Drunk Scrapper Post 16th July Patch - Discussion

Ivantreil.3092

As soon as the patch hitted today, i had to make a re-analysis of the build to see how it faired with the new changes.

## So, what happened with this build?

Before patch: About a year ago, or so, the build received a significant nerf, with the removal of the condi cleanse effect of removing a condition each time you used an elixir in the Alchemical Tincture trait, making it not worth to run for the build, as the damage it dealt couldn't justify the vulnerability the build was exposed to after said patch.

I dropped it and moved on playing Core Grenadier.

After today's patch: The build received significant damage buffs, with the new trait Object In Motion, giving a consistent 10% damage output increase (Sometimes 15%, yes, the bulls has access to superspeed, not much, but it's something) and a flat +200 power damage increase to the buffed Applied Force.

It seemed overall a good attempt since the build didn't care about the nerfs received (except the F5 loss :/ ).

This build doesn't care about hammer related traits nor gyro related traits.

And the build doesn't care about that -300 vit nerf as this Scrapper version was already a glass build to begin with.

Used the standard traits:

Alchemy – 1 – 2 – 1

Tools – 2 – 2 – 2 (Firearms or Explosives yet to be tested)

Scrapper – 3 – 3 – 3

Rifle.

Rune was Leadership.Amulet was Seeker's.

Sigil was Separation & Enhancement.

My first impressions (so far), is, that dam, that damage buff i can totally notice it, a Standard rifle 4 - 5 - 3 combo almost depletes your opponent's hp, and the aa (what you are gonna be using 90% of the time) was hitting consistently 2k numbers per aa against meta builds.

The build was tested in Plat 1 matches, 3 losses and 2 wins as first impressions, even with the lost matches i felt i did a good performance nonetheless, more practice is required after a big absence that's for sure.

So:

1.The new damage output can certainly justify the condi vulnerability, also Elixir U's toolbelt has done a good job as a disengager so far, still, be smart and keep your distance.

1. Hip Shot's track nerf was irrelevant, it's still accurate enough and still tracks well, we exaggerated this nerf.

2. The Rampage mode, holy numbers, it's more powerful than i have ever seen it, and even greater comeback skill if it wasn't already.

That's my conclusions so far, i plan to make more dept analysis within this week with other variants, seeing which holds better.

And I'll dust off the metabattle's website of this build, feel free to put your cents if you have tested it as well.

Edit: Ah, just in case it wasn't obvious, Skill set is Elixir H, S, B, U & X, my bad :P

Edit 2:

The build has been updated and up with footage, feel free to leave your rating and your variants of the build over there! :P

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Scrapper_-_Drunk_Engineer

I have a hammer variant I HIGHLY recommend trying if only for the lulz. It's incredibly amusing to turn a "tank" spec into a bursting monstrosity. I'm regularly hitting 8k on electro-whirl, 3-5k on autoattack crits, and 3-5k on rocket leap.

HammerSigil of Enhancement + Sigil of Purging (up for better options)Seeker AmmyRune of Strength

Healing Turret - Elixir U - Elixir B - Elixir S - Sneak Gyro

Alch 2-2-1Explosives 2-2-1Scrapper 3-3-3

Use stealth liberally to pop out of nowhere and smack people. If they run, use throw elixir U or one of your combos from sneak gyro/heal turret. You can also use the function gyro field too.

This thing is goofy as hell, but I am surprising a lot of people.

@"Vagrant.7206" said:I have a hammer variant I HIGHLY recommend trying if only for the lulz. It's incredibly amusing to turn a "tank" spec into a bursting monstrosity. I'm regularly hitting 8k on electro-whirl, 3-5k on autoattack crits, and 3-5k on rocket leap.

HammerSigil of Enhancement + Sigil of Purging (up for better options)Seeker AmmyRune of Strength

Alch 2-2-1Explosives 2-2-3Scrapper 3-3-3

Use stealth liberally to pop out of nowhere and smack people. If they run, use throw elixir U or one of your combos from sneak gyro/heal turret. You can also use the function gyro field too.

hehe Ninja Plumber

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

@"Vagrant.7206" said:I have a hammer variant I HIGHLY recommend trying if only for the lulz. It's incredibly amusing to turn a "tank" spec into a bursting monstrosity. I'm regularly hitting 8k on electro-whirl, 3-5k on autoattack crits, and 3-5k on rocket leap.

hehe Ninja Plumber

"Surprise Mechanic"

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

hehe Ninja Plumber

Super Mario?

I played druken engineer sometimes during HoT in wvw roaming and now i tried again and i was surprised how well that build worked.I was able to take down targets within seconds and even 1v2 was possible but exhausting. Its pretty easy in small groups to focus down single targets.Barrier gain is very strong when u are able to hit blunderbuss and jumpshot, but i was also pretty fragile, the -300 vit is noticeable...

Armor and weapons are diviner stats, and trinkets are zerker. I use santuary runes, sigil of force and sigil of strentgh. All together I have +70% boon duration.Tools 2-3-2, Alchemy 2-2-1, Scrapper 3-3-3. Heal turret, Elixir U+B+S and Stealth gyro

Edit: after some hours of this build i switched back to elixir holo and i felt like a god. holo still performs a lot better with less effort

been trying this and had some decent success in high gold-low plat. Made 2 chances: took courage sigil (not really necessary but more constant 25 might) and changed elite to mortar kit. Mortar allows you to have a lot more presence in teamfights, you can easily turn 1 downed state into 3-4 downstates with mortar kit pressure, and you also get a lot more combo fields to get superspeed from.

• 3 weeks later...

Update!

I've been busy this week, but i finally got some time for myself :pensive:

Here are the results of Drunk Scrapper this Season 17:

Games Played: 125Games Won: 71

Final Rating: 1,604 (Plat 2 Rating, Barely :P)

Final Ranking: Spot 128

![so Close...](https://i.imgur.com/VIUibaj.png '''')

Best Rating: 1,632Best Ranking: Spot 101

I was this close from being inside in the top 100, and i jinxed it the last day of the season with a double loss, against a well prepared duo :/

Overall, i can't complain about the results, there is the potential, but for a Tier 2 build, the results prove to be good.