Buy Skyscale Mount Skin Shimmerwing / Locked Skyscale

Try not to confuse "I don't like that sort of thing" with "bad design."A lot of people liked the quests because of how it introduced the Mount as a character. Some didn't mind, because it's just another series of tasks and it's broken into manageable chunks. And some people were expected something else and put off by the total number of steps and amounts of mats/currency involved.

I'm sorry the OP isn't enjoying it. I fall into the middle camp: I did as much as I felt like each day and the called it a night. I didn't finish right away and it didn't take forever. I did like going back to old maps. I liked some of the reminders of past events.

I found the overlap of the first main collection tedious - first around to get Scales, then around to administer the Cure, then again around to pick up eggs.After that: perfectly fine knowing the materials needed for the last step.

I have sympathy for people who ran into that hurdle unprepared, as I respect trying to figure out content without guides. Taking that approach, however, must be done knowing that this game likes nested collections - either always do a quick check to get the overview of how much it's going to be, or be the patient type that isn't bothered by "oh so there was one more step?"

You're not alone. A lot of people found it tedious, repetitive and just plain uninspired. It felt more like a time gate than anything.Very unfortunate that they released it in the state it was in. It also gets worse, you'll need 250 of each S4 map currency; I don't know why on earth they did this while preventing you from earning exp towards the mastery, while you gather the currency via events. Oh wait, time gate.

@"Theros.1390" said:here's a little glimpse of what you'll be able to see when you will get your own Skyscale :

TBvpJHO.jpg

So go on, and courage.

where's that?

To OP. The skyscale is worth the work involved. It's a long quest, took me 3-4 weeks to get it. But I almsot only use the skyscale.Just work on it bit by bit, you'll get there and when you're done, you'll forget how much you didn't enjoy the journey as you have fun flying to those hard to reach places.

The skyscale is entirely optional, there is absolutely nothing in the game which requires it, so if you're not enjoying unlocking it and you don't think it's worth the effort you can skip it.

Personally I enjoyed most of the collections. I didn't like the steps where you find sick skyscales and eggs because there was absolutely no information available in-game except the sections of the map they were in, which left me with the prospect of a long and tedious search. It was especially jarring after the scale collection which had hints for each one that made it easier to know where to look.

But after that I thought it was fine, between the achievement info and talking to Gorrik I always had enough info to know what to do, even if I wasn't sure of the exact locations until I got there and started looking around. It is a long process with lots of steps, but I didn't mind that. It got boring for me when I got onto the saddle collection because I had very little of any of the map currencies, but I decided what would be reasonable for me to do each day and just did that, then spent the rest of my time doing other things I wanted to do.

It took me almost 2 months in total, with very patchy progress, but once it was done I had a mount I love using, so for me it was worth it.

I believe they did the repeat Dragonfall as many times as they did so you would truly know the map, thus making it easier to get episode achievements required for Vision as well as unlocking the vendor to buy the map currencies, and I didn't mind it but having all three 'tours' come one right after another was a bit much.

That said I personally liked the nested achievements. I liked having things to do. I also think they knew back then that it was going to be a long time between Dragonfall and LS5 so deliberately wanted it to take longer. Some like more time taken, a lot don't; either way the mount is totally worth it.

On the whole I enjoyed it. I felt like the 250 map currencies were a bit much. If I had been playing GW2 from the beginning of LW4 I'm sure that I would have had that currency just sitting in my bank. Instead I was popping back from a 6 year break at lw4 ch6 and that was my biggest hurdle.

The TaCO overlay with Tekkits markers made farming the currencies so much easier and this guide, made everything else simplehttps://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/brs41g/complete_skyscale_unlock_guide/

Given how much of an impact skyscale has had on my game play, the effort was worth the reward.

I completed the skyscale and the griffon and of the two the griffon was fantastic. All the lore and story intertwined in the quest to get the mount, made it feel like it was this epic journey. The skyscale was more of a grind because it sent you all over , then all over again and again without a deep story trail to really follow, so it became monotonous.