Are ANET devs going to Fix chrono ?

Hiraga Taichiru.1580

in 5 days from now, it will be a full month since the last update which nerfed chrono. Are ANET devs going to fix/rework the chrono E-spec? or not ??they at least should inform their players of their plans.... if they won't fix/rework the class, then it should be easy to leave the game, however don't waste our time whilst you don't plan on doing anything for this class.Really, I should be expecting one of Anet devs to write something here.Thanks

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Hiraga Taichiru.1580 said:in 5 days from now, it will be a full month since the last update which nerfed chrono. Are ANET devs going to fix/rework the chrono E-spec? or not ??they at least should inform their players of their plans.... if they won't fix/rework the class, then it should be easy to leave the game, however don't waste our time whilst you don't plan on doing anything for this class.Really, I should be expecting one of Anet devs to write something here.Thanks

is it possible to tag anet/specific devs? on something like this we should have clear answear from Anet, are they, or are they not going to change/rework chronomancer.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@"ArenaNet Team.4819"Something like that?I would also know if Mirage going to get the same unfair treatment like chronomancer, make it unplayble trash with double trade off for worthless 105s cd "shatter" that I can use once per year when other classes can spam their "new special mechanic" like holo,spellbreaker,soulbeast and what else. Or make their "new feature" also have 105s cd just as chrono.I would like also to not waste my time and deal with insane dev bias towards Mesmer and poor decisions.How many threads about chrono we had? That its really terrible. You actually know, you supposed to make game better and FUN to play, what happened to chrono was a murder and made it clunky,unfun and frustrating to play.BUT HEY, In pvp everyone QQ about mesmer, lets disable its traits :joy:

Unpopular opinion but Chronomancer is not broken (it needs some tweaks to some weapons regarding reliably create clones and to put the cs seperate again from skill 4). The core mesmer and mirage need to get the same treatment as chronomancer however, aka the shatters to be the chrono shatters and the need to have a clone up to use shatters.

It had finally a downtone to powercreep (which was needed, and is needed for all classes). The game fights should not be a 1 trick pony but a "beat by using mechanics".

They won't. The problem is that neither Anet nor a large portion of the vocal playerbase realise that games are meant to be fun. Even though there have been multiple patches now that have made Chrono less fun and more awkward to play just to make them less fun and more awkward to play it still has a raid build and the only feedback they get for PvP is 'mesmr 2 strong NERF NOW!!1' so they won't see a need. A lot of classes have this problem as well, of course its only Mesmer where entire balance patches are dedicated just to make them less fun to play rather then buffing or nerfing their effectiveness, but all people seem to see is 'it has a build in this game mode what are you crying about?'

@Curunen.8729 said:I'm sure they must be aware of some problems and considering how to change.

Problem is we know nothing is going to happen outside of the quarterly patches, so gl hf for the next month or two. :/No communication with the community, even a tiny bit, there is Ben something answer something related to matchmaking, pretending its not rigged and stuff, but nothing more.

@"Aaralyna.3104" said:Unpopular opinion but Chronomancer is not broken (it needs some tweaks to some weapons regarding reliably create clones and to put the cs seperate again from skill 4). The core mesmer and mirage need to get the same treatment as chronomancer however, aka the shatters to be the chrono shatters and the need to have a clone up to use shatters.

It had finally a downtone to powercreep (which was needed, and is needed for all classes). The game fights should not be a 1 trick pony but a "beat by using mechanics".

They need to actually fix issues with Mesmer reliance on clones before they even consider reworking anything that is merely a symptom of a resource that can be destroyed by the enemy. Since that is the issue with why Mesmer as a whole have to have Illusionary Persona to work (the argument for IP core in the first place), any other change you could desire is merely a result of not fixing the bigger issue.

Edit: Also, Chrono is not broken... just doesn't work like it used to at all, and feels bad to players who learned to play it one way and cannot anymore. Feels bad to have shatters that are only usable when having clones up, but the production should be higher for Chrono than it is to have that resetting shatters and production actually feel impactful.

The issue isn't clone health as much as the WvW zerg setting, where clones don't last a cinch. For small scale they are fine as far as I can tell.

Possible solutions? Perhaps some core Mesmer trait that gives blur to clones when created for ~5 seconds, that would allow some time window to use shatters (though that would give away which ones are clones or not, that would be the tradeoff). Another possible solution is to give clones 99% damage reduction from aoes, meaning they need to be cleaved at melee range, or give them the same treatment as in PvE, where they receive decreased damage from all sources unless directly targeted.

@Skotlex.7580 said:The issue isn't clone health as much as the WvW zerg setting, where clones don't last a cinch. For small scale they are fine as far as I can tell.

Possible solutions? Perhaps some core Mesmer trait that gives blur to clones when created for ~5 seconds, that would allow some time window to use shatters (though that would give away which ones are clones or not, that would be the tradeoff). Another possible solution is to give clones 99% damage reduction from aoes, meaning they need to be cleaved at melee range, or give them the same treatment as in PvE, where they receive decreased damage from all sources unless directly targeted.

Let me try putting this another way, do you really want to be balanced around a resource that can be destroyed?

Clones simply should not be applying damage in any way, but also not be destroyable. They should be a visible sign to enemies that the Mesmer is lined up for maximum damage, and when they disappear or start running that they should be queuing up their defensive skill or a dodge or the like.

Making them immune to non targeted damage will simply be another tell for players to see a real Mesmer, drop an AoE whoever takes damage is the real Mesmer. This whole concept of acting like a clone is stupid (as in something that is tried repeated and always fails in games, mimicry in PvP games never works out well... every game with these kinds of things show that, the only way they work is when the real one is actually invisible for a long enough duration to have the enemy decide they need to kill the clone/visual representation of the player). Any way we look at this though, so long as clones are destroyable and can apply damage through conditions or by the shatter effect and running in, they will invariably create distress for both the Mesmer player and the opposition to them.

My lesser suggestions are designed to ease into the change a bit at a time, while building toward it. It has an end goal and steps that take the development toward that goal without requiring dramatic change all at one time (as done with Chrono). It retains gameplays but just subtly shifts it bit by bit until the weakness and overwhelming strength associated with it is normalized. Also, it is a change that is not functioning directly on merely numbers and doesn't require nearly as much coding as writing a completely new set of skills.

I haven't been in wvw but in pvp I didn't feel my clones insta died and that I could not execute shatters at all. How do rangers have pets handled as those are killable but not instant... Idem dito for necromancer minions. Apply that to mesmer/chrono/mirage and that part should be equal then. I personally like it that clones do damage/condi and are not just decoration following you. But well as a player in a zerg, you get insta downed by a carpet of aoe of opponents as well no matter if you have clones up or not. You can avoid this by not being inside the zerg tho (then clones also can be casted).

@Aaralyna.3104 said:I haven't been in wvw but in pvp I didn't feel my clones insta died and that I could not execute shatters at all. How do rangers have pets handled as those are killable but not instant... Idem dito for necromancer minions. Apply that to mesmer/chrono/mirage and that part should be equal then. I personally like it that clones do damage/condi and are not just decoration following you. But well as a player in a zerg, you get insta downed by a carpet of aoe of opponents as well no matter if you have clones up or not. You can avoid this by not being inside the zerg tho (then clones also can be casted).

FYI, before soulbeast, rangers were undesired for zerg settings as the pet was a hindrance. Soulbeasts bypass that issue by remaining merged.

@Skotlex.7580 said:

@Aaralyna.3104 said:I haven't been in wvw but in pvp I didn't feel my clones insta died and that I could not execute shatters at all. How do rangers have pets handled as those are killable but not instant... Idem dito for necromancer minions. Apply that to mesmer/chrono/mirage and that part should be equal then. I personally like it that clones do damage/condi and are not just decoration following you. But well as a player in a zerg, you get insta downed by a carpet of aoe of opponents as well no matter if you have clones up or not. You can avoid this by not being inside the zerg tho (then clones also can be casted).

FYI, before soulbeast, rangers were undesired for zerg settings as the pet was a hindrance. Soulbeasts bypass that issue by remaining merged.

Fwiw soulbeasts suck in zergs too. They're only useful for driver sniping.

depends who are you fighting, Warrior in pvp hits for 4k with sword 1, thats gonna wipe clones, same with f1, gs3. and aoe rampage jump, plenty of ways to wipe all the clones as a colateral damage, it even helps generate resources for enemies ( boons on hit, lifesteal, adrenaline, might on crit and the like ).As for ranger pets, are they really killable? whenever i try to kill one in 1v1 while ranger hides behind the wall he just summons different one before i can finish it off.

@Aaralyna.3104 said:Unpopular opinion but Chronomancer is not broken

Some things are since the patch. csplit not activating reliably / behaving oddly. Illusion counter bugged sometimes with 1 clone left when there is non. One signet not working at all.

While I can live with the changes these actual bugs should be fixed in the near future.

Some things are since the patch. csplit not activating reliably / behaving oddly. Illusion counter bugged sometimes with 1 clone left when there is non. One signet not working at all.

While I can live with the changes these actual bugs should be fixed in the near future.

Bugs I agree should be fixed (at any class) but that doesn't mean a balance patch broke the class with its new playstyle.

depends who are you fighting, Warrior in pvp hits for 4k with sword 1, thats gonna wipe clones, same with f1, gs3. and aoe rampage jump, plenty of ways to wipe all the clones as a colateral damage, it even helps generate resources for enemies ( boons on hit, lifesteal, adrenaline, might on crit and the like ).As for ranger pets, are they really killable? whenever i try to kill one in 1v1 while ranger hides behind the wall he just summons different one before i can finish it off.

Every time I have been in WvW I only saw a mass amount of players rushing in, fps dropping, and I see 1 big carpet of red on the ground which you can't escape (unless you hide away from the zerg and take things 1 on 1). As for ranger pets, they are killable (they shouldn't be different than in pvp).

Fwiw soulbeasts suck in zergs too. They're only useful for driver sniping.

With the right balancing no class should suck nor overperform in anything. Anything overperforming should be nerfed down in damage. I like elite specs for the new playstyle. It does not mean it should thereby overperform any core class or other class. Not every class should necesarrily be a zerg class either, theres also roamers and so on.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Hiraga Taichiru.1580 said:in 5 days from now, it will be a full month since the last update which nerfed chrono. Are ANET devs going to fix/rework the chrono E-spec? or not ??they at least should inform their players of their plans.... if they won't fix/rework the class, then it should be easy to leave the game, however don't waste our time whilst you don't plan on doing anything for this class.Really, I should be expecting one of Anet devs to write something here.Thanks

is it possible to tag anet/specific devs? on something like this we should have clear answear from Anet, are they, or are they not going to change/rework chronomancer.

You guys are new here ... you know how I can tell?

Eventually Chrono will get fixed ... but not how or when you think it should.