ERP 3 Hype!

Competitors will go head to head as they tackle a simple but uncompromising ruleset: Nine-manning the raids, including all challenge motes, with no downstate.

A panel of talented casters, artists, and community members have pulled out all the stops to make this year’s ERP a truly riveting spectacle. Witness the raids as you’ve never seen them before and don’t miss Guild Wars 2 history in the making.

Interested in supporting the tournament? It’s not too late! Follow these links to learn more:

Matcherino!

tl;drWhat: The Elitist Raiding Party PvE Raid TournamentWhere: https://www.twitch.tv/mightyteapotWhen: August 24th 4 PM BST and 25th 4 PM BST (links show different timezones)Rewards:

• $2,800+
  • 30,000 gems
  • 150,000+ gold.

See you there :)

• 2 weeks later...

@Awesumness.1823 said:

@Shadowmoon.7986 said:Why is this not being promoted anywhere on anets officials channels? This seems to be pulling in alot of viewers atm.

The spectators are using a camera tool to get that incredible production quality. Supposedly Anet will not support any community events using such tools.

The camera app is amazing, it shows what can be done with this game, the app really allows people to see parts of the fight ( and it also remove the spam from stacking on a boss )

Currently the event has just under 5k viewers, not bad for a community only driven event, shame hes leaving the game in a few days.

@Ok I Did It.2854 said:

@Shadowmoon.7986 said:Why is this not being promoted anywhere on anets officials channels? This seems to be pulling in alot of viewers atm.

The spectators are using a camera tool to get that incredible production quality. Supposedly Anet will not support any community events using such tools.

The camera app is amazing, it shows what can be done with this game, the app really allows people to see parts of the fight ( and it also remove the spam from stacking on a boss )

Currently the event has just under 5k viewers, not bad for a community only driven event, shame hes leaving the game in a few days.

Not bad lol? When was the last time a gw2 pulled multiple thousand viewers.

@Ok I Did It.2854 said:

I doubt he was being serious XD

Its to bad it won't be promoted, the wing mechanic explanations before the match is so nice. This would help new raiders learn the encounters and get them into raiding. Its to bad they could not get permission, its seem like it doesn't violate anet 3rd party stance with no ingame advantage. This looks better than what their actual marketing puts together for w7. I mean this could have been a "The Wizard" moment for anet marketing, with a big reveal at the end of the event to target the hardcore audience that currently feels really neglected. But then I remember this is the same marketing team that brought us the springer "aaahhhhhhhhhhh" banner.

That camera tool is amazing. Best view of raid's I've ever seen. Truly it would be helpful to have such a tool in game for players first learning a fight/seeing mechanics etc.

I've been raiding in a weekly static for years, but some of the camera perspectives offered by that camera were really surprising and eye opening. I had never seen such a zoomed out view of the arena before, and seeing the whole fight in one image changes your comprehension of the arena a bit. In particular qadim 2.0's arena. Anyone trying to learn about raid encounters, the videos on teapot's channel are a great tool.

Pros:

• Camera tool
  • Introduction via camera tour of the wings before the battles
  • Mechanic explanation (to a certain point)
  • Very much to laugh due to ridiculous mistakes by "elite" players which leads to the general point of being
  • Entertaining

Cons:

• Mechanic explanation windows change too fast during the wing introduction video
  • "Elitists" also haven't learned from the last ERP a.k.a. playing safe and win the game. Hello? The task is to win the championship. They rather die than dodge or using safety nets (builds & classes) so it's unfortunately we don't see the "best guilds" although it's entertaining (see Pros above)
  • It seems the camera tool sometimes absorbs/swallows mechanics. So, there are situations where you think "Oh, that's gg." but it was just a visual bug due to the tool (for example Desmina walls, Deimos' pizza)
  • Teapot (I still don't like him no matter what he has done for the community). Good stuff that especially Nike is with him + others but fly Roy to the moon please, ty.

Overall the viewers love to see the failures which is the most exciting part in this tournament. I think that's also one of the biggest problems in the game with raids: We have too few of them and alltogether they are too easy for the veterans so you need extra challenges to have it spicy. One poster wrote it in another thread: It's comparable to the past when we only had dungeons and the speed run scene suffered a lot + creating own challenges. Sad but Anet is just too small to solve all the construction sites (PvE in general, dungeons, fractals, PvP & WvW).

@Nephalem.8921 said:

@Magnus Godrik.5841 said:Im sorry but watching people raid in this game is so boring. Not even the enthusiasm of the host can help that. 1000 views, yeah that just proves it. Not hype just misery.

It had a few thousand views. Already more than all pvp tournaments.It's still just a drop in the ocean. The very fact that it is considered to have a big viewing at those numbers speaks volumes.

@zinkz.7045 said:

@Magnus Godrik.5841 said:Im sorry but watching people raid in this game is so boring. Not even the enthusiasm of the host can help that. 1000 views, yeah that just proves it. Not hype just misery.

It had a few thousand views. Already more than all pvp tournaments.

Not really, the most a PvP tourney had was 15k.

Was that the Anet organiyed one, that had Ads of it everywhere or a community one?