in twitch.Why are there few people watching Guild Wars 2?

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:My guess is because there isn't a lot worth watching in the game. It's one of those better playing than watching.

I mean...is it though?

You have to really keep in mind that there are a multitude of streamers whose fanbase watch them
and
play at the same time. Doing one or the other aren't mutually exclusive activities. In fact if you watch those streams you can
see
said people show up in the stream as they likely use it to find out where they are in a city or zone or whatever and then go and see them. Or they participate in a dungeon, or raid, or whatever else kind of group content in whatever game.

It's really hard to understand for those unintiated in the first place the way PvP works in this game. I don't watch Guild Wars 2 streams, and never have. I have occasionally watched other streams. I love playing Guild Wars 2, but I don't necessarily love watching it.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:Because gw2 is more entertain to play than to watch.I doubt even know why game channels are popular in the first. You're waching someone else having fun.(Strictly talking about lets play streams. There are people who can amusing videos ABOUT games)

So world of warcraft is more entertaining to watch than play?

Apparently. The people must not like the game very much to rather watch other people play

Apparently people that watch sports must not like the sport very much if they’d rather watch than play.

Apparently people that watch music performances must not like the music very much if they’d rather watch than play it themselves.

Apparently people that watch TV/movies must not like the their lives very much if they’d rather watch events through imaginary characters than experience them firsthand.

The difference there being that those levels of activities require years of dedicated training.I get you'd watch a championship of a game because that's not a playing field the average Joe can access.What i don't get is why you'd watch another average Joe play

No they don’t. Anyone can learn to play an instrument. Anyone can learn to play a sport. Six years olds do it all the time.

Let's see them score against Messi, then.But in all seriousness. 'Most people' only watch junior or public competitions of a friend, family, or child participates. Or if they're in the sport themselves with the purpose of learning a thing or two.

You’re making the assumption that someone must be an expert or skilled in order to do something. You’re holding gaming to a different standard than everything else.

PvP and WvW lacks content, has balance issues or lacks any proper esports scene, the pvp may not be easy on the eyes for new players and there is only new PVE content every couple of months.

Besides, most people Stream or make YouTube content as a Hobby, or to make a living, because there are millions of people who enjoy watching people play games, who do enjoy streaming to an audience or making content on YouTube after all these years.

Of course there are some, who just do it to be 'popular' or to feel like it anyway.

I don't see why it's so important. When I played Aion( 3 odd years ago) hardly anyone streamed and it (for a while) was successful and dare I say it a more exciting game to watch. Same with the first game. The closest I got was watching the re-runs of our Guild's GVG and discussing them on TS.I watch a couple of streams here and there. But considering the content of some I can read how people think about this game every day on these forums. I shall leave this post there.

GW1 was a complete power house during its time and had twitch been around then I believe it would have been in the top played games pvp wise. Now battle royals are all the swag spray and pray.

I mean how could they leave Hall of Heroes out of GW2 it was so fun competing at that level in GW1.

I want to see a Re-Mastered GW1 with only the PVP aspect HOH. It was so fun, competitive and rewarding when you won. Competing thru several maps just to get to HOH and my GOD there were some good euro players I loved monking for those guys but if you missed a heal on a spike they let you have it haha.

@Blockhead Magee.3092 said:Litterally laughing out loud at the thought of taking time to watch someone else play a video game. I'll figuratively laugh to myself once the folks in the office stop asking me whats so funny.

wow thats pretty dated. reminds of old people confused about why anyone would want to use a smart phone when they already have a rotary phone.

@Blockhead Magee.3092 said:Litterally laughing out loud at the thought of taking time to watch someone else play a video game. I'll figuratively laugh to myself once the folks in the office stop asking me whats so funny.

Never been at a friend's house and playing a single player game on console alternately? It's like that, with a much larger sofa though.

Watching better players play for entertainment and learning is a big draw. Unfortunately GW2 made a big deal about not wanting any challenged or competition in their game so people don't really tune in. I mean, what are they gonna watch? People soloing peronal story or being random guy #87 in an open world zerg?

Raid releases get relatively big numbers with streamers getting between 1-3k viewers, but then it gets cleared in 2 hours and most of them leave.

@Vayne.8563 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:My guess is because there isn't a lot worth watching in the game. It's one of those better playing than watching.

I mean...is it though?

You have to really keep in mind that there are a multitude of streamers whose fanbase watch them
and
play at the same time. Doing one or the other aren't mutually exclusive activities. In fact if you watch those streams you can
see
said people show up in the stream as they likely use it to find out where they are in a city or zone or whatever and then go and see them. Or they participate in a dungeon, or raid, or whatever else kind of group content in whatever game.

It's really hard to understand for those unintiated in the first place the way PvP works in this game. I don't watch Guild Wars 2 streams, and never have. I have occasionally watched other streams. I love playing Guild Wars 2, but I don't necessarily love watching it.

Hmm well thats because there isn't much worth watching, which is something that has been repeated a few times here. More people watch BDO than GW2 and I'd argue that BDO has the same, if not more, visual noise during combat and a more complex combat system. However it has arguably more worthwhile to watch content than GW2. Daily node wars (large scale PvP battles in the open world) and weekly territory wars (even larger scale PvP battles to claim castles in the open world). BDO streamers also know a great deal about the game and share information and advice on a large variety of things.

@"Dami.5046" said:I don't see why it's so important. When I played Aion( 3 odd years ago) hardly anyone streamed and it (for a while) was successful and dare I say it a more exciting game to watch. Same with the first game. The closest I got was watching the re-runs of our Guild's GVG and discussing them on TS.I watch a couple of streams here and there. But considering the content of some I can read how people think about this game every day on these forums. I shall leave this post there.

You might have played Aion "3 odd years ago" but thats a game that was released in 2008 and it had long since lost much of its following and playerbase years prior to "3 odd years ago". Similar to GW1, released in 2005. Twitch really only started getting traction in the latter parts of 2013, and growing further in 2014. Before that Twitch was essentially Justin.tv which was a bit of an obscure early streaming platform back in 2007 when it released.

I think some people forget how recent Twitch as a thing really is. Its been there for a bit, but the way it grew beginning in 2013 and further wasn't that long ago.

@Diak Atoli.2085 said:

@rabenpriester.7129 said:This thread is full of 30 year old boomers lmao

42 to be exact!

How do you know there are exactly 42 30 yr old boomers on this thread? ;)

When you get to our well-weathered age you learn things. That's how. ;)

42 is young compared to me.... I must have forgotten the things I was supposed to learn.

@Diak Atoli.2085 said:

42 to be exact!

30-year old people are Millenials. No one knows what to call people younger than 25, yet, so they get to be called Post-millenials.

@Anchoku.8142 said:

42 to be exact!

30-year old people are Millenials. No one knows what to call people younger than 25, yet, so they get to be called Post-millenials.

Generation Z / Gen Z / Zoomers (Don't think this one is official/Used in a mockingly manner)

@Raknar.4735 said:

42 to be exact!

Generation Z / Gen Z / Zoomers (Don't think this one is official/Used in a mockingly manner)Kids, for short.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@"rabenpriester.7129" said:This thread is full of 30 year old boomers lmao

42 to be exact!

Generation Z / Gen Z / Zoomers (Don't think this one is official/Used in a mockingly manner)Kids, for short.

Except they can already be adults, as there isn't an official "generation start". Most define it to be between the late 1990s and the early 2000s. I was also just stating that there are already names besides "Post-millenials" ;)