(Spoilers) ANet Reveals Contents of 7th Birthday Gifts

@Pifil.5193 said:I hope they're still giving us the birthday boosters, I can kinda understand not giving a level 70 scroll but it's odd that they'd drop those boosters.

You are nearly 7 gw2-years old and don't have hundreds of Tome of Knowledge? (and all the lvl up's from all previous birthdays of all the chars.)I think I've more than 20 times lvl 80 lying in my bank and no reason to buy further char-slots (have 17 or so).

@Dayra.7405 said:

@Pifil.5193 said:I hope they're still giving us the birthday boosters, I can kinda understand not giving a level 70 scroll but it's odd that they'd drop those boosters.

You are 7 gw2-years old and don't have hundreds of Tome of Knowledge? (and all the lvl up's from all previous birthdays.)I think I've around 20 times lvl 80 lying in my bank

I have loads of the scrolls and tomes. As I said: I understand not giving us the scroll, but I would still like the birthday boosters which aren't listed in the gifts. Those boosters are handy.

The "account" rewards should be given for your account's official birthday, not your oldest character. I pre-ordered this game and been playing ever since, but my main character is only 5 years and 6 months because I had decided to create a new character and delete my old one that I wasn't going to use anymore. So yeah, as someone that's been supporting the game since day 1, I think I should be getting those right away. For the character rewards, well, that obviously should wait until they turn 7.

@Dayra.7405 said:

You are nearly 7 gw2-years old and don't have hundreds of Tome of Knowledge? (and all the lvl up's from all previous birthdays of all the chars.)I think I've more than 20 times lvl 80 lying in my bank and no reason to buy further char-slots (have 17 or so).

Read the post again.. he said boosters not the lvl up scrolls.. the pots that give WvW, MF bonuses etc.

@Dayra.7405 said:

They said boosters but even then, there are people who use the ToK rather than sit on them. There are those who use the instant level scrolls for key farming.

@"Valkyria.5408" said:The "account" rewards should be given for your account's official birthday, not your oldest character. I pre-ordered this game and been playing ever since, but my main character is only 5 years and 6 months because I had decided to create a new character and delete my old one that I wasn't going to use anymore. So yeah, as someone that's been supporting the game since day 1, I think I should be getting those right away. For the character rewards, well, that obviously should wait until they turn 7.

It is a character birthday gift, not an account birthday gift. If you have 7 characters that are 7 years old, you get 7 gifts. Sounds reasonable.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Birthday_Gift

I was waiting for the level 70 scrolls, although I might manage with level 60 ones. Have been planning to level many characters to 80 as a birthday celebration, I guess I could just do that earlier then? Or maybe they will mysteriously still appear? Better wait to be sure, I suppose.Anyway, I like the statuettes. (I only care about makeover kits)

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@"Valkyria.5408" said:The "account" rewards should be given for your account's official birthday, not your oldest character. I pre-ordered this game and been playing ever since, but my main character is only 5 years and 6 months because I had decided to create a new character and delete my old one that I wasn't going to use anymore. So yeah, as someone that's been supporting the game since day 1, I think I should be getting those right away. For the character rewards, well, that obviously should wait until they turn 7.

It is a character birthday gift, not an account birthday gift. If you have 7 characters that are 7 years old, you get 7 gifts. Sounds reasonable.

Read the post again. They already conceded that. The character gifts are tied to an account achievement which unlocks the big, singular birthday reward (anniversary skins). People should be able to get that based on their account age instead of being gated by their oldest character's age.

It goes in line with how it was in GW1, it's your characters bday not account

@"mrauls.6519" said:That chair is awesome. The armor & weapon skins are trash though (luminous).

the heavy armor looks great on a female.many many players asked me from where my chest and legs are.so this year a pick the light armor and i'm pretty happy about it.

but i'm a little bit sad that the new title is not steadfast https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hero_(achievements)#achievement1687