, sigil to boost output of healing.

The point of herald ventari is to take some pressure off the firebrands and catch’s spikes where firebrand can’t reach with the big heals.I played gvg on gw1 as a monk so this genra of support is preferred to me, and I love do e-management rather than play spambuils based.

Imo is a very underrated support bUild, dome to cut blockable range atacks on ally target, condi removal, mix some jalis hammer revs and u have a decent support to take some burden of the fb, my guild has been using this set up for a year and we manage to play really nice.

With all this much healing, it is understandable why shield 5 is personal defense, but... the root it’s a huge burden due how game works and behaves... shield 5 needs to be team wide.

Since shield is herald and herald is facets base mayyyyybe heral could have been reworked to facet style???

I wonder. Maaaaybe Herald and Renegade could use a rework? :disappointed:I know it sounds silly but acutally, I wouldn't mind.

Imagine Herald + Shield and Renegade + Shortbow getting a rework. Like a perfect rework, without keeping their "identity (they don't have any)".