GW2 2019 is ResidentSleeper

@Mortifera.6138 said:

@knomslayer.9457 said:Gw2 is best mmo in world. If its boring for you then go play fortnite

If you told Fortnite players to go play Guild Wars 2, they wouldn’t know what you’re talking about. Therein lies the problem.

Fortnite players do not play MMO's, and they're mostly a bunch of preteens anyways, why would you want them in this game?

@Zaklex.6308 said:

@knomslayer.9457 said:Gw2 is best mmo in world. If its boring for you then go play fortnite

If you told Fortnite players to go play Guild Wars 2, they wouldn’t know what you’re talking about. Therein lies the problem.

Fortnite players do not play MMO's, and they're mostly a bunch of preteens anyways, why would you want them in this game?

ANet would gladly take more players, if they knew how.

@Mortifera.6138 said:

They'll have to wait a few years to even attempt to recruit all the Fortnight players I've ever met, since they're not legally allowed to purchase GW2 yet. (And at least 2 of them have parents who are strict enough to worry about a 12+ rating.)

Maybe they're the exception and there are older players too. Admittedly I don't currently work with older teens so I don't get to hear what they're into as much but my impression has always been that it's a kids game.

@Danikat.8537 said:

They'll have to wait a few years to even attempt to recruit all the Fortnight players I've ever met, since they're not legally allowed to purchase GW2 yet. (And at least 2 of them have parents who are strict enough to worry about a 12+ rating.)

Maybe they're the exception and there are older players too. Admittedly I don't currently work with older teens so I don't get to hear what they're into as much but my impression has always been that it's a kids game.

Most of the younger adults i work with(18-20) stopped playing it pretty quickly after the massive hype for it died off, obviously a small sample size, but still.

A third person shooter with fast gameplay compared to.. a game that can be played at a glacier's pace. MMOs aren't popular because they lack the instant gratification of a satisfying PvP kill. The only feeling of euphoria might come from beating extremely hard content right as it's new, or dropping an extremely rare item. Both situations that are temporary and don't tend to repeat themselves often if at all. WoW has a ton of rare items ingame at least, things like new mount skins and all, that fall under that. GW really only has infusions or some other rare skins that might drop from specific enemies. Drop rates so low you wouldn't really try to go for any of it. That's kind of disappointing, because it doesn't leave a nice feeling when you just never get anything special.

@Mortifera.6138 said:

@"knomslayer.9457" said:Gw2 is best mmo in world. If its boring for you then go play fortnite

Yes, they would, but they'd prefer players that actually where interested in the game, and not in being rude or crude(as a lot of pre-teens are, since this game is rated "T" for 13 an up).

@Obtena.7952 said:

I've seen Fortnite players ... if they came over to GW2, THAT would be the problem.

Yeah alot of them are actually skilled and understand their game's mechanics, cant have that here /s

@zealex.9410 said:

I've seen Fortnite players ... if they came over to GW2, THAT would be the problem.

Yeah alot of them are actually skilled and understand their game's mechanics, cant have that here /s

How can i gild this comment lmao. Something that actualy gave me a chuckle :+1:

@Blocki.4931 said:A third person shooter with fast gameplay compared to.. a game that can be played at a glacier's pace. MMOs aren't popular because they lack the instant gratification of a satisfying PvP kill...satisfing PvP kill...PvP

Hmm if only MMOs tended to have a certain type of game mode. The kind that would let players vs players. Nah I dont think ive ever seen an mmo with such wizardry.

@zealex.9410 said:

Actually, there is lots of truth to that ... but for a good reason, not the one you want to exploit. Let's hope it doesn't change.

@Obtena.7952 said:

Actually, there is lots of truth to that ... but for a good reason, not the one you want to exploit. Let's hope it doesn't change.

Not sure i quite follow, whats that reason?

@zealex.9410 said:

Not sure i quite follow, whats that reason?

It's the market that GW2 is targeted to.