What are some changes you want in the next balance patch?

mrauls.6519

Full shout and consecration rework. The only consecration taken in any game mode is wall and the only shout taken in any game mode is stand your ground. They have been almost untouched since release. Both CD are too high and effects too low. Imo, shouts need to be reworked to be lower cd, lower effect, stun break effects. In the current meta, a buffing utility needs to grand exorbitant usefulness if not granting alac/quick to be worthwhile.

Something like this for shouts. Also makes them much more useful with Shout rune with their lower CD.

Retreat: 20s cd10s swiftness3s vigorCleanse cripple, chill, and imobstun break on effectedstun break5 target

Save Yourself 25sDraw conditions from allies to selfResistance 4sRegen 6sProtection 6sVigor 6sStun Break

Hold The Line 15sProtection 6sRegen 6sLight aura 5s5 targets

Stand Your Ground 20s3 stab 6sRetaliation 6sStun Break on effectedstun break5 target

Short and simple: Fix the Reaper, revert the last changes IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The last balance change completely destroyed the Reaper for me. Sustainability is zero... They said it was a frontline fighter but a bit too much - so their balance idea was to competely and utterly destroy it... It no longer is a frontline fighter AT ALL... and guess what... No decent range either. It's dead, utterly dead.

I am still very dissapointed and even right out angry about that change. Due to limitations, I only really enjoy the game on a Reaper... any other class for me puts too much stress on my hands... So with the recent Death of the Reaper... I see no real long term future for me in this game any more.

meanwhile...

• Thieves can pretty much perma-stealth... seriously?!?! (for those not believing it, a friend thief stayed stealthed for 10 minutes just to prove a point.)
  • Ranger's have too many possibilities to keep enemies at distance. Should NOT be possible. Currently if you do not have ranged skills, it's pointless. (I have been pushed away by a single Ranger just a week ago in WvW 5 times within 30 seconds... HOW?!?!?!
  • Elementalist: Fix the elevation issue with the skills. Their range vertically is out of control - extending WAY beyond the skill description.
  • Amount of clones produced by mesmers is too much, way too much. (got images of mesmers with up to 8 clones)
  • Condi on Scourge... seriously search youtube I rest my case... (yet they "Balanced" Reaper and NOT scourge... go figure)

As said: I very much doubt that is going to happen... I think they want us to switch classes constantly to sell more gear to us... It's nothing more than an "Income Balance"

@"Tuna Bandit.3786" said:Short and simple: Fix the Reaper, revert the last changes IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The last balance change completely destroyed the Reaper for me. Sustainability is zero... They said it was a frontline fighter but a bit too much - so their balance idea was to competely and utterly destroy it... It no longer is a frontline fighter AT ALL... and guess what... No decent range either. It's dead, utterly dead.

I am still very dissapointed and even right out angry about that change. Due to limitations, I only really enjoy the game on a Reaper... any other class for me puts too much stress on my hands... So with the recent Death of the Reaper... I see no real long term future for me in this game any more.

meanwhile...

• Thieves can pretty much perma-stealth... seriously?!?! (for those not believing it, a friend thief stayed stealthed for 10 minutes just to prove a point.)
  • Ranger's have too many possibilities to keep enemies at distance. Should NOT be possible. Currently if you do not have ranged skills, it's pointless. (I have been pushed away by a single Ranger just a week ago in WvW 5 times within 30 seconds... HOW?!?!?!
  • Elementalist: Fix the elevation issue with the skills. Their range vertically is out of control - extending WAY beyond the skill description.
  • Amount of clones produced by mesmers is too much, way too much. (got images of mesmers with up to 8 clones)
  • Condi on Scourge... seriously search youtube I rest my case... (yet they "Balanced" Reaper and NOT scourge... go figure)

As said: I very much doubt that is going to happen... I think they want us to switch classes constantly to sell more gear to us... It's nothing more than an "Income Balance"

I don't mean to be dismissive about your contribution, but this is the Guardian forum, so I don't know what kind of responses you're expecting.

I don't want to see big DH buffs anymore mainly because it's still a noob stomper and buffing it is treading dangerous waters since the outcry will result in huge nerfs to DH making it worse than it is even now. I wouldn't complain if it happened or anything, but historically overbuffed specs tend to be completely gutted after a few balance patches and I don't want to see DH gutted. Instead it would be healthier to continue nerfing overperforming PoF specs, maybe do minor DH buffs like 10% increase to True Shot, etc.

I'd definitely like to see the DH spec get some love, but I agree I don't want it to get overbuffed. I just feel like the longbow is a bit disappointing and could use improvements like the baseline knockback on LB3. The symbol giving vigor on a ranged weapon still feels unintuitive, LB2 roots you, and the LB5 takes 300 years to go off and is easy to dodge...Even for PvE mobs sometimes.

@Zephoid.4263 said:Full shout and consecration rework. The only consecration taken in any game mode is wall and the only shout taken in any game mode is stand your ground. They have been almost untouched since release. Both CD are too high and effects too low. Imo, shouts need to be reworked to be lower cd, lower effect, stun break effects. In the current meta, a buffing utility needs to grand exorbitant usefulness if not granting alac/quick to be worthwhile.

Purging Flame has some good damage and has been a useful Consecration for me.

Meh, I gave up. I did 2-3 topics listing issues. Either Anet does not know or does not care. Nothing will change. FB will be the only viable PvP build until the next expansion. Last patch killed any remaining viability for core guardian in sPvP.

So GL. I think the only viable option is to change the devs.

@TheAgedGnome.7520 said:

@Zephoid.4263 said:Full shout and consecration rework. The only consecration taken in any game mode is wall and the only shout taken in any game mode is stand your ground. They have been almost untouched since release. Both CD are too high and effects too low. Imo, shouts need to be reworked to be lower cd, lower effect, stun break effects. In the current meta, a buffing utility needs to grand exorbitant usefulness if not granting alac/quick to be worthwhile.

Purging Flame
has some good damage and has been a useful Consecration for me.

I love Pudrging Flame, but the CD is a bit too long though. And I am not sure about something, if an enemies cross the flame they get 3 stacks of burning, if the same enemies cross again do they get another 3 stacks? or it just affects them once?

More than anything I want, I'm genuinely interested in what they will put as a drawback for FB tomes.Other than that, I think it's time for them to finally shave off some consecrations cool downs. sanctuary, Purging flame and hallowed ground are hardly worth their high CD even when traited.

@Dadnir.5038 said:More than anything I want, I'm genuinely interested in what they will put as a drawback for FB tomes.Other than that, I think it's time for them to finally shave off some consecrations cool downs. sanctuary, Purging flame and hallowed ground are hardly worth their high CD even when traited.

Guardian already has drawbacks on all of its Specializations. The differences may not be severe/distinct enough though. Also, just because an ESpec is strong doesn't mean that it needs a bigger drawback. Scourge is a very strong spec that has a very clear drawback, it's missing the 2nd healthbar associated with necromancer.Anyway, I wouldn't expect anything totally new, just emphasizing the current ones. Or maybe they'll do something like taking more damage when equipped with a tome.

Now that the rest of the class is pretty much as balanced as it can be, what I would do if I were a dev at ANet is look at buffing the core Virtues, mainly Resolve and Courage. Especially the F3, it's useless without traits from Virtues. DH Longbow needs a buff as well, it just doesn't do enough anything as a weapon. That whopping 45 second cooldown on Hunter's Ward needs to change.

Core Guardians profession mechanic is supposed to be used according to the situation. Both the passive and active are meant to be good, so that you are almost always making a choice between maintaining the passive or using the active, weighing the benefit of activating vs losing the passive.

DH was designed in a way that makes activating the F skills much more valuable, which is why it's not well suited for condi builds that focus on maintaining the F1 passive as much as possible. It's also why many players don't really like the new Movement speed trait on DH. It feels bad to activate F2 now if you are using the trait.

Firebrand changes the professions playstyle from reactive to predictive. Using tomes reactively is not efficient because they don't grant an instant benefit upon activation, only gaining advantage after pressing another skill while in the tome. Playing Firebrand reactively would also result in a lot of wasted tome charges.

@Dadnir.5038 said:More than anything I want, I'm genuinely interested in what they will put as a drawback for FB tomes.Other than that, I think it's time for them to finally shave off some consecrations cool downs. sanctuary, Purging flame and hallowed ground are hardly worth their high CD even when traited.

FB tomes have many drawbacks. Mainly, they lock you out of weapon skills. Also, unlike other virtues, they do not provide emergency relief. Also, their individual effects are not that strong unless you invest heavily in healing and boon duration. FB without healing power in PvP will die in a matter of secs.

FB support is still out performing, but a blanket nerf to FB will kill any non-support viability. This need to be done very thoroughly. In other words, it is beyond Anet capabilities.

I'd like some changes that spread the power of tomes out a bit by allowing more frequent/...interval'd? Usage?

Like the only thing I can think of is having pages for each tome regenerate at a certain rate + it costs a page to go out of the tome if you do it early (costs nothing if you just run out of pages). Which would still retain the burst-support-y nature of the tomes, but allow other firebrand specs to dip into 'em for a moment to do stuff, then dip out. Adjust regen rates so that there's an opportunity cost - more sustain-y nature of dipping in/out when you need, vs having all the pages available when you need to deal with heavy pressure.

Along with some buffs to base numbers on said tomes + adjust scaling down a little to compensate. Same numbers if you're a support setup, but small buff to not-supports.

Lastly, buffs to the underused utilities/traits, of which guardian has far too much :I

rework gs2. remove projectiles, add to base damage.buff ham2. more range more damage.rework torch. it sucks.buff shattered aegis. aegis removes a condi, let SA crit again but have the damage nerfed like traits from other professions (static discharge, lost time).make spirit shield break stuns again.revert renewed focus nerfs.remove scepter projectiles. make the attack instant like necro scepter.add 4s of resistance to hold the line :]fix sanctuary. remove the disappearing act after 10 hits or whatever garbage it is.I heard someone saying spirit ham only hits 1 person? too lazy to test. should be fixed if case.

What if they put all of the tomes as elites, so you could only have one equipped at a time? IE, like an engineer kit. Remove the equip CD and just keep the skill CDs in the kit.

This would force you to chose dps, heal, or utility but would keep the feel of tomes which I like and don't want to see them gutted.

@Opopanax.1803 said:What if they put all of the tomes as elites, so you could only have one equipped at a time? IE, like an engineer kit. Remove the equip CD and just keep the skill CDs in the kit.

This would force you to chose dps, heal, or utility but would keep the feel of tomes which I like and don't want to see them gutted.

They used to be guards elite skill when the game launched, the current version is much better. Check out YouTube

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

@Opopanax.1803 said:What if they put all of the tomes as elites, so you could only have one equipped at a time? IE, like an engineer kit. Remove the equip CD and just keep the skill CDs in the kit.

They used to be guards elite skill when the game launched, the current version is much better. Check out YouTube

Oh, I know it is much better. And that is why they will be nerfing firebrand, no ifs, and, or buts. My hope was to contain the damage before they neuter it badly and it becomes unfun.

I think core guardian and ele utilities need a complete rework. Core ones are really behind the meta. Cooldown-boon duration-boon variety is abysmal considerin all the new boon spamming meta. DH needs a hand too, LB needs adjusting, knockback being baseline. Traits should be reworked, as there are only few of them used (and for a reason). I do not think that guardian and my favourite profession of all times DH is in a bad spot. But they are not in a good one either. I am talking from the wvw perspective, keep in mind.