dont get rid of duo queue

jbondo.9817

This game was so much better when 5 queue was a thing.

1. You could queue with your friends instead of getting forced to play with a very whiny, just bad player base.
  2. Getting queued against another 5man queue was entertaining, and provided an actual scene for this game. Certain 5m stacks were known and it was very competitive.
  3. Duo queueing into against a 5 man queue and still winning was a great feeling and winning those matches gave a lot more of a reward than whatever you get from the season.
  4. Going on winstreaks amounted in playing other stacks and it if you were knocked off by one 5 man, you were going to queue against a lower ranked 5m the next match. (was very cool)
  5. Pro 5m stacks would queue and sniping it and playing against players who had won money off the game was crazy, and also built growth from playing against them.
  6. Sometimes 2 pro players would queue together and just wipe out all of the 5m queues that were queueing at the time, it was pretty cool.

Honestly when it was removed a large of amount of players quit, a shit ton of my friends quit, because they couldn't queue with their friends. They had to queue with people that they have no interest in queueing with. If you're tired of losing to the same duo queue, maybe form your own, pay attention to what these duo queues do and go from there. When it was a five man thing there was more personality to it, you knew which members of that 5stack would be easier to kill, and there were a lot of dimensions to it, and you didn't have to be pro to figure it out and it provided growth and challenge. The duo queue does as well, but you're all too focused on getting your pvp l00t that you're not at all focused on improving at the game. So being casual about it, and not wanting to improve, but to remove something that is challenging to you is once again dumbing down the mode, and will probably chase off more people.

I'm so sick and tired of this, "this content is challenging to me please remove it" mindset.

What we need are:

1) 5v5 solo queue (ranked)Because duoing breaks this mode.

2) 2v2 queue (same button for both solo and duo, also ranked)This is what you can play with your friend.

3) 5v5 full team queue (also ranked)So we can have actual teams again.

4) ATs (maybe more frequently)mAT for high level teams to show off. ToL included. Swiss is mostly here.

5) Community tournaments (1v1, 3v3, core only etc)For extra fun.

6) Unranked you can queue with 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5For quick fun.

You can play unranked with up to 4 friends.

In the long run, I agree that the new tournaments need to come. It's been like this for 2 years now. Then we can seperate randomly sized unranked queue, solo LB ranked queue and competitive full team queue for swiss ATs.

Serious 2on2 would be interesting, but hard to balance and become stale quickly. But for fun? Yeah, add it, make it random like unranked (or add another swiss queue for it).

Your last sentence wasn't really necessary, because it absolutely does not add anything but an insult.

@Megametzler.5729 said:You can play unranked with up to 4 friends.

In the long run, I agree that the new tournaments need to come. It's been like this for 2 years now. Then we can seperate randomly sized unranked queue, solo LB ranked queue and competitive full team queue for swiss ATs.

Serious 2on2 would be interesting, but hard to balance and become stale quickly. But for fun? Yeah, add it, make it random like unranked (or add another swiss queue for it).

Your last sentence wasn't really necessary, because it absolutely does not add anything but an insult.

It's very necessary when a-net has been to listening and catering to that same crowd for the last 2 years.

2v2 tdm or just tdm would ruin circlequest and all the time put into the maps. Sadly that's the only reason we haven't had a 2v2 que or even tdm que.

Forcing everyone to play circlequest for this long now since launch has made the game beyond stale.

Ranked teams or 2v2 que ranked or unranked would bring many people back.

@jbondo.9817 said:

@"Megametzler.5729" said:You can play unranked with up to 4 friends.

It's very necessary when a-net has been to listening and catering to that same crowd for the last 2 years.

Not even a word about unranked? Okay. I am sick of this "i want to get carried to titles by teamspeak" mindset.

Swiss is needed and could solve the whole matter, it seems like it's not worked on anymore though. If I read "soon" one more time...

@Megametzler.5729 said:

Not even a word about unranked? Okay. I am sick of this "i want to get carried to titles by teamspeak" mindset.

Swiss is needed and could solve the whole matter, it seems like it's not worked on anymore though. If I read "soon" one more time...

there is never any competition in unranked. competition is generally in ranked. i didn't want to reply because i thought that would be obvious. for some reason that last sentence in OP has you really shook up. LOL.

I don't think anyone actually wants to lose the option to queue with their friends, and removing DuoQ in its current form isn't an argument to take that option away.

Merged queues have no place in that game. They're the reason people even entertain the idea of removing DuoQ, because that's what DuoQ is right now; a merged queue. Just stop mixing high-rated coordinated teams with average SoloQ players, and I can almost guarantee that each side will no longer complain as much.

@Tayga.3192 said:What we need are:

2) 2v2 queue (same button for both solo and duo, also ranked)This is what you can play with your friend.

4) ATs (maybe more frequently)mAT for high level teams to show off. ToL included. Swiss is mostly here.

Nah man 2v2 should be solo/duo queue and team queue should be mixed. (Matchmaking purposes... whos gunna fill an empty slot on a 4 man premade for example)

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Nah man 2v2 should be solo/duo queue and team queue should be mixed. (Matchmaking purposes... whos gunna fill an empty slot on a 4 man premade for example)

I played a game of conquest where both teams had 1 dc each, so it was 4 v 4.

One of the funnest games I have played in a while.

I think the 5th wheel needs to go.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

Ive had quite a few 4v4s in the past and each one of them was three times as fun and everything I did felt like it had more of an impact on the game.

@jbondo.9817 said:

there is never any competition in unranked. competition is generally in ranked. i didn't want to reply because i thought that would be obvious. for some reason that last sentence in OP has you really shook up. LOL.

Ehh unranked led is way .ore competitive because with "ranked" wintrade wars makes every game a 4v5 or 5v4. Once your high plat it gets bad with random "disconnects", random walkers and afks.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Ive had quite a few 4v4s in the past and each one of them was three times as fun and everything I did felt like it had more of an impact on the game.

That is actually not a bad idea.