Lightbearer: Too Many “Cute” Things

Did we seriously need another “cute thing”? We have way too many already, and the skin doesn’t look like it has anything to do with a raptor. Suggestion: stop putting so many overly “cute” things in the game. We have quaggans. That should be enough. Instead we now get every mount trying to be cute, and the recent Lighbearer one went overboard, not even being subtle about it

Edit: I forgot that bunny has the Lightbearer’s same aesthetic. Why give it to raptor? If you’re going to move in the direction of every mount having every aesthetic, why not give us 1 mount that does everything? Oh, right: $$$.

@Ototo.3214 said:Wut.That's the new raptor skin right? I wouldn't call any of its other skins overly cute or anything. Don't see what's wrong with it getting a cute skin for all the people that prefer that aesthetic.

All the other mount skins are subtly cute, unless you don’t like animals.. But this one is straight up pandering to the Cute and Nice crowd.

@Ototo.3214 said:Wut.That's the new raptor skin right? I wouldn't call any of its other skins overly cute or anything. Don't see what's wrong with it getting a cute skin for all the people that prefer that aesthetic.

Because the bunny already has that look. Now they’re just homogenizing everything to be the same... at least it looks that way.

@Mortifera.6138 said:

All the other mount skins are subtly cute, unless you don’t like animals.. But this one is straight up pandering to the Cute and Nice crowd.

Dwayna forbid people have options. Everything must be edgy and dark or we riot.

@Mortifera.6138 said:

Because the bunny already has that look. Now they’re just homogenizing everything to be the same... at least it looks that way.

And some people would prefer their horizontally moving mount look similar to that bunny aesthetic. There's nothing wrong with that.

@Ototo.3214 said:

Did you fail to read what I said? Subtle cuteness is fine. From where in that sentence did you get, “We need dark and edgy or riot”?

@Mortifera.6138 said:

Did you fail to read what I said?
Subtle
cuteness is fine. From where in that sentence did you get, “We need dark and edgy or riot”?

Completely cute is also completely fine. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it shouldn't be allowed to exist. I don't particularly like it either. Nor the shimmerwing skyscale. Or the Hummingbird skimmer. But other people do, so who cares.Sarcasm is too hard to understand apparently.

@yann.1946 said:I'm really bot sure if this post is saterical or not

You may wish to peruse the OP's other threads and posts to see their general opinion on GW2. Then you may make an informed deduction as to the answer to that.

Some of my alts wouldn't be caught dead on a cute fuzzy. Some of them have needed this forever. Some of them would ride it but have a raptor that looks perfect for them. So yes, the cute was needed, by some not all, and an MMO needs a wide range of options if it wants to retain a wide range of players.

@"DonArkanio.6419" said:Yep, I'm totally fed up with the recent aesthetics trend that ANet goes for.

This isn't the world setting GW2 was in. It's becoming more flashy, cute, sweet, flashy and flashy.

Oh, and flashy, don't know if I mentioned it already.

yeah i dislike this "carnival parade" general aesthetics of gw2..but i sense these "cute and happy people" is who from most money in the game come from. so THANKS to them anyway :+1:

They've completely sold out on their art direction and threw immersion and consistency out of the window. We are going heavily into the direction of generic Asian MMOs in terms of looks and it's sad.

GW's art direction was always special for me and it's all but gone now just so Anet can milk the hypercasual through the gemstore. These people buy everything if it's cute enough or glitters.

@witcher.3197 said:

It's impossible to ignore. I don't buy any. And? They still fill up my screen to the point where I want to puke.

I see tons of fashion and color choices in game that I think look hideous. But who cares, it's not my character. Don't stand near people I guess?