[Suggestion] Mount Idea, for dismounting enemies.

Deus Fatorum.2473

When you dismount onto an enemy mount it should knock the enemy off their mount. This is relatively easy if an enemy mount takes damage from your dismount skill it also triggers the enemy to be dismounted.

This also plays nicely into the mounts move faster in your territory angle, as of right now mounts moving faster or slower in different territories means very little as if an enemy mount does catch you it cannot dismount you, and even if the player dismounts to deal damage they just gave up their ability to catch the enemy. However if you could dismount the enemy by catching up to them on your mount that change would suddenly make more sense, and as you would also have to dismount to achieve this you would also not then have the unfair advantage of having your mount available while the enemy is dismounted.(as where if it were a trap or trick you could use it to de-mount your enemy and then mount up yourself and run away...)

Also if this were implemented the movement speed difference when in your territory vs enemy territories could be tweaked to make it easier or harder to dismount enemies as well.

This was among some of the first ideas to fix the the dismount "issue" quickly and effectivly, no skills or effect coding required.

Unfortunely they've gone completely dark on the matter, not even the very easy tweaks (such as simply lower the hp to the same standard hp as other mounts) has been made.

I'm definetly for the mounts and I think they feel natural to WvW now, but it is... disconcerting to see Anets lack of engagement.

@"Dawdler.8521" said:This was among some of the first ideas to fix the the dismount "issue" quickly and effectivly, no skills or effect coding required.

Unfortunely they've gone completely dark on the matter, not even the very easy tweaks (such as simply lower the hp to the same standard hp as other mounts) has been made.

I'm definetly for the mounts and I think they feel natural to WvW now, but it is... disconcerting to see Anets lack of engagement.

Yeah I can feel you there, Just often times i have noticed a sort of mount stand off where you have 2 roamers that usually want to fight each-other but neither is sure the other will dismount or want to not be the first to dismount, when this happens its just super silly. Also I do not think mounts need to be nerfed to the ground but I do feel there should be a reward or counter play if you are able to catch and hit the enemy mount, but I also feel it should not be as easy as I placed a trap and camped it etc.

Both sides should have a chance to either get away or get caught, the way I mentioned seems the fairest to those that want the small scale fights and those that wish to avoid them.

Though the lack of Dev response/involvement does make me sad to hear.