Skyscale mount skin Shimmerwing / Locked Skyscale

Anyone can buy a mount skin. It is sent to you as a token attached to the in-game mail and you can stick that token in your bank. And then some day, once you unlocked the skyscale, you can then use it.

Buuuuut.... I'm not seeing any skyscale skins in the Gem store right now. Maybe its a region thing (I'm in North East USA). I would like to be wrong. I don't want that skyscale skin but I am interested in others.

@EmmetOtter.8542 said:Anyone can buy a mount skin. It is sent to you as a token attached to the in-game mail and you can stick that token in your bank. And then some day, once you unlocked the skyscale, you can then use it.

Buuuuut.... I'm not seeing any skyscale skins in the Gem store right now. Maybe its a region thing (I'm in North East USA). I would like to be wrong. I don't want that skyscale skin but I am interested in others.

You can't buy mount skins if you don't own PoF. Or at least my second account which started off as a free one and was upgraded to the heroic edition can't. They're visible in the gem store but locked with a prompt to buy PoF first.

Also I think wardrobe unlocks will work even if you don't have access to the item it unlocks yet. When HoT was available for pre-order for some reason buying the Deluxe edition gave you all the items right away - including the glider skin. Double clicking the glider item in your inventory gave a notification that it was unlocked in the wardrobe, but then of course it was hidden because the glider category didn't show up until HoT was released, so everyone who did that just had to trust their new glider skin would be there when they unlocked gliding. Which is maybe why they restricted mount skin sales.