(Spoilers) ANet Reveals Contents of 7th Birthday Gifts

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:That chair is awesome. The armor & weapon skins are trash though (luminous).

How do you know the chair looks "awesome"? Have not been able to find any info on it yet.

Edit: Oh, that little stone pedestal and the pose in the screenshot
are
the "chair"? :s

And the pretty cool dragon logo behind you

a05b7Victory-Rock.png

@"mrauls.6519" said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:What title do we get for year 7

@Jenstone.6891 said:On the page it says Title: Victorious

Victorious??? That actually sounds dope. Btw, what does your name mean? I've seen you for so many years now and have always wondered

Ooh, ooh lets guess. (The name) Ill Conceived (was) Not Available.

@"Ze Dos Cavalos.6132" said:So lvl up scroll is removed but nothing to replace it?Characters birthday gifts are giving less items now.I understand the need to stop the scroll madness but they should give something else instead.Why? There's no law that says "your character birthday gift has to contain at least x items".

Sorry, but this reminds me on that scene from early Harry Potter where Dudley throws a tantrum because he gets only 36 birthday gifts when last year he got 37 ;) . I understand that every person values each gift differently, and it can be a disappointment when the one gift (of many) that you find most helpful doesn't turn up again next year, but it really is a gift that we are getting "for free" (just by having a character for a certain amount of time). I find it makes them much more enjoyable if I take them as a free bonus, rather than feel entitled to get x or y.

@Rasimir.6239 said:

@"Ze Dos Cavalos.6132" said:So lvl up scroll is removed but nothing to replace it?Characters birthday gifts are giving less items now.I understand the need to stop the scroll madness but they should give something else instead.Why? There's no law that says "your character birthday gift has to contain at least x items".

Sorry, but this reminds me on that scene from early Harry Potter where Dudley throws a tantrum because he gets only 36 birthday gifts when last year he got 37 ;) . I understand that every person values each gift differently, and it can be a disappointment when the one gift (of many) that you find most helpful doesn't turn up again next year, but it really is a gift that we are getting "for free" (just by having a character for a certain amount of time). I find it makes them much more enjoyable if I take them as a free bonus, rather than feel entitled to get x or y.

Well I don't really care about the scroll, I just think year 7 present shouldn't give less than the year 6 present that's all.This is not about birthday, its about how many years people are playing the game.The more you play the less reward, its like the ap rewards, 40k ap gets the same reward as a 5k ap player.But none of this bothers me, I know what type of game im playing and anet needs to make money.

Let's face it, anet is not exactly known to be generous, The birthday is pretty standard, as much as I would love to see something like (universal mount selection license or a anniversary wardrobe picker not unlocker, or hey maybe just a pack of BL keys). Rewarding longevity to their game ain't worth anything apparently at least we get anniversary bl sales ( 1 free repair canister, bl merchant and trade post) can't wait!

@Hashberry.4510 said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:What title do we get for year 7

@Jenstone.6891 said:On the page it says Title: Victorious

Victorious??? That actually sounds dope. Btw, what does your name mean? I've seen you for so many years now and have always wondered

Ooh, ooh lets guess. (The name) Ill Conceived (was) Not Available.

I assume it's a reference to the Ritualist skills from GW1 like Generous Was Tsungrai, Resilient Was Xiko, Vengeful Was Khanhei and so on.

@Sernius Alathar.6538 said:Let's face it, anet is not exactly known to be generous, The birthday is pretty standard, as much as I would love to see something like (universal mount selection license or a anniversary wardrobe picker not unlocker, or hey maybe just a pack of BL keys). Rewarding longevity to their game ain't worth anything apparently at least we get anniversary bl sales ( 1 free repair canister, bl merchant and trade post) can't wait!

You say that. Yet the fact they added such a system shows a level of generosity.

@"Ze Dos Cavalos.6132" said:Well I don't really care about the scroll, I just think year 7 present shouldn't give less than the year 6 present that's all.As with many other things I guess the truth is in the eye of the beholder. You can define "less" numerically by the number of inventory slots used when unpacking the present, or by the gifts' usefulness for an individual or the majority of players. You can define it by "quality" of the gifts. You can define it solely looking at the character gift box, or by looking at character and account bound presents.

To some people the experience scroll per character birthday is valuable (because they like to delete and recreate characters or do extensive key/sigil farms). To others it's a waste of space because they don't use it but can't bring themselves to trash it. To some, the account bound gifts are worth more than the previous years because it gives them even more skins that they can't get another way. To others skins are a waste of time and resources. To some (especially those with many old characters) the addition of black lion statues to the 6th and 7th year character birthdays alone are worth more than all experience scrolls combined.

Just counting the number of items is a way to define "more" or "less", but personally I don't find it especially helpful to judge the worth of the gift nor fair towards those that give.

@Kodokuna Akuma.9570 said:

@Sernius Alathar.6538 said:Let's face it, anet is not exactly known to be generous, The birthday is pretty standard, as much as I would love to see something like (universal mount selection license or a anniversary wardrobe picker not unlocker, or hey maybe just a pack of BL keys). Rewarding longevity to their game ain't worth anything apparently at least we get anniversary bl sales ( 1 free repair canister, bl merchant and trade post) can't wait!

You say that. Yet the fact they added such a system shows a level of generosity.

True, just not a very high level lol

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:That chair is awesome. The armor & weapon skins are trash though (luminous).

How do you know the chair looks "awesome"? Have not been able to find any info on it yet.

are

a05b7Victory-Rock.png

I got that, the question was rethorical ;) after I realized that that's the "chair".

"Cool" is relative. I need to see this live first before I can say whether I like it. Standing there frozen in that pose might look a little silly, especially with that huge GW2 logo. We'll see. :)

@Mil.3562 said:I like the novelty chair, victorious title and the exclusive armour skin. I don't care much about the rest.

I wish they'd make the dyes tradeable. I already have all unlocked... :/

@Ashantara.8731 said:

are

a05b7Victory-Rock.png

I got that, the question was rethorical ;) after I realized that that's the "chair".

"Cool" is relative. I need to see this live first before I can say whether I like it. Standing there frozen in that pose might look a little silly, especially with that huge GW2 logo. We'll see. :)

@Mil.3562 said:I like the novelty chair, victorious title and the exclusive armour skin. I don't care much about the rest.

I wish they'd make the dyes tradeable. I already have all unlocked...

I wish they’d make them salvageable at the minimum. Right now you can only delete after typing the name in the delete box.