Is power chrono still good for pve? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Is power chrono still good for pve?

Axl.8924Axl.8924 Member ✭✭✭✭

I want to check out Mesmer but afraid after all the nerfs to Mesmer.

The classes I was playing the most were:Necromancer elementalist and mesmers with chronomancer for pve.

Here is my list of characters i got so far:

Elementalist 80 with tempest:Talman nul
Necromancer 80 with reaper:Zex vokar
Mesmer level 80 no chrono yet:Klanga voosh.
Level 80 Ranger with druid spec Jedkhan.

Comments

  • Donn.9024Donn.9024 Member ✭✭
    edited August 6, 2019

    In PvE - still usefull
    In PvP - i dont know
    In WvW ZvZ - boring, broken class (there are better classes for squad)
    In WvW Roamer - i thing still usefull (mirage certainly)

  • Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭

    @Axl.8924 said:
    I want to check out Mesmer but afraid after all the nerfs to Mesmer.

    The classes I was playing the most were:Necromancer elementalist and mesmers with chronomancer for pve.

    it was on par with other dps, mb slightly worse. now it got nerfed, add 1 and 1 together.

  • yusayu.3629yusayu.3629 Member ✭✭✭

    Power Chrono is pretty good, at least in raids although it's outclassed by Weaver. The rotation is fast-paced and a lot of fun, compared to a snoozefest like DGH for example.

    In optimal fractal groups it's outclassed by DGH and Weaver, though. The burst just takes too long.

  • Noodle Ant.1605Noodle Ant.1605 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 6, 2019

    It’s still good in openworld due to self buffing against vets and higher, otherwise core mes for trash mobs + panic buttons (or if you don’t use Csplit burst).

    Fractals/dungeons, it’s theoretically not very good at all, but it’s the best power mes build and manages to hold on if boss doesn’t phase and dies not too fast but not too slow (as the Csplit burst ends) to hide your pitiful sustained damage. Self buffing means that it still ‘looks good’ in pug groups even though it’s actually not meta-wise.

    Raids, nothing really changed as long as you demand other players to apply slow for you. Otherwise, it’s now a pretty bad spec to bring for dps since you have other specs simply dishing out 30% more than you are.

    pChrono (main), cWeaver and pReaper. An asura who likes snowflakes.

  • Daniel Handler.4816Daniel Handler.4816 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Noodle Ant.1605 said:
    It’s still good in openworld due to self buffing against vets and higher, otherwise core mes for trash mobs + panic buttons (or if you don’t use Csplit burst).

    Fractals/dungeons, it’s theoretically not very good at all, but it’s the best power mes build and manages to hold on if boss doesn’t phase and dies not too fast but not too slow (as the Csplit burst ends) to hide your pitiful sustained damage. Self buffing means that it still ‘looks good’ in pug groups even though it’s actually not meta-wise.

    Raids, nothing really changed as long as you demand other players to apply slow for you. Otherwise, it’s now a pretty bad spec to bring for dps since you have other specs simply dishing out 30% more than you are.

    Power chrono in raids is very weird. It's either not taken at all or its makes up half the squad.

  • Noodle Ant.1605Noodle Ant.1605 Member ✭✭✭

    @Daniel Handler.4816 said:
    Power chrono in raids is very weird. It's either not taken at all or its makes up half the squad.

    Yes, because a pchrono comp removes the need for boon chrono since it can supply perma quickness and slow by coordinating Timewarp whilst dealing higher-than-average dps. Remove one pchrono for another dps however, another pchrono has to swap for boon chrono to maintain uptimes, removing the advantage of running the other comp (because now you have 1 less dps).

    Slow uptime needs to be maintained for Danger Time, the one trait that makes pchrono a viable dps, and now also for Split Second. Danger Time is so busted that pchrono only needs somwhere under 20% slow uptime for Danger Time to perform at or better than the other two options.

    A previous plea to address Danger Time, which would now be highly reasonable considering the current performance of power mesmer builds who can't make use of the trait.

    pChrono (main), cWeaver and pReaper. An asura who likes snowflakes.

  • Xion.5694Xion.5694 Member ✭✭

    For general purpose open world dungeons and fractals its not. It feels extremally clunky and slow in comparison to other professions/specializations.
    I'd said that power mirage is the only option that can muster decent dps and surability in general pve.

  • YtseJam.9784YtseJam.9784 Member ✭✭✭

    @Xion.5694 said:
    For general purpose open world dungeons and fractals its not. It feels extremally clunky and slow in comparison to other professions/specializations.
    I'd said that power mirage is the only option that can muster decent dps and surability in general pve.

    pretty much, recent nerf made it slooooow and survivability = 0. not worth trying right now

  • calb.3128calb.3128 Member ✭✭✭

    @Xion.5694 said:
    For general purpose open world dungeons and fractals its not. It feels extremally clunky and slow in comparison to other professions/specializations.
    I'd said that power mirage is the only option that can muster decent dps and surability in general pve.

    Even Mirage (though I don’t quite understand why) feels far more vulnerable in open world than it used to. I was about to switch back to Chrono to freshen things up... but I’m minded to just bench my Mesmer for a little while. :/

  • @calb.3128 said:

    @Xion.5694 said:
    For general purpose open world dungeons and fractals its not. It feels extremally clunky and slow in comparison to other professions/specializations.
    I'd said that power mirage is the only option that can muster decent dps and surability in general pve.

    Even Mirage (though I don’t quite understand why) feels far more vulnerable in open world than it used to. I was about to switch back to Chrono to freshen things up... but I’m minded to just bench my Mesmer for a little while. :/

    For open world, I'm playing condi Mirage and love it. Certainly more than I did chronomancer, even before the nerf bat hit it. She's in (almost - getting last couple of pieces) full Viper gear and runs with axe/ torch and staff, and can really get in there and kill things quickly, usually without getting hit herself.

  • Axl.8924Axl.8924 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 11, 2019

    When I played a little I did die a little more than I used to, but some of that could be I haven't played in a while and im rusty as chronomancer.

    Here is my list of characters i got so far:

    Elementalist 80 with tempest:Talman nul
    Necromancer 80 with reaper:Zex vokar
    Mesmer level 80 no chrono yet:Klanga voosh.
    Level 80 Ranger with druid spec Jedkhan.

  • Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Axl.8924 said:
    When I played a little I did die a little more than I used to, but some of that could be I haven't played in a while and im rusty as chronomancer.

    Chrono has taken a sustain hit from having to have clones to shatter. Less an issue in PvE where the AI usually doesn't target your clones specifically, but in WvW / PvP it's rendered the class all but useless.

    How many times we gotta tell you GRIND IS NOT CONTENT there ANet?

    Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], [RaW][TACO] Alliance, Kaineng.

  • Engal.6359Engal.6359 Member ✭✭✭

    For raids/fractals - its dps and support is fine

    Open world - anything works.

    For pvp - dont waste your time

    For wvw - it got even more dead than before

    revertchrono

  • @whoeverxwins.1279 said:

    @calb.3128 said:

    @Xion.5694 said:
    For general purpose open world dungeons and fractals its not. It feels extremally clunky and slow in comparison to other professions/specializations.
    I'd said that power mirage is the only option that can muster decent dps and surability in general pve.

    Even Mirage (though I don’t quite understand why) feels far more vulnerable in open world than it used to. I was about to switch back to Chrono to freshen things up... but I’m minded to just bench my Mesmer for a little while. :/

    For open world, I'm playing condi Mirage and love it. Certainly more than I did chronomancer, even before the nerf bat hit it. She's in (almost - getting last couple of pieces) full Viper gear and runs with axe/ torch and staff, and can really get in there and kill things quickly, usually without getting hit herself.

    What runes do you use? Nightmare?

  • @hasla.9214 said:

    @whoeverxwins.1279 said:

    @calb.3128 said:

    @Xion.5694 said:
    For general purpose open world dungeons and fractals its not. It feels extremally clunky and slow in comparison to other professions/specializations.
    I'd said that power mirage is the only option that can muster decent dps and surability in general pve.

    Even Mirage (though I don’t quite understand why) feels far more vulnerable in open world than it used to. I was about to switch back to Chrono to freshen things up... but I’m minded to just bench my Mesmer for a little while. :/

    For open world, I'm playing condi Mirage and love it. Certainly more than I did chronomancer, even before the nerf bat hit it. She's in (almost - getting last couple of pieces) full Viper gear and runs with axe/ torch and staff, and can really get in there and kill things quickly, usually without getting hit herself.

    What runes do you use? Nightmare?

    Yes, using Nightmare runes.

  • What is the best alternative until I have them?

  • Henrik.7560Henrik.7560 Member ✭✭✭

    Strong on certain bosses and has higher potential and is more complicated than over powered face roll nonsense like dh and dd

    [eA] Sakura | Kaineng

  • its worse in almost every aspect then other classes, but you can still play it, its just worse then competition.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.