There's something fishy going on...

Why is all the new content being added to the gem store??Also, other than to compete with wow vanilla, why does anet NEED to make their expansion announcement at the same time as WoW Vanilla and why have we had such a bad content drought??Are we ever going to get a rework on WvW (mounts ruined it especially for thieves)? The last question is: "why do we need to wait a month in between seasons if the only reason players play ranked is for legendary amor? Please answer all the questions, or your favourite question in the chat below. Dont forget to leave a like and to smash. Just smash, man, whatever it is, smash it.

With love,your boi Asmon

ps. I need help finding a new game, this one isnt doing it for me anymore :/ sorry bois

Edit:1)This post is tongue and cheek for the most part, but the first question I asked i feel is still unanswered. What upsets me about the gem stores the most, are all the beautiful skins that end up in the store and not directly in the game. Yes, you can technically buy and convert gold to buy gems, but that takes a lot of gold. A better question would be: "why are all good looking skins, whether its mount, weapon, or armor skins, in the gem store and not in game?" For example, nearly all skins that are added to the game through the gem store look much better than any other in game skin. The fact that anet adds this many skins to the gem store does take away from the development time for artists in one way or another. Another question arises from this, which is: "why would cant we have good looking skins in the game, that compete with gem store skins?" Obviously anet needs to make money, but with recent events regarding loot boxes and predatory micro transactions Im starting to hate this gem store. I find it cheap that all the best armor skins are in the gem store. So thats what i ment to say with my first question.2) so pax west is on the 30th, which explains a lot. Still though, they didnt have such a large announcement before so i still believe Anet chose to do this long, and special event on the 30th.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

@"VoidNard.7206" said:Why is all the new content being added to the gem store?No content is being added the gem shop.

Also, other than to compete with wow vanilla, why does anet NEED to make their expansion announcement at the same time as WoW Vanilla and why have we had such a bad content drought?(1) there's unlikely to be an expansion announcement(2) we haven't had a content drought; it's been exactly 90 days since the LS4 ended (and we have had two festivals, including a new one, plus a variety of special events)

?Are we ever going to get a rework on WvWWvW focus is overhauling (aka Alliances).

(mounts ruined it especially for thieves)?not everyone agrees

The last question is: "why do we need to wait a month in between seasons if the only reason players play ranked is for legendary amor?

It's not the only reason some people play and some people want a break between seasons. It also gives ANet a chance to assess the metrics and evaluate the balance.

ps. I need help finding a new game, this one isnt doing it for me anymore :/ sorry boisDon't forget to give away your stuff.

@"VoidNard.7206" said:Why is all the new content being added to the gem store??Also, other than to compete with wow vanilla, why does anet NEED to make their expansion announcement at the same time as WoW Vanilla and why have we had such a bad content drought??Are we ever going to get a rework on WvW (mounts ruined it especially for thieves)? The last question is: "why do we need to wait a month in between seasons if the only reason players play ranked is for legendary amor? Please answer all the questions, or your favourite question in the chat below. Dont forget to leave a like and to smash. Just smash, man, whatever it is, smash it.

With love,your boi Asmon

ps. I need help finding a new game, this one isnt doing it for me anymore :/ sorry bois

Well if adding shop items is supposed to compete with wow classic i think someone made a huge error. Try wow classic, im going to try it out i already have an account there. But first i want to hear what the announcement is

No content is being added the gem shop.content is being added in the way of development time

(1) there's unlikely to be an expansion announcementi agree, but also what then?(2) we haven't had a content drought; it's been exactly 90 days since the LS4 ended (and we have had two festivals, including a new one, plus a variety of special events)festivals are just rehashed content, nothing new. And yes, ls4 is content and one raid wing. Relating to the previous question, development time is being wasted on gem store art and design

WvW focus is overhauling (aka Alliances).only heard rumors that anet is working on it, so that doesnt count.

not everyone agreesyeah youre right, but mostly because it doesnt affect me since i dont play much WvW. Thing is, what is mobility for if ever class can move around the map nearly as fast as thieves. This is just an example though.

It's not the only reason some people play and some people want a break between seasons. It also gives ANet a chance to assess the metrics and evaluate the balance.There arent that many people that play spvp, i promise you that, and especially at higher ranks. Anet balances during season, so that doesnt make any sense. Also, what is balance anyways? havent seen that in a while...

Don't forget to give away your stuff.You can have my salt packs ive been storing in my bank

Thanks for liking and smashing

@VoidNard.7206 said:Why is all the new content being added to the gem store?

The only content we've gotten since War Eternity has not been part of the gemstore. Don't mistake skins for content.

Also, other than to compete with wow vanilla, why does anet NEED to make their expansion announcement at the same time as WoW Vanilla

It's an announcement at PAX. They're doing it then because it's PAX. WoW has no relevance.

and why have we had such a bad content drought?There's been no drought.

We've had only two weeks - disconnected - of no content since April began. Whether it was in the form of a LW episode, side story events, raid, community events, or festivals, there's only been two weeks where something hadn't been added to the game.

This is not a content drought. You're vastly overstating things. Hell, even the gap between HoT and Season 3 (or the gap between Season 2 and HoT) were hardly content droughts worth complaining about.

Are we ever going to get a rework on WvW (mounts ruined it especially for thieves)?

Mounts ruining WvW is a matter of opinion that, as I could see, is in the minority.

That said, we've known for a while that alliances is coming that will alter WvW structure.

Then why bother with everything else?

Well if adding shop items is supposed to compete with wow classic i think someone made a huge error. Try wow classic, im going to try it out i already have an account there. But first i want to hear what the announcement is

I wasnt very clear, my bad. What i meant to say is that companies compete with other game companies by releasing their games at the same time as other games to steal the attention from smaller game releases. AAA companies do this often and this happens if other industries too. Youre right though, I think I will try out vanilla since im stoked for it. Might not have time though since im in uni.

@VoidNard.7206 said:Well if adding shop items is supposed to compete with wow classic i think someone made a huge error. Try wow classic, im going to try it out i already have an account there. But first i want to hear what the announcement is

I wasnt very clear, my bad. What i meant to say is that companies compete with other game companies by releasing their games at the same time as other games to steal the attention from smaller game releases. AAA companies do this often and this happens if other industries too. Youre right though, I think I will try out vanilla since im stoked for it. Might not have time though since im in uni.

As you said other games try to steal attention from smaller game releases so wouldent it be bad for anet a smaller game to release something when wow classic do?Its more likely said reveal will show something that the ones disapointed or burnt out by wow classic might be intrested in a/couple of month after said reveal.

Aloha! I was reeled in by the title of the thread walleye was browsing the forum and decided to take the bait. Sorry to hear about your experience, chum. Fin-ished with the game, are you? Salmon us still like GuildWars2, but I can understand if your interest has taken a dive. A good thing there's such a big pool of other MMOs to try; plenty of fish, as they say.

Shark can't blame you for speaking your mind, but WoW don't you stick around until August 30th? It sure as elf couldn't hurt to wade and sea what ArenaNet's big announcement is, cod it?

@"VoidNard.7206" said:Alliances are coming, we just have to be patient. I am hyped for sure!I would love any kind of attention to WvW at this point. This used to be the "end game" content for gw2 back in the days and i used to really enjoy it,

How patient thought ? Its been 19 months since the first mention of it. This thing is gonna take longer than an expansion to finish.

@Glider.5792 said:

@"VoidNard.7206" said:Alliances are coming, we just have to be patient. I am hyped for sure!I would love any kind of attention to WvW at this point. This used to be the "end game" content for gw2 back in the days and i used to really enjoy it,

How patient thought ? Its been 19 months since the first mention of it. This thing is gonna take longer than an expansion to finish.

There's the problem, how can anyone still be hyped for something that was announced 19 months ago. I mean, imagine the long term damage being done to your hype glands if you're maintaining elevated hype levels for that long? It's irresponsible.

@"VoidNard.7206" said:Why is all the new content being added to the gem store??Also, other than to compete with wow vanilla, why does anet NEED to make their expansion announcement at the same time as WoW Vanilla and why have we had such a bad content drought??Are we ever going to get a rework on WvW (mounts ruined it especially for thieves)? The last question is: "why do we need to wait a month in between seasons if the only reason players play ranked is for legendary amor? Please answer all the questions, or your favourite question in the chat below. Dont forget to leave a like and to smash. Just smash, man, whatever it is, smash it.

With love,your boi Asmon

Mounts in WvW were okay but it's ruined by the fact that any newcomers have to grind tediously for the Warclaw, leaving you far behind groups and diminishing contribution. I don't play WvW much so I've had to chip away at it for ages. I'd wager in another 2 hours I'd have finished the Warclaw collection. I understand why it isn't given away outright, but they could have done just that and simply not allow it to be used outside of WvW. Instead you become bored because you can't keep up. This is also why mounts were needed, running from A to B is incredibly dull and it puts people off or they get tired of it and go elsewhere.

What bothers me so much about this game is that absolutely everything has a wall. Wall here, wall there. You want that? Grind excessively. You want that too? More grind, even if it's a tiny item. This is a pain because material costs for items are ludicrous. Ascended... crazy material cost when you have to craft a full set of armour and ascended weapons, with a crap ton of time-gating in between. The biggest issue for me though is that FARMING IS NOT VIABLE in GW2. Now people will come in here and scream at me saying yes it is.... but no, it isn't. It's far MORE viable to grind meta, make gold and then buy your materials on trading post. It freaking sucks. Which leads me to another point regarding the likes of Leatherworker and Tailor. Of all the professions, the most annoying (excluding Scribe) is gathering materials for Leatherworker and Tailor. Armoursmith and Weaponsmith have it easy. Artificer, okay. Cooking okay. I have 750 material storage and within a flash all of my collected goodies are gone. You telling me this isn't grinding people's gears to spend gold? You get very little rewards in GW2 for your time investment and with the addition of overly fancy looking outfits / skins, Anet are also undermining those who put the most effort in.

I don't mind grind. In fact, I like it. But excessive amounts of it is just irritating. With WvW this stuff is really starting to annoy me. I'll have the Warclaw soon but it's an immediate put-off. Newcomers to WvW will likely not bother and just try PvP instead.

No content is being added the gem shop.content is being added in the way of development timeThat is not content.

(1) there's unlikely to be an expansion announcementi agree, but also what then?They said what in the news post. The subject matter of the announcement is living world season 5.

(2) we haven't had a content drought; it's been exactly 90 days since the LS4 ended (and we have had two festivals, including a new one, plus a variety of special events)festivals are just rehashed content, nothing new. And yes, ls4 is content and one raid wing. Relating to the previous question, development time is being wasted on gem store art and designAgain wrong. Firstly rehashed content is still content. Also considering one of the two festivals run (Dragon Bash) Is the first time the festival actually ran (as a festival) as aposed to the old lws 1 format.

WvW focus is overhauling (aka Alliances).only heard rumors that anet is working on it, so that doesnt count.Not rumors, the devs themselves have up and said this.

@VoidNard.7206 said:Why is all the new content being added to the gem store??Also, other than to compete with wow vanilla, why does anet NEED to make their expansion announcement at the same time as WoW Vanilla and why have we had such a bad content drought??Are we ever going to get a rework on WvW (mounts ruined it especially for thieves)? The last question is: "why do we need to wait a month in between seasons if the only reason players play ranked is for legendary amor? Please answer all the questions, or your favourite question in the chat below. Dont forget to leave a like and to smash. Just smash, man, whatever it is, smash it.

With love,your boi Asmon

Why does Anet need to make their announcement at the anniversary of the game's release? Because anniversaries are great for announcements!The real question is why did Blizzard decide to release wow classic at the anniversary of Guild Wars 2 release and not at some other time, like the anniversary of wow itself. It would fit to release classic at a time that coincides with the release of the game, instead they chose GW2 anniversary.

@VoidNard.7206 said:I wasnt very clear, my bad. What i meant to say is that companies compete with other game companies by releasing their games at the same time as other games to steal the attention from smaller game releases.

Yes that's exactly what Blizzard did

@VoidNard.7206 said:

No content is being added the gem shop.content is being added in the way of development time

Artist are not game developers. And how do you suppose anet pays their bills?

(1) there's unlikely to be an expansion announcementi agree, but also what then?(2) we haven't had a content drought; it's been exactly 90 days since the LS4 ended (and we have had two festivals, including a new one, plus a variety of special events)festivals are just rehashed content, nothing new. And yes, ls4 is content and one raid wing. Relating to the previous question, development time is being wasted on gem store art and design

You not liking content doesn't make it not content

WvW focus is overhauling (aka Alliances).only heard rumors that anet is working on it, so that doesnt count.

not everyone agreesyeah youre right, but mostly because it doesnt affect me since i dont play much WvW. Thing is, what is mobility for if ever class can move around the map nearly as fast as thieves. This is just an example though.

It's not the only reason some people play and some people want a break between seasons. It also gives ANet a chance to assess the metrics and evaluate the balance.There arent that many people that play spvp, i promise you that, and especially at higher ranks. Anet balances during season, so that doesnt make any sense. Also, what is balance anyways? havent seen that in a while...

Don't forget to give away your stuff.You can have my salt packs ive been storing in my bank

Thanks for liking and smashing