A world without Elder Dragons

Hey there,

I saw the discussion about people's favorite villains and I see very different take on this subject. I really like reading trhough these comments and be reminded of some many awesome characters who were given so little screen-time.

Just like in every fantasy wolrd setting, there are lots of villains and very little heroes. Main plot of GW2 is strictly tied to the existence of Elder Dragons and them causing havoc. There are some great characters that could really stand out but were quickly erased.My favs would be obviously Palawa Joko, Kudu, Gaheron Baelfire, Faolin (the entire Nightmare Court). Balthazar is a weird one because even though he was given a relatively long time I would love to see more of him just act, I am curious of how things would end. I don't like every problem having happy ending - I loved the second to last episode of LWS4. It could end there for me.

Now, I'd like to ask you, how do you imagine the world of Guild Wars without the Elder Dragons? Would you like it or not?

We're nearly out of Elder Dragons, so we might not have to imagine such a world soon.

For more elder dragons, they'd have to be "Imported" from other worlds or dimensions. If I were writing that tale, I think perhaps the Human gods who left Tyria might find themselves chased out of their new digs by some otherworldly Elder Dragons. They flee back home and lead them straight to us (those idiots!). More goals than eating magic? I suppose they could eat people, like any self-respecting dragon should. We make gods. We kill gods. We save gods. We're the one-stop-shopping Heroes everyone looks to to get them out of a jam.

My guess though, is that they're working on opening up the Canthan maps. I pray that doesn't mean Shiro again. Originality please, guys!

And if they have some other threat in mind, just please... no giant moon-sized / planet-sized world-destroying enemy space platforms. Creativity please, guys! (Outer space? Astro-mounts?!?!)

Although it was heavily criticized by the community for its discrepancy with GW1, I found Balthazar the best villain, just for 1 second forget about GW1, and think it was the only one who ever killed the commander and was a real challenge. i had write a post about his powers on past, to me is by far the most fascinating villain even being a "depowered god".https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/36661/balthazar-power-chronology-on-ls3-pof