Let us turn off legendary weapons' footsteps

Everybody wants a damn toggle for every little thing they don’t like in this game.

“I hate seeing all these people running around in a MMO. Toggle plz.”

“Can we has toggle to remove the mounts I don’t like to look at”

“I dislike the footfalls from the legendaries; instead of equipping a different weapon, I’d prefer you made a very specific TOGGLE to remove only that feature of the weapons”

Good grief, Anet gives a couple toggles and sliders and suddenly everyone wants more for their very specific problems.

• Confused 1

@SEED.9051 said:Everybody wants a kitten toggle for every little thing they don’t like in this game.

“I hate seeing all these people running around in a MMO. Toggle plz.”

“Can we has toggle to remove the mounts I don’t like to look at”

“I dislike the footfalls from the legendaries; instead of equipping a different weapon, I’d prefer you made a very specific TOGGLE to remove only that feature of the weapons”

Good grief, Anet gives a couple toggles and sliders and suddenly everyone wants more for their very specific problems.

More options are never a bad thing. Im so glad i can mute peoples music, and their bloody projectiles. Frankly i wish there was a way to turn of seeing infusions. The amount of visual clutter and visual...vomit in this game is pretty bad, and any option to reduce it is a good thing IMO.

on a similar note, it would be cool to be able to select which footsteps you see when you are holding two different 1-handed weapons. unfair for the offhand that never gets priority. heck it could be cool that it would alternate each one with each step (yeah 1st world problems)

More options are never a bad thing. Im so glad i can mute peoples music, and their bloody projectiles. Frankly i wish there was a way to turn of seeing infusions. The amount of visual clutter and visual...vomit in this game is pretty bad, and any option to reduce it is a good thing IMO.

The thing is...its an MMO, it's supposed to feel like you're living in a fantasy world with many other people. Seeing others accomplishments, rather it be their newly obtained Skyscale or super shiny Legendary, is part of living in that world

I'm not against sliders that limit graphical fidelity to enhance system performance, however, options and toggles that do away with other players accomplishments or existence (toggling off their mounts/default mount model only/muting their instruments/any legendary/infusions because "visual vomit") goes against what makes an MMO feel unique.

And if not for anything else...can't people appreciate the aesthetics and beauty of Anets work the way they intended it?

Again, I'm only against selfish/oddly specific toggles

@"SEED.9051" said:

The thing is...its an MMO, it's supposed to feel like you're living in a fantasy world with many other people. Seeing others accomplishments, rather it be their newly obtained Skyscale or super shiny Legendary, is part of living in that world

I'm not against sliders that limit graphical fidelity to enhance system performance, however, options and toggles that do away with other players accomplishments or existence (toggling off their mounts/default mount model only/muting their instruments/any legendary/infusions because "visual vomit") goes against what makes an MMO feel unique.

And if not for anything else...can't people appreciate the aesthetics and beauty of Anets work the way they intended it?

Nothing is beautiful about somebody running around covered in so many infusions that you cant see the character. Ecspecially when obtaining those infusions isnt always an accomplishment(the infusions i have, ive purchased, didnt obtain as drops.)

Never once have i ever wanted to give somebody a "Hey nice looking character" if that person was wearing the most effects they could physically -shove- onto a character. i do say "hey nice looking character/armor etc" to players who take the time to make a unique look that -fit- the world.

Again, opinions. i dont want to see visual vomit when playing a game, and if i turn "default characters" on, its still bad.

@"Torzini.1523" said:Ironic, given that some people wish the footprints for certain legendaries were more visible. You really can't please everyone.

In any case, any future toggle would probably be an all/nothing option, and it's a feature that is unlikely to happen anyway.

Actually, toggles ARE the way you please everyone. If you like footprints / infusions / vomit, then more power to you. You could keep them toggled on. If you don't like all the visual clutter (or if you are trying to reduce lag), toggle 'em off. Everybody wins. I'm surprised they still remove miniatures due to increased population, yet they keep adding more crazy infusions and wilder, more awe-inspiring spell effects.

As Dante correctly stated, "More options are never a bad thing." +1 for more toggles. Who says it is unlikely to happen? Especially if enough players speak out in favor of it.

• Like 1

@"SEED.9051" said:

As much as I would appreciate having sliders of the sort you dislike, I can live without. I have been able to create my own workarounds by kicking people using legendaries or other visually annoying options from my instance groups and opting to not rezz, or otherwise assist, them.

• Confused 1

As much as I would appreciate having sliders of the sort you dislike, I can live without. I have been able to create my own workarounds by kicking people using legendaries or other visually annoying options from my instance groups and opting to not rezz, or otherwise assist, them.

More power to you. Though, it's probably easier to advertise you're against people joining your group if they have more shinies than you do....that way you don't have to hurt you clicking finger going through all the kick menu.

@SEED.9051 said:

More power to you. Though, it's probably easier to advertise you're against people joining your group if they have more shinies than you do....that way you don't have to hurt you clicking finger going through all the kick menu.

The kick menu is easy enough to use.

• Confused 1

Nah, I don't dislike playing with people, and my current approach deals with the visual noise issue just fine.

So you purposely leave out of your group advertisement that you dislike playing with people that took the time to craft and equip a legendary? And prefer to just kick them if they bring one with them??

@"SEED.9051" said:

My eyes would appreciate more if we have slider, saw one player with ton of infusions and she is lit like the sun itself."selfish/oddly" pfft i guess i should just turn down the gamma or just look away so i don't go blind or nausea, yea i'm selfish alright.