Does anet want us to quit the game for 2-3 weeks till next season?

Hex.8714

I don't get it either, it made me resub to WoW cuz I was bored and missed my paladin. Ya done goofed with this stupid dead time. No one plays pvp during offseason and those who do are just running troll builds and not playing to win so it ends up a clown fiesta more than pvp already is.

@"LolLookAtMyAP.8394" said:Get good and do ATs and theorycraft

There are zero things to theorycraft in the creative desert of a PvP scene. The playerbase only fires 7 neurons once a balance patch drops because reading those is all the skill anyone really needs in order to become the next flavor of the month meta god.

@Quadox.7834 said:Maybe change ranked queue to 2v2 queue in offseason. I.E. alternate 5v5 and 2v2 seasons.

That's what needs to happen, they need to make some short season in-between seasons that's something a bit different. Overall this game needs a massive overhaul to pvp. I have now finally come to the decision that I actually don't enjoy pve content in this game anymore since it's so repetitive and there isn't enough enjoyable content to play with anymore so I will now only be playing pvp in gw2, I imagine there are many in the same situation as me, it would be nice to see some work put into pvp to make it all more enjoyable on a day to day basis.

But then nothing will ever be done about this game, there were supposed to be more legionaries for pvp and how many years has that been going on? So it's no wonder they can't make any new maps or alternate new game modes during off season....

@Hex.8714 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:There is more to the game than just PvP, so people who want to do other things now have some time to do that. Also, you know, maybe some people just like having a break before it goes back to being sweaty.

So you re telling me that when the season is active you re locked out of pve/wvw and forced to do only spvp? I dont understand that logic. Why is there not a pve/raid season where players cannot join open world pve/ raids / wvw and have to wait 2 weeks. Why do they have to lock pvp players out of content for 2 weeks but not other game modes.

There is, every single day and every single week.

It's called daily fractals and weekly raid rewards.

I mean I wouldn't be opposed to a similar system for pvp. Allow only x progression per day, force people to play the entire season and beyond to get their rank and rewards. Somehow I'm not sure that's wht you had in mind though.