Nerf mesmer

geekiedude.4731

@"geekiedude.4731" said:remove all of its CCmesmer should not be allowed to stun at allits an illusionist it doesnt need stun

Don't forget to remove all superspeed from stealth, no reason they should move "faster" stealthed, they need to be slow to be quiet (that's ALL stealth).Oh, and warriors, don't forget to nerf/remove adrenal health, no reason they should get amazing regen while wearing heavy armor, and have all those blocks/invuls.Don't forget to remove all the boons, no reason a mesmer needs all those boons, while at it get ranger and engineer too. They have too many boons too.Also, remove conditions from every class but necro and ele, no reason other classes need those. Those should only be necro and ele.While at it, remove group heals from guardian, this was supposed to be a game where everyone was self-sufficient, group heals are a broken mechanic.-on a side note, remove all group healing and boon share/cleansing. Everyone can do everything, so no need for it since we should just dodge and use our personal heal.

I think this covers all the sarcasm needed in this thread...assuming this is sarcasm.

Mesmers shouldn't have the ability to cap points for their team. Infact they should cap for the enemy team.

Mesmers should permanently be afflicted with 5 stacks of torment and confusion for their poor choice in the character creation screen.

Magic bullet should have the option to bounce a fourth time but only to the caster that instagibs them with no down state.

Mirage should have an overheat bar like holo for evades and if they overheat their game should crash.

@TAIKA.1903 said:

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:Mesmer should create illusions of other stuff and not them self, like they can summon a fridge to drop on you, or summon a giant whale, at least the real mesmer can be targeted.

If you can't target or distinguish which one is real below 1 sec, that is your problem. It is really easy, please.

Who said I cant tell? I just said at least the real mes can be targeted.

Even seems when making a joke post people still take it all serious

The guy is right. It is an illusionist so it must only perform before the match where players should not get bored by waiting. He can make balloon animals, magically take a penny from your ear or cut his assisstant (another mesmer ofc) in half to amuse others.

@Briearios.8407 said:I find it funny the most annoying class in Gw1 is also the most annoying class in Gw2. Da irony :scream:

The irony lies in the fact that by dumbing down the game ANet shoo'ed away most skillful gw1 vets and attracted a bunch of people who should be playing with playdoh instead.Hence in gw1 no one cried about mes, except when Visions of Regret was op, and in gw2 people cry about mes since the game released.

@Briearios.8407 said:I find it funny the most annoying class in Gw1 is also the most annoying class in Gw2. Da irony :scream:

im surprised I thought necromancers were with all the corruption. People first cried about necros and when they got nerfed they started crying about other classes such as mesmers rangers holosmiths. Heck necro is the OG class that got complained about before any of the pof classes came out.

Also, I don-t know if mesmers should be nerfed anymore I mean they already got nerfed pretty hard.

@Axl.8924 said:

im surprised I thought necromancers were with all the corruption. People first cried about necros and when they got nerfed they started crying about other classes such as mesmers rangers holosmiths. Heck necro is the OG class that got complained about before any of the pof classes came out.

Also, I don-t know if mesmers should be nerfed anymore I mean they already got nerfed pretty hard.

You sure it wasn't DD cele ele?Maybe the ranger petting zoo build?Hambow?Or the infamous turret engie?

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

You sure it wasn't DD cele ele?Maybe the ranger petting zoo build?Hambow?Or the infamous turret engie?

Those too, but I wasn't around during a lot of those stuff before 2017

Pretty sure ele was the first class complained about to get where it is now. Thanks to troll builds videos (Daphoenix ,etc) at a time when people haven't discovered their dodge button, movement abilities, and thought red circles were purely cosmetic. Also RtL still being the only movement skill to get a cd penalty for doing what it is supposed to do, punishing disengagements, inciting melee range because so much HP and toughness shouldn't go to waste.

@Lagosta.9683 said:

@"Briearios.8407" said:I find it funny the most annoying class in Gw1 is also the most annoying class in Gw2. Da irony :scream:

The irony lies in the fact that by dumbing down the game ANet shoo'ed away most skillful gw1 vets and attracted a bunch of people who should be playing with playdoh instead.Hence in gw1 no one cried about mes, except when Visions of Regret was op, and in gw2 people cry about mes since the game released.

I don't know if Gw1 had a forums. Never visited it. I was so innocent back then but Mesmer was a problem in pvp. Hence why everyone pinged Mesmer as the must kill target. Visions of Regret was op but it wasn't the only thing. I had a random build back then with VOR, Backfire and I can't remember the other skills right now. I'd have to log into Gw1 and see if I can remember but basically it was a bunch of hexes on a target. I put them on a monk and he one shot himself because of VOR, Backfire and the other skills. I don't know if you recall the energy drain build? You drained a target's energy until it got to 0 and then killed them because they didn't have energy and weren't activating any skills. The angry pms and shouts I got in map chat. Even in hero battles on my Mesmer I fought a guy and he said "Good fight but you're an ass" because he couldn't do anything. I personally don't like Mesmer in Gw2. Would have loved if they brought over Mesmer from Gw1 into Gw2.

@Briearios.8407 said:

I don't know if Gw1 had a forums. Never visited it. I was so innocent back then but Mesmer was a problem in pvp. Hence why everyone pinged Mesmer as the must kill target. Visions of Regret was op but it wasn't the only thing. I had a random build back then with VOR, Backfire and I can't remember the other skills right now. I'd have to log into Gw1 and see if I can remember but basically it was a bunch of hexes on a target. I put them on a monk and he one shot himself because of VOR, Backfire and the other skills. I don't know if you recall the energy drain build? You drained a target's energy until it got to 0 and then killed them because they didn't have energy and weren't activating any skills. The angry pms and shouts I got in map chat. Even in hero battles on my Mesmer I fought a guy and he said "Good fight but you're an kitten" because he couldn't do anything. I personally don't like Mesmer in Gw2. Would have loved if they brought over Mesmer from Gw1 into Gw2.

GW had forums, not official ones, but most people gathered at GW guru.Targets were based by order of importance not by opness, monks were the first target, mesmers were targeted if too much pressure was put on monks, since mesmer arsenal was mainly anticaster.That build with VoR, backfire and probably wastrel's worry couldnt kill a good Monk, alone that is, and VoR was later nerfed so the damage wasn't stacked too high with backfire empathy and the likes.

Point is if mesmer in gw2 was gw1 type of mesmer these guys had ragequit long time ago. Echo+blackout for example meant perma-dazed. But you don't even need to get that far since mes was an interrupt machine, you would only cast whatever mesmer allowed, akin to counter spell blue deck in MtG.And this is something these play-doh guys don't understand.

Yeah. Those people that complain about mesmer would have probably played a Ele with meteorshower back then,and complain why the mesmer interupts it every time. Mesmer in Gw1 was awesome, now in Gw2 with the klones and shit its just garbage gameplay. I was honestly disappointed when i played the mesmer in Gw2 but pulled through. However it never came close to the Gw1 mesmer.