Blackgate is open! Everyone transfer there

hunkamania.7561

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fun Fact: did you know the heinous reputation BG has is a direct result of shattered aegis? Fearing its awesome power the denizens of bg conspired to get arenanet to nerf the trait, and focused solely on unblockable ranger builds in a futile attempt to curb its effectivness. A true miscarriage of justice.

@Vova.2640 said:

@Vova.2640 said:As if T1 wasnt unplayable already...

I guess it doesnt matter anymore. NA wvw is basically dead.

Unplayable how?

Go to T1 and find out yourself.

I am linked with BG right now, and have been for some time. I have also fought against BG many times.

Again, I ask, how is it unplayable?

Ah there we go, youre on the bandwagon riding to BG I see.Yeah. Must be very fun being one of the 60 people sitting on a wall next to an ac 24/7.I wish the other side felt the same way when they get near any objective and get clouded out by 60people +10acs within 30 seconds.

that is why t1 is unplayable. you cannot fight bg in any form outside of reset because you can never match their numbers.Happy with that? now go shoot your ac some more.

Soooo....You want to act like I don't know what I am talking about in T1, but once you find out I am in T1 you want to make personal jabs about the server I am linked to? How about we have an actual discussion about the topic at hand. Address the post, not the poster.

I was actually on BG before it became the server it is, I had moved there from CD back when CD was T1 and I was looking to move out of T1, and then moved many, many other times as BG started to grow. I have actually been on every server available and almost all of the moves were to get out of T1 and into T3, as T3 had more fight guilds (not really the case anymore). I also solo roam 90% of the time with the other time being duo roaming, but nice assumptions you got there. Even though I stated I have fought against BG on many occasions, actually more time fighting against them than being linked with them, and this was back in the day when BG fielded FAR more players with a tag on every map. BP actually fields larger zergs right now (or at least matches in prime time), as they had a huge move of guilds there and they are better comped and lead than what I have seen from BG, the problem for them still however is coverage, as if one of those guilds is not on (they all seem to play prime time) they don't seem to have a pug tag that takes over and score suffers, while BG has greater coverage over time. As even when BG was in it's prime and our fight guild was running, we would wipe them far more than they would wipe us, however once the main tags logged off for the day, BG still had tags going and where they made up their huge point leads. After a day or two of that, the other servers (mine included) had population drop offs for the rest of the week because you couldn't catch up, making the score deficit even greater.

What is funny is that your mindset that you can't fight BG, is what we used to call fair weathers, match with a strong server and our population would be half of what it was most weeks. And once that momentum is lost, it's more or less done for the week.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:No way to justify this unless no link for them anymore like really anet is dumb af. It's almost like should we just transfer for ez mode and ruin the game or stick it out with your server.

Well, since mounts were added because Anet knows what they are doing and we should ‘just Adapt’ i Guess the same could be said for this change also..

Get over the mounts too dude except in mount threads.

I’ve been over it. ?

Maybe you need to stop blaming BG for everything wrong with the game?

People have obsessed over BG for 4 years...

Mounts have only been out for 4 months.

?

I don't blame BG for anything. Very skilled group plays the mode correctly by keeping their 6 keeps/smc and almost never overextending to make them vulnerable. The problem was the links that should be locked from transfers cause that mass transfer stacks them/kills their prior link and who ever got stuck w them. But to open them is just encouraging I doubt hulky and his VR guys cuz they tried the BG link for a week but it didn't take but maybe some other 20 man guild to bandwagon. I do like mounts tho

Hunk came one week to get fights on a reset. From there VR left because, (I would imagine) they enjoyed wrecking the bully rather than running with the bully.

Yeah I remember. It's tempting even for me cuz being on BG is almost a perm 10 pips per 5 min vs getting stuck in the who the eff knows what server I'll be linked with farming 8 pips adding 3-4 hours per week to finish diamond but It's not as fun as you said being the bully for some as this link has been constant double team which is fun fighting that off then camp taking in BG watching the other 2 teams avoid us.

However, think about what you just said..,

If BG outnumbers it’s opponents so heavily, I would think the outnumbered pips would be such an advantage. If they aren’t able to get outnumbered pips, why are they unable to field the same numbers nor be able to ‘win’

It’s normal for BG players to get outnumbered pips on 1-2 maps in prime time every night other than reset.

The data doesn’t add up yet no one looks at it objectively.

But yeah.., the meme IS fun.

@Pagan Highlander.5948 said:Lets see, Option A, spend $20 to transfer and be stuck in mind numbing queues on BG all week, then following mindless map blobs on Bg or stuck on siege for hours and being bored senseless or option B: actually have fun and a challenge in WvW on any other server. Hmmm, I'll go with Option B

lol. So many people making ridiculous claims that have no idea what they are talking about. Where are you getting the data on these mind numbing queues? Did someone else that doesn't know what they are talking about tell you that?

Saying you don't think you'd have fun on BG is fair and reasonable, but pulling made up information out of the air is a bit silly. Last reset, we had a queue of 18 people on EBG and maybe 7 on Blue BL. Other 2 maps not queued. Are these the mind numbing queues you are referring to?

I am on BG and I am regularly getting outnumbered pips. I have not sat in a queue in ages. Please enlighten me on where you are getting your information.

edit: But please, by all means go with option B. You don't want to be on Blackgate and chances are we don't want you on BG.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:No way to justify this unless no link for them anymore like really anet is dumb af. It's almost like should we just transfer for ez mode and ruin the game or stick it out with your server.

Well, since mounts were added because Anet knows what they are doing and we should ‘just Adapt’ i Guess the same could be said for this change also..

I’ve been over it. ?

?

I don't blame BG for anything. Very skilled group plays the mode correctly by keeping their 6 keeps/smc and almost never overextending to make them vulnerable. The problem was the links that should be locked from transfers cause that mass transfer stacks them/kills their prior link and who ever got stuck w them. But to open them is just encouraging I doubt hulky and his VR guys cuz they tried the BG link for a week but it didn't take but maybe some other 20 man guild to bandwagon. I do like mounts tho

Hunk came one week to get fights on a reset. From there VR left because, (I would imagine) they enjoyed wrecking the bully rather than running with the bully.

Yeah I remember. It's tempting even for me cuz being on BG is almost a perm 10 pips per 5 min vs getting stuck in the who the eff knows what server I'll be linked with farming 8 pips adding 3-4 hours per week to finish diamond but It's not as fun as you said being the bully for some as this link has been constant double team which is fun fighting that off then camp taking in BG watching the other 2 teams avoid us.

If BG outnumbers it’s opponents so heavily, I would think the outnumbered pips would be such an advantage. If they aren’t able to get outnumbered pips, why are they unable to field the same numbers nor be able to ‘win’

It’s normal for BG players to get outnumbered pips on 1-2 maps in prime time every night other than reset.

I have a bunch of easy Legendary Armor from having nonstop outmanned while playing BG. Use to take breaks when we went to T2 because at the time was only playing WvW for the pips and rarely got outmanned in T2.

Playing BG is great for pips. But for the game mode they are a disaster.

Well, there are two ways to look at this.

1. ANET has completely lost touch and doesn't realize opening BG is a terrible idea.or
  2. ANET knows alliances are coming soon and are using this as a way to get some quick gem sales from the bandwagon jumpers.

It is definitely one of those options.

@Grim West.3194 said:

I’ve been over it. ?

?

I have a bunch of easy Legendary Armor from having nonstop outmanned while playing BG. Use to take breaks when we went to T2 because at the time was only playing WvW for the pips and rarely got outmanned in T2.

Playing BG is great for pips. But for the game mode they are a disaster.

I’ve got two and a half sets from those same outnumbered pips in prime time.... on BG.

What’s your point?