in twitch.Why are there few people watching Guild Wars 2?

Well op its because wow holds competitive tournaments, with big prizes at stake. You have the arena championships , the MDI dungeon internationals, the top spot for worlds first boss defeats. Many of those with large dollar prize pools. There is a lot of competition in wow at the higher end of game play, that makes for people that like pvp/raiding/ dungeons to have something to cheer on.

I have watched the arena tournaments and the commentators and play callers do a fantastic job of calling the play by plays. It fun to watch people good at what they do. I could never play like that, but i like seeing others do it. Watching them counter a setup that would have killed me, or be the first to take down a mythic level boss, or run a perfect mythic dungeon in record time. WoW has a very casual base, and it also has a hard core base, and lots of the people that will never do the high end stuff like to cheer on their favorites that do.

@knomslayer.9457 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:After seeing threads like these, I believe it has to do with the toxicity of the players and I’m not referring to the elitists.

what do you mean? are you trying to say toxicity is the cause of low viewership for gw2? hmm

With how toxic a percentage of the player base are towards streamers. Look at this thread and the Teapot one a few weeks ago.

Also with how toxic a percentage of the player base are in regards to more coordinated content of the game which tends to be more enjoyable to watch.

@knomslayer.9457 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:After seeing threads like these, I believe it has to do with the toxicity of the players and I’m not referring to the elitists.

what do you mean? are you trying to say toxicity is the cause of low viewership for gw2? hmm

Yes!, Toxicity is the cause and will always be the cause of low viewership for gw2 including Ncsoft financial earning report declines

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:With how toxic a percentage of the player base are towards streamers. Look at this thread and the Teapot one a few weeks ago.

Also with how toxic a percentage of the player base are in regards to more coordinated content of the game which tends to be more enjoyable to watch.

It's really unfortunate that this so called "welcoming community" can be so toxic and offensive against anything they just don't understand and/or like.

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:GW2 is a visual mess

+1

Oh yeah that hit it on point. Its a visual migraine, they seriously need to put in an option to mute spell effects from players. I cant even see the boss aoes because of all the other clusterfark going off on the screen. Its not clean at all. Its why i hate large group fights and raid bosses.

Simply not being interested is toxic? I do watch twitch streams, but not GW2 streams. Im just not interested. Should I go pretend to be interested and watch, even if I actually rather be watching or doing something else?Don't get me wrong, it would be wonderful if streamers did alright, for the streamer anyway. Im not against streamers or their streams. But you can't force intrest.

@Zeefa.3915 said:

Simply not being interested is toxic? I do watch twitch streams, but not GW2 streams. Im just not interested. Should I go pretend to be interested and watch, even if I actually rather be watching or doing something else?Don't get me wrong, it would be wonderful if streamers did alright, for the streamer anyway. Im not against streamers or their streams. But you can't force intrest.

There's a difference from being simply not interested and how people have acted on these threads.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

There's a difference from being simply not interested and how people have acted on these threads.

There's a heck of an echo chamber on these forums (in just about all forums, really.) It seems to be intensifying. Any dissent and you're jumped on.

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:If we keep investigating this topic, we will discover the main players of GW2 are ....dun dun dun...older adults.

Where is this "statistic" coming from? There are plenty of adults who play WoW and other MMORPGs...

Keep in mind, Warcraft is a 25 year old franchise, with WoW alone being 15 years old.

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:If we keep investigating this topic, we will discover the main players of GW2 are ....dun dun dun...older adults.

Where is this "statistic" coming from? There are plenty of adults who play WoW and other MMORPGs...

Keep in mind, Warcraft is a 25 year old franchise, with WoW alone being 15 years old.

Statistic?

More like intuition.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:If we keep investigating this topic, we will discover the main players of GW2 are ....dun dun dun...older adults.

Statistic?

More like intuition.

Well then I'd have to suggest that your intuition is...incorrect.

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:If we keep investigating this topic, we will discover the main players of GW2 are ....dun dun dun...older adults.

Statistic?

More like intuition.

Why?

GW is a going on 15 year old franchise. Even the preteens are goin on 30 now.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

Statistic?

More like intuition.

Why?

GW is a going on 15 year old franchise. Even the preteens are goin on 30 now.

Right...the same with WoW. So how does that make GW2 any different and therefore lend credence to age being a factor?